Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Speaking of wrestling debacles...

One wrestler I've always loved is Chris Jericho. This video shows how much he looks out for his opponents in the ring. At 0:48 seconds, Neville injures his ankle attempting a slide. At 1:23 you can hear him clearly ask the ref if he's okay but the ref allows the match to continue. At 1:29, Jericho tries to end the match seeing Neville is incapable of performing. He does a rollup to not use the injured ankle, with Neville seemingly going along with it but the ref slow counts to two and calls a kickout. Jericho loses his shit, shoves the ref yelling "he's hurt" to take the DQ and ends the match that way.

He's a damn good singer too. I love his band, Fozzy.

He is awesome!!! I’ve heard him sing a few times and he’s good and entertaining!

speaking of debacles. Sting as good and talented as he is, has had some odd matches a few times but this match in TNA takes the cake lmao

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Speaking of wrestling debacles...

One wrestler I've always loved is Chris Jericho. This video shows how much he looks out for his opponents in the ring. At 0:48 seconds, Neville injures his ankle attempting a slide. At 1:23 you can hear him clearly ask the ref if he's okay but the ref allows the match to continue. At 1:29, Jericho tries to end the match seeing Neville is incapable of performing. He does a rollup to not use the injured ankle, with Neville seemingly going along with it but the ref slow counts to two and calls a kickout. Jericho loses his shit, shoves the ref yelling "he's hurt" to take the DQ and ends the match that way.

He's a damn good singer too. I love his band, Fozzy.

I don’t even understand this match lmao. Took forever to get into.... and then.... did he actually pin him. If I waited all night for that main event I wokld not be happy.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don’t even understand this match lmao. Took forever to get into.... and then.... did he actually pin him. If I waited all night for that main event I wokld not be happy.

Jeff Hardy was higher than a kite as he's had substance abuse issues throughout his career. Sting knew he was not in a good place right away. The whole story is here:

Boom, pipe bomb, bitch. The Jeff Hardy incident.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
What a shit show. How can they even let the match happen. What if Jeff did something to seriously hurt Sting?

Yeah it could have been bad. I guess in the tie up at the start, Hardy cut his neck with his finger nail. If you go to YouTube and go to the comments section, a poster broke the whole situation down.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Anyone got any good sports books I should read?

I'm not much of a reader but if you like baseball and scandals, the movie "Eight Men Out" is based off a book of the same title which is supposed to be a good read. It's about the 1919 Chicago White Sox and the players who threw the World Series.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not much of a reader but if you like baseball and scandals, the movie "Eight Men Out" is based off a book of the same title which is supposed to be a good read. It's about the 1919 Chicago White Sox and the players who threw the World Series.
Oh ya the Arnold Rothstein special

Reactions: McFuhryous

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Here's a question about a search for a movie title that is driving me nuts.

It aired last year on the Starz channel on shaw cable.

A messed up ex-soldier comes to visit an old war buddy and his family in a small town. He stays with them for weeks.

Its an eerie story because the visitor is mentally deranged and he spooks and stalks the host's wife until she eventually asks her husband to throw him out. The story ends tragically because the soldier commits suicide on the bus as it pulls out of town.

Does anybody remember this one and what the title is? I believe it was a Canadian production.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Has anybody watched the series Space Force? Looks like a pretty solid cast but it’s billed as a comedy which has me doubting the writing.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Man oh man. :(

what’s he up to now? I watch AEW but not much wwe. I haven’t seen him around. He wrestling anywhere now?

Yeah he's back in WWE and back to his high flying crazy stunts. It's no wonder he was hooked on pain killers considering what he has put his body through.

I don't watch 'rasslin at all anymore but occasionally keep up with what's going on. All my favorites are getting up there in age now and I'm not a huge fan of the new wave of wrestlers. I was so happy Edge was able to return to wrestling and always liked the Hardy Boys.

Reactions: tardigrade81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad