Confirmed with Link: Kindl traded to Florida for 6th Round Pick in 2017 (15% Retained)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Moving Kindl to FLA: 15% of his salary
Never seeing Kindl in a Wings jersey again: Priceless.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Nope hopefully trading Tatar for Vatanen at the draft, Or hopefully Chevy realizes that Trouba will want to much and trades him to Detroit for Nyquist+Helm+Detroit's 2016 1st round pick. I know the Trouba deal is a major pipe dream but one can wish.

Helm's a Free agent after the season

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
"The biggest thing is it clears $2 million of cap space heading into the summer, when I got a number of restricted free agents to sign," Holland said. "We'll see where the cap is and how active we can be (with unrestricted free agency)."

Asked if the move at least gives the team more flexibility heading into Monday's trade deadline, Holland said "Not in the least."

"If you want to make a deal, there's always ways to make a deal," Holland said. "My thinking as we head into Monday is cap space nothing to do with whether we make a deal. It has to do with where the Detroit Red Wings are.

"Given the age of some of the key players on our team we took a run at it last year (trading prospects and picks for Erik Cole and Marek Zidlicky). Right now, do I anticipate us doing anything? I don't know. I don't anticipate trading any top prospects or high draft picks."

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If Cole and Zidlicky was "taking a run" can't wait to see the conservative trade deadlines to come.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'd see if anyone wants Richards, ship him off for a 4th or something and call it a deadline. I'm not interested in seeing anyone added to the team.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'd see if anyone wants Richards, ship him off for a 4th or something and call it a deadline. I'm not interested in seeing anyone added to the team.

My thinking is Q and Helm for a 2nd and Richards for a 4th Doesn't matter even making the playoff with or without them we're still getting eliminated in round 1 so do those trades and stand pat.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

If we're only going off players listed in rumors, it's a pretty barren trade landscape for the Wings. Tyutin is basically your best option and he comes with 2 more years on his deal and all he does is replace Quincey at the same price.

My thinking is Q and Helm for a 2nd and Richards for a 4th Doesn't matter even making the playoff with or without them we're still getting eliminated in round 1 so do those trades and stand pat.

Wings won't sell UFAs in a playoff position. Wings are up at least 4 points with some games in hand over most teams. Can you imagine selling off Helm and Q only to miss the playoffs by a thin margin? Yeahhhhh. But hey, 2nd round pick?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If Cole and Zidlicky was "taking a run" can't wait to see the conservative trade deadlines to come.

I can't wait either. Standing pat will be the right decision here. We're not making a cup run. Don't send picks and prospects for guys even lamer than Cole and Zidlicky.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan

Holland won't take any short term risk that benefits the team in the long run. Even if that risk is negligible at best. The first round exit streak must continue. Going for the threepeat.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I can't wait either. Standing pat will be the right decision here. We're not making a cup run. Don't send picks and prospects for guys even lamer than Cole and Zidlicky.

Yes, that was a very tongue in cheek comment regarding the notion that adding those two is Holland's idea of loading a Cup team on the tail end of Z and D's career.

A quiet deadline is welcome this year. There's not much to be had. We'd all be singing a different story of a defender of consequence was available, but that hardly looks to be the case. Right now the Wings just need to focus on making the playoffs and then we can spend the off-season debating how to unload Howard and how much the Wings should be in on Stamkos and Staal.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Holland won't take any short term risk that benefits the team in the long run. Even if that risk is negligible at best. The first round exit streak must continue. Going for the threepeat.

Even you have to admit if the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs is something middling like a 3rd or 4th round pick, which honestly is the best case scenario for said assets, that's not much of an incentive.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

So what you're saying is that Holland is happy to keep the playoff streak alive even if it means another first round elimination. The sad part is this is the wrong approach to take and why this team will never be any good going forward until this philosophy is changed.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Its not like Helm or Richards are actually being of massive usefulness to this team. Realistically, losing either is unlikely to hurt the team too much at this point and might even spark some life into the team by injecting some young talent. Instead of Jurco and Pulkinnen sitting, they get to sit further up the chain than on the 4th.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So what you're saying is that Holland is happy to keep the playoff streak alive even if it means another first round elimination. The sad part is this is the wrong approach to take and why this team will never be any good going forward until this philosophy is changed.

If he's not buying at the deadline, I don't see the issue with making the playoffs.

Isn't that how you find out if your young players are actually good?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Its not like Helm or Richards are actually being of massive usefulness to this team.

And yet the 2nd round picks flow in like wine for them?

The debate here is selling off roster players when the team is in a playoff fight for a 4th round pick. And somehow Holland is screwing up the future of the franchise by holding firm with Helm. Man, I'm annoyed with Holland sometimes, too, but this is a reach. It's downright nitpicky.

Also, based on the rest of your post, you suggest the Wings might actually IMPROVE by moving them. So wouldn't keeping the anchors of Richards, who is just so bad, actually move the team closer to elimination and subsequently result in a better 1st round draft pick and more dramatic changes once the streak is broken?

I just can't follow the logic down this yellow brick road, but maybe it's because the wizard didn't gift me that brain I've been asking for.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
KH will not trade helm or richards, two veterans, for draft picks at the TDL when detroit is in or close to being in a playoff spot

making the playoffs is more important

that said, i agree with him, trading top prospects or high picks for ufa old bums is a lousy idea at this point for us

however, NOT A CHANCE KH trades a roster player of value this summer for a roster player of value to fix or help fix the dcorps(vatanen, trouba, et al) forget about it

that saved 2 million ALL goes to darren helm

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If he's not buying at the deadline, I don't see the issue with making the playoffs.

Isn't that how you find out if your young players are actually good?

This team is under performing pretty bad, Tatar Nyquist all way down compared to a year ago. Possibly other then Abby all are way down this year compared to last year in scoring this team is struggling to score we will be lucky to hit 200 goals this year. The only reason why we're even in it is because of the early play of Larkin and because of the stellar Goaltending of Mrazek. I'm for standing pat if it benefits the team and gives the youngsters a chance to shine. But right now it's not looking good. I guess we've just gotten far to spoiled from the Wings glory days i guess.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Its not like Helm or Richards are actually being of massive usefulness to this team. Realistically, losing either is unlikely to hurt the team too much at this point and might even spark some life into the team by injecting some young talent. Instead of Jurco and Pulkinnen sitting, they get to sit further up the chain than on the 4th.
Richards was basically a trade-deadline acquisition that was made in the summer instead (saving us having to give up picks/prospects), he was signed in large part because he can be a help in the playoffs. Not a big fan of his play, but doesn't make sense to move him.

And Helm is probably one of our most useful players this year. One of the guys that play with the most effort, great on the PK, and he's always been good in the playoffs.

Keep 'em.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
And yet the 2nd round picks flow in like wine for them?

I never said 2nd round picks. Any picks for them would be good as they are likely both gone at seasons end for nothing. Someone may have some value for them. Especially Helm. But we dont need them to make play-offs and they arent the difference between us going deep and not going at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad