Confirmed with Link: Kimmo Timonen traded to Chicago for 2015 2nd, conditional 2016 pick

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't remember Eric being as good offensively as Timonen (though it's close), but I remember him being better defensively. It's a really close thing, I don't think I'd fault anybody for having one over the other.

Pronger/Howe, that's interesting. I'd go with Howe as well. He had far more impact considering he played a lot longer than Pronger did with Philly. And Howe at his best in Philly, from the games I've watched, was something to behold. I've only seen a fairly small number of those games but Howe struck me as being better than Pronger when he was a Flyer, chiefly because his skating was incredible. The Flyers could look like two totally different teams when he was on the ice vs when he was off. Of course, my frame of reference is small for Howe though, so it's not terribly reliable. But in those games he's easily one of the best players I've watched in the O&B. I'd put him in Clarke/Bernie/Lindros territory, but a step below them. His stat line from 85-86 is stupid-good.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not rubbing it in, I promise, but figured that at least one name would be worthwhile to see:

CP6Jye3WUAA2qOF.jpg

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I like that JVR's undrafted bother's name is on the cup and his isn't.

I like that we could be...

vanRiemsdyk - Giroux - Voracek
Gagner - Couturier - Simmonds
Read - Laughton - Schenn
Raffl - Belemare - Umberger

...with Konecky, Cousins, and Aube-Kubel on the way.

Causality be damned!

Honestly, I don't know if I'd trade TVR for LSchenn.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

**** if that isn't the most frustrating thing to go down in the last decade of Flyerdom.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Nah, the Pronger injury is worse.

If you wanna go with things the Flyers could control then the Sharp trade is also worse; Sharp > JVR, LSchenn > Ellison.

Or MFL's Finals meltdown and the fact Lavi didn't replace him with Boucher after he **** the bed in the first two games.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Nah, the Pronger injury is worse.

If you wanna go with things the Flyers could control then the Sharp trade is also worse; Sharp > JVR, LSchenn > Ellison.

Or MFL's Finals meltdown and the fact Lavi didn't replace him with Boucher after he **** the bed in the first two games.

God, there really is a ton of **** to be miserable about isn't there?

But Timonen and Gagne are both on the Cup, so there's at least that tiny solace.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
God, there really is a ton of **** to be miserable about isn't there?

But Timonen and Gagne are both on the Cup, so there's at least that tiny solace.

So are Richards, Carter, Sharp, Brind'Amour, Recchi, and Justin Williams, all multiple times and with different teams sans Brindy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Should be noted my fear of the cap penalty with regard to his bonus did infact happen

LTIR didn't cover his bonus hit so Hawks have 750k in dead cap space as a result of Timonen's bonus

Happy for guy winning cup but man is this deal brutal for Hawks overall

Anything that hurts you this season is fine by me.
That second round pick sure looks good. :yo:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Anything that hurts you this season is fine by me.
That second round pick sure looks good. :yo:

Don't forget we used their 2015 2nd round pick along with Tampa Bays 1st round pick to trade up for Travis Konecny :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad