King Max ''Empty Net'' Patches and the monkey off Chuckie's back Habs 4 - NYI 2

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I love empty net goals! It's like closing a favorite book. The Habs have swept the season series with a dangerous competitor.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
V1I25gF.jpg

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That pressure for MB to acquire a top 6 RW just climbed exponentially...

Now the team as zero top 6 RWs... unless Semin can get his **** together (unlikely).
It didn't really climb that much.

We're 2nd place in the NHL (on ROW wins). 1st place in the Eastern Conference. We're one of four teams with a goal differential above 10. We're leading the NHL in goals scored.

Gallagher is out for 3-5 weeks, likely. It's a great opportunity to give our minor league players a shot. Who's to say that Sven Andrighetto can't be a top-6 NHL player? Who's to say Bud Holloway won't step in and surprise?

Injuries suck. But it's a short-term injury, near the start of the season - a season that we're dominating.

Our need to acquire a RW has not really climbed exponentially. In fact, because we get a chance to give Bud Holloway and Sven Andrighetto extended looks - our need may even end up filled without expending any assets.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Funny how people bring up the empty net stats over and over, I'm fairly sure good players pad their stats in this way. I'm not saying Patche is not padding his stats (as if he needs to) but historically, if you're a pro efficient goal scorer you will score in the empty net.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
That pressure for MB to acquire a top 6 RW just climbed exponentially...

Now the team as zero top 6 RWs... unless Semin can get his **** together (unlikely).
As long as Price is at 90% there's no pressure. Bergevin is probably enjoying what he see, and the speculation. Zero top six RW, but the left side is stacked.

Not to mention we actually have RW who could elevate their plays. Not to mention McCarron.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I love empty net goals! It's like closing a favorite book. The Habs have swept the season series with a dangerous competitor.

Haha, that's certainly an original way to look at it.

It makes no sense to me that we have played the season's last game vs. NYI. I mean, an eastern team, in november and we won't play them at least once again in the season. That's a strange schedule

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Haha, that's certainly an original way to look at it.

It makes no sense to me that we have played the season's last game vs. NYI. I mean, an eastern team, in november and we won't play them at least once again in the season. That's a strange schedule

Meanwhile, we don't see Tampa once until the end of December.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Pretty sure asking Gangsta Plex to not pass you the puck for empty netters is the best way to ensure you get the puck for empty netters :D

Now with a big injury to our top 6 we'll get to see if we really have depth. Hope Gally heals well...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The thread title should read Galchenyuk gets monkey (King Kong) off his back!!!...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Which it might seem like with all the media attention Habs players get if they aren't scoring every game!:laugh::nod::yo:

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Liked Andrighetto's pressure on the puck carriers, he's flying out there. Also, I'll spread some more Petry love. Subban had some nice things to say about him after the game and I'll echo his sentiment, he's making everyone around him better and this defense has been solid so far.

This team has been built from the bottom up, so being 1st in GF is promising to say the least.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Pretty sure asking Gangsta Plex to not pass you the puck for empty netters is the best way to ensure you get the puck for empty netters :D

Now with a big injury to our top 6 we'll get to see if we really have depth. Hope Gally heals well...

Plekanec trolling Pacioretty HARD :laugh:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The guys Patches should be upset with are Flynn then DD. I still can't believe Flynn didn't take a shot when he was in excellant position to do so. He passed off to Plek who was in a bad spot.

Then DD's offside on Weise's goal. :laugh:

Weird thing is I can still remember the days when we never seemed to get empty net goals and instead spent the whole time trapped in our own zone. Our transition game has improved a lot, because now I expect us to score the EN goal. Our D is much improved.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
EN net is more a team stats IMO.

It shows that the team is winning with a close score and that it can cut the leg of the other team!

last night was ridicule, like many have posted, habs had like 4-5 chances for EN in the last two minutes... (It was a PP, so 5vs5, but still!).

It was clear that only Weise was ready to score no matter what. Plekky didn't, Flynn didn't and Patche seem mad to do it... Their may be a running gag over that in the dressing room... (I would have started it if a was there!)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Weird thing is I can still remember the days when we never seemed to get empty net goals and instead spent the whole time trapped in our own zone. Our transition game has improved a lot, because now I expect us to score the EN goal. Our D is much improved.

Yeah that was brutal. We simply could not score with the net empty when Gionta, Gomez and Camm was the leaders of the team.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Bring up Big Mac until you can find a trade to help this team's right side.

There's no reason to stall McCarron's development by bringing him up in the NHL to play as a winger instead of a centre. Let him be, the Habs are one of the best teams offensively. Let's see what George III can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad