Kingdom Come; Deliverance

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
kingdom-come-deliverance-review_1518504610381.jpg

What, no thread on this?

Bugs aside, it could be the game of the year.

Retrieving the ring from the executioner, things went sideways and well, I had to kill him (I really wish I didn't have to). I don't think anyone saw me do it, but now my reputation with Rattay citizens is -100, oddly enough with the guards it's 50.

So is the reputation due to me being a filthy Skalitz refugee or do they all know I'm basically a murderer on the loose?

Last edited:
Reactions: Blender

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Judging by the reviews, I don't think it will be in contention for Game of the Year.

Looks like a decent RPG though. Not a huge fan of first person combat though.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Goty? Lol. It’s interesting though i may pick it up. And the reviews are good so I probably will one day.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Nearly full price title that's jank as hell..

...and yet, colour me interested. :laugh:

The setting is a very interesting one.

However, to me, this is a wait-for-sale game. I'm not usually a first-person kind of guy, except for the occasional shooter. I'm the kind of guy who plays Skyrim in third person.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Judging by the reviews, I don't think it will be in contention for Game of the Year.

Looks like a decent RPG though. Not a huge fan of first person combat though.
I wouldn't trust reviews for this game considering the "drama" that surrounded it.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I’ve seen a streamer spend 15 minutes trying to get through a door frame near the start of the game. So there’s, uh, definitely something to be desired in the testing department

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I pre-ordered it, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. This one definitely won't be for everyone, but looks amazing.

Definitely has some bugs that will need patching, but most open world RPGs do.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Feels like yesterday when Vávra put out the column about "all I need is 6 million dollars and I'll make an RPG better than anything on the market these days." I'll definitely be buying it, just not sure when.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'll probably check it out at some point. Currently playing ELEX which scratches similar itches so not really sure I should jump right into yet another open world RPG right away.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This looks like a game which would be better served waiting a year for the bugs to be worked out
Probably, but that has been the case for almost all of these big open world games, especially Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

From what I've been reading there has been mixed experiences as far as bugs go, some people have been playing for hours without anything major, and others have had some game breaking bugs come up. Considering how much freedom of choice this game gives you, there is just no chance they could have tested the game in a way to find every bug before launch.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I've watched a streamer play about 3-4 hours of this and if I weren't currently paying off a massive trip, I'd buy this immediately. Absolutely love what I'm seeing so far!

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
how empty is the world? I have listened to a few reviews and the common theme is that travel between the towns was uneventful with little to no animal life, lack of points of interest to explore and people to interact with.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Probably, but that has been the case for almost all of these big open world games, especially Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

From what I've been reading there has been mixed experiences as far as bugs go, some people have been playing for hours without anything major, and others have had some game breaking bugs come up. Considering how much freedom of choice this game gives you, there is just no chance they could have tested the game in a way to find every bug before launch.

Didnt they say its only been released now because of prior obligation and that if they had a choice it would have been delayed?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
how empty is the world? I have listened to a few reviews and the common theme is that travel between the towns was uneventful with little to no animal life, lack of points of interest to explore and people to interact with.
I still haven't had a chance to play, but my understanding is that this was intentional for realism. The game is set in the 1403 in Bohemia, and they tried to make it as authentic as possible. There just weren't massive populations and such back then. This isn't Elder Scrolls, there isn't a cave or point of interest every 50 feet, and you won't be mowing people down like a god 6 hours into the game. If you stray off the roads into the wilderness you are going to see more than if you just walk the road of course, and every town has people in them with tons of quests. You can easily spend 8 hours doing the tutorial if you take your time to do everything.

Didnt they say its only been released now because of prior obligation and that if they had a choice it would have been delayed?
I haven't read that, but it's possible. That was for sure the reason for the massive day one patch that happened (23GB). They needed to send the game to the publisher 3 months ago to be ready for this release date, but they still had things they wanted to fix, so they kept working for 3 months and that patch is the result of it. There is another patch that is smaller coming in a couple of weeks as well.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Played about 10 hours or so of it. So glitchy at parts. Really poorly tested and incomplete, imo. There are some really good story lines and features in the game, but I don't think it was right to release it as is.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I played about 2 hours of it last night. Really immersion with a great atmosphere. Ran into one bad bug, I got stuck in a hedgerow and had to reload.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The list of bugs is extensive.

They probably should have made use of the Early Access program.

Either that, or had Bethesda publish it. :laugh:
I think they needed some cash as well, so delaying it for a long time wasn't in the cards. Supposedly broke 500,000 copies sold on day 1, and Vavra said he expected that the game would be paid for after today and they would start making money that they can use to keep development going.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Well, I was a bit worried as an early backer because the Beta was fundamentally broken for me when they stopped updating it.

I’ve seen a few niggily things, but nothing earth shattering. I’ve always wanted a realistic RPG and they’ve delivered. Love the story so far.

I’ve had trouble getting into open world games recently, but I’m hooked.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well, I was a bit worried as an early backer because the Beta was fundamentally broken for me when they stopped updating it.

I’ve seen a few niggily things, but nothing earth shattering. I’ve always wanted a realistic RPG and they’ve delivered. Love the story so far.

I’ve had trouble getting into open world games recently, but I’m hooked.
I got hooked when I choked out Kunesh and stole all his shit.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
By the way, one of the things I really like is that if you want to quick save you have to drink an alcoholic beverage. Sort of like a shot of courage before you head into battle. I know people are moaning about that, but I really hope they don’t change it.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
By the way, one of the things I really like is that if you want to quick save you have to drink an alcoholic beverage. Sort of like a shot of courage before you head into battle. I know people are moaning about that, but I really hope they don’t change it.
I downloaded the mod that got rI'd of this. It's not that I'm going to save scum, I just don't have a ton of play time during the week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->