Kingdom Come; Deliverance

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Really interested in this game. I’m tempted to pick it up now, but I think I might have a better experience if I wait a few weeks and let some of the bugs get ironed out.

Glitches aside, this game looks really impressive considering the budget and the size of the studio.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm about 8 hours in so far. Game really starts to take off and open up after the prologue.

Qurpiz

Nudes in bio
Nov 5, 2006
how empty is the world? I have listened to a few reviews and the common theme is that travel between the towns was uneventful with little to no animal life, lack of points of interest to explore and people to interact with.

Definitely not much going on between towns and villages, save for few random encounters that start to repeat themselves in a big hurry. I'm now 21 hours in according to Steam and I've come across the body on the road encounter a good 5 or 6 times already.

Haven't had any major bugs after first day of playing, I'd say the game runs pretty damn smooth. Had to reload maybe 3 times, usually because an NPC forgets to function or loses his way. I don't think Fallout 4 ran this smoothly.
I might have to drop down to 1920x1080 from 2k, now that I'm in the first big battle (meaning with more than 10 people in it) the fps drops to low 20s.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
:laugh:

5Ic5xoO.jpg

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Those treasure chests are a bit overpowered. Getting top tier equipment worth 20,000+ from unlocked and undefended chests is nice and all, but the option is there to just ride and get them pretty early...

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Decided to just bite the bullet and buy it. I love it so far. My only gripe is when you make graphics changes it takes like 2 to 3 minutes to apply the changes, even at the intro menu. WTF is up with that?

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Decided to just bite the bullet and buy it. I love it so far. My only gripe is when you make graphics changes it takes like 2 to 3 minutes to apply the changes, even at the intro menu. WTF is up with that?
I haven't had that issue. I changed the graphics a few times in game. Really liking it too, the bugs have been really minor. My only issue is lock picking, I have no idea how to do it yet.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I haven't had that issue. I changed the graphics a few times in game. Really liking it too, the bugs have been really minor. My only issue is lock picking, I have no idea how to do it yet.
It's terrible on PC especially, since full speed is the only option where on console you can feather it more. The flip side is it's easier to guide the pick on PC with the mouse.

Apparently they are going to change lock picking in some way.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm glad to hear some of the later comments in this thread because I had been watching a Let's Play of this and was really interested in buying the game but the first page of comments and a few reviews were making me wonder. I'm still not 100% sure about buying it but I'm definitely leaning in favor of it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm glad to hear some of the later comments in this thread because I had been watching a Let's Play of this and was really interested in buying the game but the first page of comments and a few reviews were making me wonder. I'm still not 100% sure about buying it but I'm definitely leaning in favor of it.
There are bugs, plain and simple, but I haven't hit anything more serious than bugs I ran into in any Elder Scrolls or Fallout game at launch. If you watched videos and liked the mechanics you saw, I'd buy it. You'll easily gets dozens of hours out of this even with any bugs, which are being patched.

Be prepared to be useless as f*** for a while though, as you just start out as an ordinary blacksmith's apprentice with little in the way of skills.

Game is popular I guess...

waivaumge0h01.png

Last edited:
Reactions: WPGNYRFan

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
There are bugs, plain and simple, but I haven't hit anything more serious than bugs I ran into in any Elder Scrolls or Fallout game at launch. If you watched videos and liked the mechanics you saw, I'd buy it. You'll easily gets dozens of hours out of this even with any bugs, which are being patched.

Be prepared to be useless as **** for a while though, as you just start out as an ordinary blacksmith's apprentice with little in the way of skills.

Game is popular I guess...

waivaumge0h01.png

This is actually a big part of why I like it so much!

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Be prepared to be useless as **** for a while though, as you just start out as an ordinary blacksmith's apprentice with little in the way of skills.

That's how RPGs should be, IMO. The lower that you start out and the longer that it takes to get powerful, the more rewarding that it ends up being. I like when games (especially the Elder Scrolls series) start you out as a prisoner in barely more than a loin cloth. I usually enjoy the early portions of RPGs more than the latter portions, partly because discovery is half the fun, but also because everything is more of a challenge. Even a lowly mudcrap may be something that you think twice about getting too close to, since it can take a big portion of your health and you may have only a few (or no) precious healing potions. I actually wish that more RPGs would extend the early portions of games, because it seems like they last only 6-10 hours before the games get a lot easier (often because you're inevitably gifted with quest rewards that are much better than what you had and make you much more powerful overnight).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's how RPGs should be, IMO. The lower that you start out and the longer that it takes to get powerful, the more rewarding that it ends up being. I like when games (especially the Elder Scrolls series) start you out as a prisoner in barely more than a loin cloth. I usually enjoy the early portions of RPGs more than the latter portions, partly because discovery is half the fun, but also because everything is more of a challenge. Even a lowly mudcrap may be something that you think twice about getting too close to, since it can take a big portion of your health and you may have only a few (or no) precious healing potions. I actually wish that more RPGs would extend the early portions of games, because it seems like they last only 6-10 hours before the games get a lot easier (often because you're inevitably gifted with quest rewards that are much better than what you had and make you much more powerful overnight).
I'm at the place in the game now where lowly bandits who at the start of the game would have destroyed me now go down in one or two hits and I can easily handle multiple of them at a time, but high level guys like Captain Bernard (the guy who you can train with) will still beat my ass in a real fight. I ran into a high level bandit camp while exploring yesterday and the boss bandit had a warhammer and a full set of high end plate armor, between him and his 4 other well armed guys I got stomped.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

This is one of the big reasons I'm loving it so far as well. I was a bit surprised when, after already playing for several hours, the game's opening credits started to roll, and I realized that I had only just finished what was basically the tutorial part of the game. I don't really play a ton of games, so I don't know if this style of combat system is as unique as it seems to me, but it's really interesting. It's taking some getting used to, but it's just so much more fun than say, the Skyrim style of "click mouse to make things dead".

Haven't really encountered many bugs yet, nothing major anyway.

Oh, and having Drinking as a skill is great.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is one of the big reasons I'm loving it so far as well. I was a bit surprised when, after already playing for several hours, the game's opening credits started to roll, and I realized that I had only just finished what was basically the tutorial part of the game. I don't really play a ton of games, so I don't know if this style of combat system is as unique as it seems to me, but it's really interesting. It's taking some getting used to, but it's just so much more fun than say, the Skyrim style of "click mouse to make things dead".

Haven't really encountered many bugs yet, nothing major anyway.

Oh, and having Drinking as a skill is great.
No spoilers, but make sure you go drinking with the priest when he asks.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Battle of Pribyslavitz was f***ing awesome.

Although since I had delayed the main quest quite a bit, Runt was a lot easier than he should have been. Plus he wasn't wearing a helmet, so he went down with one body shot and a head shot from my mace.

NameInUse

Sep 27, 2017
I'll probably check it out at some point. Currently playing ELEX which scratches similar itches so not really sure I should jump right into yet another open world RPG right away.
I'm on my second playthrough since I bought it after Christmas. ELEX definitely scratched an itch I didn't even know I had. Lol

Reactions: SniperHF

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Those player numbers are great, I'm glad the game is doing well. Even though they kind of went partial publisher later, it's good to have another legit independent RPG studio on the map.

The way Blender is talking about it makes me want to play it sooner rather than later. Sounds right up my alley.

I'm on my second playthrough since I bought it after Christmas. ELEX definitely scratched an itch I didn't even know I had. Lol

Risen 1 is very similar to ELEX and is worth playing.
Gothic is an even better series if you can handle dated graphics/interfaces. Gothic 2 is one of the best RPGs ever made.
Both have somewhat interesting settings in their own right, but they aren't as unique as ELEX though. But they have the same basic gameplay setup.

NameInUse

Sep 27, 2017
Risen 1 is very similar to ELEX and is worth playing.
Gothic is an even better series if you can handle dated graphics/interfaces. Gothic 2 is one of the best RPGs ever made.
Both have somewhat interesting settings in their own right, but they aren't as unique as ELEX though. But they have the same basic gameplay setup.
Agree on all counts; I finished them all. Gothic 3 with the fanbase patch that finally got it working was also very good for its time. Gothic 4 (Arcania) on the other hand sucked. Piranah Bytes had moved on to Risen at that point, and the new devs ruined the series by moving away from the sand box/open world concept and putting it on rails.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
No spoilers, but make sure you go drinking with the priest when he asks.
I did but ran into my first game breaking bug because of it. I had to go back and go the other route to be able to continue. Might have been something to do with the patch released about that time.

I’m looking forward to playing unscrupulously next play through. My character is a bit of a goody two shoes. Except for poaching. Deer are unbelievably good value for money.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I did but ran into my first game breaking bug because of it. I had to go back and go the other route to be able to continue. Might have been something to do with the patch released about that time.

I’m looking forward to playing unscrupulously next play through. My character is a bit of a goody two shoes. Except for poaching. Deer are unbelievably good value for money.
What kind of bug did you get?

Hardest part about poaching is selling the meat. Even if you cook it to wipe out the stolen tag, it can be tough to find enough vendors to buy it. I'm mostly making money on bandit and cuman camps now though. Have about 32,000 groschen at this point mostly from that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad