Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I second this, I've watched this quite a bit.

Very interesting and gets the mind thinking on what actually happened.

I think he made it to argentina.

If you're into WWII history, History Channel's "Hunting Hitler" is pretty incredible.

Even if you're not into that kind of history, it's still a very good series. It really makes you question the history books if Hitler died in the bunker or if he escaped. I personally think he escaped.

He absolutely 100% died and part of his skullcap is in Russia. I cannot remember the name of the book but it is well documented and the book was made into a tv documentary. I read the book about a decade ago.

FuhrerBegleitKommando (Hitlers personal bodyguard detachment) and one of the last people to leave the Fuhrerbunker SS Oberscharfuhrer Rochus Misch, Hitlers personal adjutant SS Obersturmfuhrer Otto Gunsch, Hitlers personal valet SS Obersturmbahnfuhrer Heinz Linge along with one of Hitlers personal secretaries Traudl Junge all bore witness to his body along with Eva Braun’s. Gunsch and Linge burned their bodies in the courtyard.

This is all well documented in post war interviews.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He absolutely 100% died and part of his skullcap is in Russia. I cannot remember the name of the book but it is well documented and the book was made into a tv documentary. I read the book about a decade ago.

FuhrerBegleitKommando (Hitlers personal bodyguard detachment) and one of the last people to leave the Fuhrerbunker SS Oberscharfuhrer Rochus Misch, Hitlers personal adjutant SS Obersturmfuhrer Otto Gunsch, Hitlers personal valet SS Obersturmbahnfuhrer Heinz Linge along with one of Hitlers personal secretaries Traudl Junge all bore witness to his body along with Eva Braun’s. Gunsch and Linge burned their bodies in the courtyard.

This is all well documented in post war interviews.

The series ended in 2018 so I didn't follow up much more on it since. It seems after the final season aired or right before it concluded, it was released a jawbone along with a few teeth were kept under Russian lock and key came to light and that is the smoking gun in a French study as the Russians also got the dental records. As much as I love a good conspiracy theory, it's pretty hard to debate against dental records. The skull cap though is currently undecided...sounds like one group said it was from a female.

Regardless, the series was and is very interesting to watch. They uncovered lots of German Nazi artifacts in areas where there shouldn't have been, like in a jungle. If not Hitler, then many of his high ranking officers did make their escape to South America.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The series ended in 2018 so I didn't follow up much more on it since. It seems after the final season aired or right before it concluded, it was released a jawbone along with a few teeth were kept under Russian lock and key came to light and that is the smoking gun in a French study as the Russians also got the dental records. As much as I love a good conspiracy theory, it's pretty hard to debate against dental records. The skull cap though is currently undecided...sounds like one group said it was from a female.

Regardless, the series was and is very interesting to watch. They uncovered lots of German Nazi artifacts in areas where there shouldn't have been, like in a jungle. If not Hitler, than many of his high ranking officers did make their escape to South America.

There is no question many Nazi’s made their way to South America post war under the auspicious of the ODESSA, an organization ran by former high ranking members of the SS which was well funded from the spoils of war.

The skull cap is Hitlers as there is clear and traceable provenance on it. When the Russians recovered the body they immediately went and apprehended his dentist to get his dental records as you say. There is no question he died and the evidence is clear and without refute.

I liken the shows about the possibilities of him surviving post war to 911 conspiracies, flat earthers and Elvis is alive theorists.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
There is no question many Nazi’s made their way to South America post war under the auspicious of the ODESSA, an organization ran by former high ranking members of the SS which was well funded from the spoils of war.

The skull cap is Hitlers as there is clear and traceable provenance on it. When the Russians recovered the body they immediately went and apprehended his dentist to get his dental records as you say. There is no question he died and the evidence is clear and without refute.

I liken the shows about the possibilities of him surviving post war to 911 conspiracies, flat earthers and Elvis is alive theorists.

I look at things like a murder case...if you can compare dental records, that's as good as DNA in my opinion. As I said, I didn't follow up on it since and didn't know they even had teeth, let alone examined the dental records and false teeth he had. It also answers why they were working on a Season 4 but it came to a crashing halt :laugh:. Was the skull cap examined for DNA? My quick (and I emphasize the word "quick") search this morning sounds like the Russians have said "You can look but you can't touch". Either way, the dental records alone are enough to squash that theory.

I don't buy into the Elvis is alive or the Americans were behind their own terrorist plot type stuff either but until your post this morning and I read it for myself, I always entertained the Hitler escape as "plausible".

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I look at things like a murder case...if you can compare dental records, that's as good as DNA in my opinion. As I said, I didn't follow up on it since and didn't know they even had teeth, let alone examined the dental records and false teeth he had. It also answers why they were working on a Season 4 but it came to a crashing halt :laugh:. Was the skull cap examined for DNA? My quick (and I emphasize the word "quick") search this morning sounds like the Russians have said "You can look but you can't touch". Either way, the dental records alone are enough to squash that theory.

I don't buy into the Elvis is alive or the Americans were behind their own terrorist plot type stuff either but until your post this morning and I read it for myself, I always entertained the Hitler escape as "plausible".

The skull cap IIRC was examined in detail and provenance records researched in depth by a British source when it was accidentally found in the archival records in Moscow and found to be the real McCoy.

It’s been a while since I read the book and watched the documentary so I might be foggy on some details.

The post war interviews with those SS men and his personal secretary are well documented. Gunsch was given his orders by Hitler personally to not let his body fall into Russian hands and his valet Linge supplied the gasoline Gunsch used to burn the bodies.

I’ve stood on the exact spot of the Fuhrerbunker entryway courtyard where Gunsch burned the bodies which is now an apartment parking parking lot near the Brandenburg Gate. It’s an interesting study to be sure.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The skull cap IIRC was examined in detail and provenance records researched in depth by a British source when it was accidentally found in the archival records in Moscow and found to be the real McCoy.

It’s been a while since I read the book and watched the documentary so I might be foggy on some details.

The post war interviews with those SS men and his personal secretary and well documented. Gunsch was given his orders by Hitler personally to not let his body fall into Russian hands and his valet Linge supplied the gasoline Gunsch used to burn the bodies.

I’ve stood on the exact spot of the Fuhrerbunker entryway courtyard where Gunsch burned the bodies which is now an apartment parking parking lot near the Brandenburg Gate. It’s an interesting study to be sure.

Yeah, that would be an interesting read. I'd love to travel and see some of these historical sites. A very good friend of mine has been to Vimy Ridge and Normandy. Another former colleague of mine married a girl from Germany. He took a tour of the Eagle's Nest.

Reactions: KenLinsemanFanClub

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

The post war interviews with those SS men and his personal secretary are well documented. Gunsch was given his orders by Hitler personally to not let his body fall into Russian hands and his valet Linge supplied the gasoline Gunsch used to burn the bodies.

Here's the spot.

Hitler-s-grave-is-now-a-car-park-633088.jpg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Here's the spot.

Hitler-s-grave-is-now-a-car-park-633088.jpg

Yup. The area to the left is where the bunker and Reichskanzlei was. The bunker is still underground, the Russians tried to blow it up and excavate it but it was too strong. A lot of the upper roof collapsed so they just buried it and it was an unmarked car park until it was discovered with sounding equipment found the massive cavity below the car park.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah, that would be an interesting read. I'd love to travel and see some of these historical sites. A very good friend of mine has been to Vimy Ridge and Normandy. Another former colleague of mine married a girl from Germany. He took a tour of the Eagle's Nest.

WW1, WW2 and the history of the Holocaust is a passion of mine. I have been fortunate to have visited nearly every major battlefield of WW1 and WW2 on the western front and some on the Eastern front as well as toured many of the sites in Germany such as Berlin, Nuremburg, Munich etc. I take friends and relatives on tours of the WW1 Canadian battlefields when I am over there and with a son who lives in Belgium I spend a ton of time there in spring and fall.

The concentration camps in Europe and the death camps in Poland are particularly sobering and if you ever get a chance to visit one I would strongly encourage it. In Germany touring them are part of the education system. I wish they did that here so the memory of what happened does not fade or get altered by revisionist historians.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Ben Affleck’s movie The Way Back is on VOD now. It was in theatres a couple weeks ago. Outstanding film. 83% on rotten tomatoes

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Also, give Mr. Robot a watch. It’s on Amazon Prime. 4 seasons. First 3 seasons are on there. Season 4, the final and best season, you’ll have to download. This is one of the most thought provoking, mind boggling and amazing shows I’ve ever seen. I’m surprised Ramon Malek didn’t get an award for any of this

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I don’t own many Blu ray / DVD movies...but I felt like watching 12 Monkeys last night and sure enuff...not there.

Being such a generous friend I lend it out to some monkey and never got it back...oh well at least it’s on Amazon prime :skeptic:

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Noice.

I havnt even gotten there.....I just got the hand AIDS but looking fer a choice area for my deep base,

Sweet, you going thermal? I put one inside the great crater and another at the Junction. The junction one is just a single room with a nuclear reactor and battery chargers though, nothing fancy.

For the one in the crater, I shot 15 sections of tube straight up and then put an observatory on top so it peeks out the top the crater surface :)

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Sweet, you going thermal? I put one inside the great crater and another at the Junction. The junction one is just a single room with a nuclear reactor and battery chargers though, nothing fancy.

For the one in the crater, I shot 15 sections of tube straight up and then put an observatory on top so it peeks out the top the crater surface :)

I enjoy your bravado

Reactions: Wretched Oil

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Also, give Mr. Robot a watch. It’s on Amazon Prime. 4 seasons. First 3 seasons are on there. Season 4, the final and best season, you’ll have to download. This is one of the most thought provoking, mind boggling and amazing shows I’ve ever seen. I’m surprised Ramon Malek didn’t get an award for any of this

Someone else suggested that series earlier. I told the wife about it, neither of us are techies but still really enjoyed the series premier episode. We will definitely keep watching.

Reactions: KYams17

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Someone else suggested that series earlier. I told the wife about it, neither of us are techies but still really enjoyed the series premier episode. We will definitely keep watching.

Yeah its got hacking and stuff but it's not really 100% about that. You'll see. Keep on watching :thumbu:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Have some time now to finish off some series we started way back when, continue some now and maybe try a new one. Still to complete..Dexter, Deadwood, Sons of Anarchy. Currently watching...Outlander. Would like to see The man in the High Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->