Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
I just signed up for the free one month of Crave with a plan to binge watch every season of Letterkenny and all the specials. I have seen Letterkenny Problems on Youtube but I have never actually watched the series. And now I feel dumb for probably being the only semi-regular on this forum who did not know that Dylan Playfair who plays Riley of Riley and Jonesy fame is Jim Playfair's son.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Greys Anatomy is one of the worst shows ever created on television.

I can't believe it has been on the air for like 15+ years. That's almost longer than the Oilers' decade of darkness.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hope everyone is staying sane thus far. I know for the extroverted and outgoing this can be a troubling time.

Here's a list of some stuff I've been up to since quarantine. Not that I was necessarily an outgoing, busy, active person to begin with -- I've always been introverted and I imagine a large number of people who decide to post religiously on an online forum to be as well.

movies/TV:

Pierrot Le Fou, Breathless, Contempt (the trifecta of Godard's best IMO)
Mirror (Tarkovsky)
Haunting of Hill House
Tiger King

I went back in time and binged through the Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games series ... I know they are a bit campy but I still love them! Planning on checking out Ozark and a few of the other Netflix series since my internet here at my parents is way too bad to use 3rd party streaming sites reliably.

Video Games:

Apex Legends (played this 10+ hours a day for the first week, got bored of it)
Oldschool Runescape (Still playing this numerous hours a day. Easy to play and feel a sense of achievement towards something while binging a TV show etc. Low concentration required).

Literature:

Wittgenstein's philosophical investigations (majored in philo but am only now getting into Logic properly -- IMO the most exciting field of philo)
Stoner - John Williams (this crushed me)
Blood Meridian - Cormack McCarthy (never got into westerns, but this was an exception. So hilarious and exciting)
Candide - Voltaire (re-read. Only novel to make me cry with laughter)

Music:

Empty Country (sort of rock / indie / I don't know, always bad at describing music)
Big Thief (indie rock - for my money the best rock band on the planet. The chick's voice is wicked)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I've taken a real liking to the scam-bait videos on YT where they call back the overseas scammers and waste their time-often hours (the videos are condensed shorter) on the phone. One guy is good enough to actually get in the scammers PC and delete all their files off their computer while they're pre-occupied trying to scam him working on his "fake" computer.

This guy though is just straight up hilarious. He does e-mail scam baiting and the shenanigans he goes through to twaste their time through e-mail is pretty damn funny. This is one of his videos:

These are definitely a time-waster but on the flip side are very educational as well as most of the scam baiters go off-mic with the call in ones and explain what the scammer is doing if it were being done on a real victim.

It's crazy the lengths these assholes go to defraud people, especially the elderly (one Youtuber by the name of "Kitboga" does several personalities, an elderly grandma is one of them).

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Video Games:

Oldschool Runescape (Still playing this numerous hours a day. Easy to play and feel a sense of achievement towards something while binging a TV show etc. Low concentration required).

Dude...are you me? It's been DBZ Kakarot, Apex, FIFA and now OSRS

Nailed it.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hope everyone is staying sane thus far. I know for the extroverted and outgoing this can be a troubling time.

Here's a list of some stuff I've been up to since quarantine. Not that I was necessarily an outgoing, busy, active person to begin with -- I've always been introverted and I imagine a large number of people who decide to post religiously on an online forum to be as well.

movies/TV:

Pierrot Le Fou, Breathless, Contempt (the trifecta of Godard's best IMO)
Mirror (Tarkovsky)
Haunting of Hill House
Tiger King

I went back in time and binged through the Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games series ... I know they are a bit campy but I still love them! Planning on checking out Ozark and a few of the other Netflix series since my internet here at my parents is way too bad to use 3rd party streaming sites reliably.

Video Games:

Literature:

Wittgenstein's philosophical investigations (majored in philo but am only now getting into Logic properly -- IMO the most exciting field of philo)
Stoner - John Williams (this crushed me)
Blood Meridian - Cormack McCarthy (never got into westerns, but this was an exception. So hilarious and exciting)
Candide - Voltaire (re-read. Only novel to make me cry with laughter)

Music:

Empty Country (sort of rock / indie / I don't know, always bad at describing music)
Big Thief (indie rock - for my money the best rock band on the planet. The chick's voice is wicked)

I could just copy this video game summary.

I play OSRS too much.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
If you like war movies then rent 1917 if you haven't seen it yet. It's a fantastic film! One of my new favorites.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Here's a small list of some that i've liked:

Animal Kingdom
Locke and Key
Vikings
Blacklist
TWD
Santa Clarita Diet
iZombie