Confirmed with Link: Kindl traded to Florida for 6th Round Pick in 2017 (15% Retained)

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Its not like Helm or Richards are actually being of massive usefulness to this team. Realistically, losing either is unlikely to hurt the team too much at this point and might even spark some life into the team by injecting some young talent. Instead of Jurco and Pulkinnen sitting, they get to sit further up the chain than on the 4th.

That's the way I look at it too. Give more ice time guys like AA, Jurco, Sheahan, etc. and see where it goes. It's not going to be a loss of any offense.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Nice got a late rounder for like 350k next season more or less given that 3/4 of salary has been paid out this year. Nicwe job creating a roster spot and some cap room next year.

Only two people I am interested in this years ufa is Van defender or Boston forward.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
CKHnySL.gif

This is just priceless

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Even you have to admit if the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs is something middling like a 3rd or 4th round pick, which honestly is the best case scenario for said assets, that's not much of an incentive.

I get what you're saying, but if the Wings aren't going to use trades to acquire pieces they need, it puts an even bigger premium on draft picks. I will take all the extra picks i can get. And if it costs you redundant players who are 35+, i'm fine with it.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
YES!!!!! Happy to see him go some place else. Both to get him off of our roster and for him to get a 2nd shot at development.

Next up....Brendan Smith.

I heard Smitty was a healthy scratch after hearing about Kindl. Made me wonder if something was in the works or if Smitty was just resuming his spot in the doghouse.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I heard Smitty was a healthy scratch after hearing about Kindl. Made me wonder if something was in the works or if Smitty was just resuming his spot in the doghouse.

I know i was wonder myself, With Ericsson coming back i figured with Marchenko playing good that Smith would be the odd man out. But then when one of the guys said that Smith was being shopped made me wonder if Holland is trying to move him. I guess we will know in a day or two what happens to him.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
VyHh7Gz.png

Seems to be a nice guy and I know he was well liked on team. Hope he can stick with the Panthers :) Maybe they can get him to live up to his potential.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
VyHh7Gz.png

Seems to be a nice guy and I know he was well liked on team. Hope he can stick with the Panthers :) Maybe they can get him to live up to his potential.

Yep, hope he can stick with Florida. Don't wish him any ill will but I couldn't stand his style of play.

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007

Smith is also on the trade block, reported today by Travis Yost (not sure how reliable he is). Getting rid of Smith and Kindl in the same weekend would be amazing.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
"Shut down Dman" ha!

They must have looked at his stats and figured because he doesn't put up points he must be good at defense. Boy, are they in for a surprise.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Good trade for unserviceable Dman with dumb contract. I don't how Holland gave him that contract..

Holland's given out a lot of bad contracts that were clearly terrible on the onset of their signing(CC, Howard, Abdelkader, Ericsson), but sometimes a potential good contract just backfires, like Kindl and Weiss. Kindl had come off a promising season that made it seem like that he could still develop into a middle pairing guy. Unfortunately, he took a huge nosedive afterwards. This one can't really be pinned on Kenny.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
"Shut down Dman" ha!

They must have looked at his stats and figured because he doesn't put up points he must be good at defense. Boy, are they in for a surprise.

The only thing Kindl is good at is generating offense. His P/60 is up there.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
"Shut down Dman" ha!

Some Florida fans think he's top 4. Some think he will be decent at dfence and ofence. They are in for a surprise

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not gonna miss him putting out the parachute into corners. I hope if they trade Smith its for something decent because hes been their best dman this season based on the advanced stats

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Yeah, that's my point. This isn't one of those contracts that was bad immediately, Kindl made it bad by regressing hard.

This is true. I believe I said in that thread that I thought the contract was a little too big, in both salary and term, but that I could live with it because A) Kindl still had a chance to progress, and B) after Kronwall, we had no other defensemen who had reasonable offensive skill at that time.

Well, Kindl regressed, and Dekeyser ended up showing more offense/puck-moving ability than many expected (and then we later added Green), so the contract quickly went from not-good-but-acceptable to horrible. End of story.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Three years ago Kindl looked like he may have some upside. He didn't and actually regressed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad