King Max ''Empty Net'' Patches and the monkey off Chuckie's back Habs 4 - NYI 2

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have to give Pacioretty some slack. It is obvious he is not 100% and missed all summer training and training camp. He is a warrior.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Sucks that we lost Gally for a while, but that's also an opportunity to see what our depth looks like.

And we can afford to ice a sub-optimal roster. See what the prospects have to offer.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Sucks to lose Gally :(

Hopefully, someone takes the chance that is given to them and steps up to the plate.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Look at it as you want.....you have no choice but to have a line with Pleks-Pacioretty and Galchy. Keep the DD line together as your 2nd. And then makes the bottom 2 lines as bottom 2 lines with Eller on C. Easier to fill those lines with fillers than to replace a Gallagher with an Holloway.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Wow, just saw Max's post game comments.

He said he told Pleks not to pass him the puck anymore for empty netters. He doesn't like that. Then he said he didn't deserve that goal tonight (he looked rather serious too when he said it).

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Look at it as you want.....you have no choice but to have a line with Pleks-Pacioretty and Galchy. Keep the DD line together as your 2nd. And then makes the bottom 2 lines as bottom 2 lines with Eller on C. Easier to fill those lines with fillers than to replace a Gallagher with an Holloway.

You aren't going to replace Gallagher with anyone, since no one else on the team plays the way he does. Habs have the luxury to try Holloway on that line as opposed to pretty much sacrificing a line to Eller and AHL call-ups.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

... You absolutely have a choice, and I don't see how it's any easier to put Galchenyuk back on the wing than it would be to patch up the first line momentarily.

Actually, I'm pretty sure moving back Galchenyuk on the wing is as far as it gets from the optimal solution.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

He said he told Pleks not to pass him the puck anymore for empty netters. He doesn't like that. Then he said he didn't deserve that goal tonight (he looked rather serious too when he said it).

Lmfao. Awesome. Now not only does he not smile, he doesn't even want to score. :laugh:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

He should probably stop reading what the *******s on HFboards write about it;)

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

Pretty funny.

He was laughing a bit too.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
At least a month for a simple fracture but the fact that he needs surgery means it's more serious. My guess is 2 months.

Thanks

Wow so were looking at some time in late January.

Time for all the players to dig deep and plays as big as Gallagher does.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
... You absolutely have a choice, and I don't see how it's any easier to put Galchenyuk back on the wing than it would be to patch up the first line momentarily.

Actually, I'm pretty sure moving back Galchenyuk on the wing is as far as it gets to the optimal solution.

It totally is as it means more icetime for a guy who works incredibly hard right now and yet does not get the icetime he deserves.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
It will suck to lose Gally for a while. I thought he was our best forward so far this season. Going forward he'll have to learn to properly block shots. A few games ago he blocked one with his foot and was screaming in pain afterwards making me think he may have injured himself there too.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

Haven't seen him smile in his last 4-5 goals. Don't know what the **** is wrong with him. He wants to challenge Toews for captain serious or what.

Lmfao. Awesome. Now not only does he not smile, he doesn't even want to score. :laugh:

Grumpy Cap :sarcasm:

CUd1PfxUYAMdj3P.png

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It totally is as it means more icetime for a guy who works incredibly hard right now and yet does not get the icetime he deserves.
I would be surprised if they moved Galch back to the wing just as he's starting to look better again and more comfortable at center.
They called up Bud, use him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad