Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
If you're a sports fan and you're not watching SBNation on YouTube, you're doing yourself a disservice. If you want shorter videos, they do wonderful stuff on wierd rules, beef between players, bizarre and nearly impossible occurances during games, and a host of other topics, all at an extremely high level of quality.

The real gem of the channel, however, is their feature length documenteries that absolutely blow the doors off of any original sporting content I've ever seen. Last year, they did a 90-ish minute feature on the rise and disappearence of athletes named Bob in professional sports, and despite being the most benign and boring-seeming idea ever, it was astoundingly fascinating. They just released the first of a six-part series on the sheer, uttery weirdness that is the existence of the Seattle Mariners, and despite not giving a hoot about baseball, it was quality programming that I highly recommend.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Its like Vegas at my place. Losing money by the minute, cocktails at any hour and nobody knows what time it is.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I bought a bottle of Jose Cuervo and Espolon Blanco a few weeks ago in case of zombies. Then zombies occured so bottoms up this weekend.

Nice! I’m partial to Don Julio Reposado and Patron Anejo. Let the zombies come.

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Yeah, that would be an interesting read. I'd love to travel and see some of these historical sites. A very good friend of mine has been to Vimy Ridge and Normandy. Another former colleague of mine married a girl from Germany. He took a tour of the Eagle's Nest.

Vimy Ridge is a very moving place. Was there last September and it felt like a pilgrimage. Every Canadian should go if they possibly can.

Also toured the Eagles Nest. The highlight is the views when you climb up above the building. You can see the Konigsee and you get spectacular views of the German and Austrian alps. The building itself is mostly a restaurant now.

upload_2020-3-29_14-56-41.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-29_14-56-7.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-29_14-56-7.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
If you want to spend 6 hours on something that plays like a car wreck (you can't look away) cue up The Tiger King on Netflix. A real piece of Americana if you hear what I'm saying.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Vimy Ridge is a very moving place. Was there last September and it felt like a pilgrimage. Every Canadian should go if they possibly can.

Also toured the Eagles Nest. The highlight is the views when you climb up above the building. You can see the Konigsee and you get spectacular views of the German and Austrian alps. The building itself is mostly a restaurant now.

View attachment 339678

Vimy is an amazing place. I have been many times but the most haunting was one winters day I took a drive there and was there by myself.

Not a single other person was there. A light snow had just fallen and the shell craters around the monument were all accented like I’ve never seen before when they were covered in the thick green grass. You could hear a pin drop, not a sound. It was quite surreal.

If anyone gets a chance I’d also recommend visiting Beaumont-Hamel on the Somme. It like Vimy and section of Juno Beach, is a Canadian National Park now gifted by the French to Canadians. It is an equally amazing and somber place.

In the opening battle of the Somme on July 1 1916 the Newfoundland Regiment was basically wiped out in a suicidal frontal attack in German lines in about 30 minutes. They suffered the most casualties of any Allied battalion in a single action in WW1.

The Newfoundland Regiment and the Battle of Beaumont-Hamel - Historical Sheets - First World War - History - Remembrance - Veterans Affairs Canada

Reactions: KenLinsemanFanClub

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
Carol definitely killed her husband. She can try to distract the public with all that p***y cat. But the tiger king ain't fooled..... say Tabor Tiger Kings 5 times in a row. Pandemics are a blast.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I watched Doctor Sleep (basically a sequel to the Shining, based on the Stephen King book) last night. Quite good honestly, better than I thought. Not for the kids though, definitely not.

I thought it was good. I mean its hard to add to a classic, a long ago classic, and get it right. Huge task and so many ways it could go wrong. We watched it 2nd time, directors cut with 40mins extra footage and it was better. You get a bit more story arc. But man, it grabs you from the start with the campground scene, so beautifully filmed.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I don’t own many Blu ray / DVD movies...but I felt like watching 12 Monkeys last night and sure enuff...not there.

Being such a generous friend I lend it out to some monkey and never got it back...oh well at least it’s on Amazon prime :skeptic:

Watched it the other day. The only stuff that hasn't aged well for me in that flick is the score. Madolyn Stowe is gorgeous.

I also checked out Take Shelter lately. It's quite good, as well.

Reactions: Moreaupheus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad