Confirmed with Link: Kindl traded to Florida for 6th Round Pick in 2017 (15% Retained)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Some Florida fans think he's top 4. Some think he will be decent at dfence and ofence. They are in for a surprise

He has offensive talent. Kindl is going to be a ringer in alumni games where he doesn't need to worry about getting hit. When he isn't busy fearing physical contact he looks useful at times... Problem is he plays hockey so that whole fearing physical contact is kind of a big deal.:cry::laugh:

Glad we have unloaded him, a little unhappy it is in division in all honesty because we did see even if it was only for 48 games what Kindl is capable of when he wants something. In that case it was money, in this case it will be against us. Was pretty good against Toronto because he hates Babcock, I expect him to play well whenever we roll into town. Was well liked by his teammates so I do hope he figures something out, seems like a solid dude I just really soured on his aversion to physical hockey. The moment Kindl was dead to me was the Callahan play on the PP earlier this year, I never wanted to see him in a Wings sweater again from that moment on, it was the last straw for me.

Should be interesting with as sour as the Panthers still are over the Abdelkader hit what Hudler and Kindl say when the mob is forming before our next game.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, that's my point. This isn't one of those contracts that was bad immediately, Kindl made it bad by regressing hard.

Anything south of $3 million is a bargain for a defender that you can count on to keep pucks out or put pucks in. Either one, really. So of course when a largish, offensively gifted defender signs a cheap extended contract we're going to be optimistic about it.

Worst case scenario he burned around 3-4% of the cap. Not a hamstring unless you bundle it with a handful of other likewise deals that force the issue.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Some of the guys claimed off waivers today aren't much worse, so props to Holland for getting something outta this.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Anything south of $3 million is a bargain for a defender that you can count on to keep pucks out or put pucks in. Either one, really. So of course when a largish, offensively gifted defender signs a cheap extended contract we're going to be optimistic about it.

Worst case scenario he burned around 3-4% of the cap. Not a hamstring unless you bundle it with a handful of other likewise deals that force the issue.

Kindl's deal was never really bad if you ask me. It was only a problem because the Wings have so many middling defenseman and 4/6 of them were impending or current UFA signings (read: expensive). Kindl is still a great #6 if you have appropriate depth up the chart and he can be a solid #5 on some nights.

If there wasn't so much parity in the NHL and so many teams with cap troubles, he could've been moved a lot sooner.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Kindl's deal was never really bad if you ask me. It was only a problem because the Wings have so many middling defenseman and 4/6 of them were impending or current UFA signings (read: expensive). Kindl is still a great #6 if you have appropriate depth up the chart and he can be a solid #5 on some nights.

If there wasn't so much parity in the NHL and so many teams with cap troubles, he could've been moved a lot sooner.

It wasn't crippling, but $2.4 million a year for a defenseman who couldn't hold a roster spot isn't great.

The most games he ever played in a season was 66. And it wasn't due to injuries over the years. It's because two different coaches thought he wasn't good enough to be on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad