Confirmed with Link: Kimmo Timonen traded to Chicago for 2015 2nd, conditional 2016 pick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=755550

With Timonen finally game ready after more than a week of skating alone and then a week of practice, Hextall and Bowman struck a deal at 6:30 Thursday night that was announced Friday evening after the sides worked "through a few things between then and now."

Three days before the NHL's March 2 trade deadline, Timonen was dealt to the Blackhawks for a 2015 second-round draft pick and a 2016 conditional fourth-round pick that can become a third or second.

"I can tell you this," Hextall said in a conference call. "Kimmo did not have a no-trade clause in his contract, but if he wouldn't have been amicable to be traded, we would not have traded him. He's meant too much to the organization to trade him if it was against his wishes"

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2015/02/flyers_gm_ron_hextall_gave_kimmo_timonen_option_to.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Flyguy called it. Well done.

Pretty sad to see him go but I'm really happy he'll have a chance to win a cup, gonna be rooting for the Blackhawks for sure.

MadFerIt95*

But we couldnt just let him play one ****ing game?!?!?!?!? ****ing *****

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
It really sucks we won't see him play for the Flyers again. I'd do anything to see him play for us tomorrow night/one last time.

RJ8812*

was really hoping we would get to see him play one last game for the Flyers before we shipped him out

That's a great return though. LOL at all the other fans that said we would be lucky to get a late round pick for him

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
That's a pretty good return for him. Sad to see him go. I'd like to see him back with the organization doing something after this season

MadFerIt95*

Well I cant say Im disappointed with the return, we absolutely needed a 2nd round pick. AM interested to see what the conditional pick is...

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
I really hope we bring him back on a one day contract afterward.

Godspeed, Kimmo. Good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad