Player Discussion: Kieffer Bellows *Waived - Claimed by Philadelphia Flyers*

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
i'd be ok with a mid/low tier 2nd liner especially considering he is growing into a bit of an enforcer out there. isn't that right Tony??

I do like the edge to his game. Sure, a low-mid tier 2nd liner is okay, but for a top-11 pick you'd like to see more of a dynamic scorer. This team sorely needs that, I suppose that highlights things.

Reactions: Mike C

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
i'd be ok with a mid/low tier 2nd liner especially considering he is growing into a bit of an enforcer out there. isn't that right Tony??
You makin' fun a me? Hey Dijak, I got another business arrangement for you . . .

• Haha
Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I do like the edge to his game. Sure, a low-mid tier 2nd liner is okay, but for a top-11 pick you'd like to see more of a dynamic scorer. This team sorely needs that, I suppose that highlights things.
Sooner or later the time will come where we will have to accept him for what he is. He may not be what was expected but still has value for what he does.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

Attachments

• 0524211958.jpg
    0524211958.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 1

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
I wouldn't mind if we did. I think with a couple years in the AHL to work on his skating and positioning he could be a middle 6 forward in the NHL. But the odds aren't crazy high so I also wouldn't be bummed if we didn't claim him.
Could maybe bring back Ho sang at the same time, poor isle’s fans have such a hard time to move on from their first round busts.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Four new voices in two years, one of them will work eventually
He’s hearing voices???

There’s the positive spin: former first rounder, new voice, new coach, yada, yada,

Haha, or not. 10 years ago, he may find a place. Now? Doubtful.
Grasping at straws. Throwing some manure on it hoping that something beautiful grows.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Could maybe bring back Ho sang at the same time, poor isle’s fans have such a hard time to move on from their first round busts.
Not sure how I could have made it more clear it wouldn't bum me out if we didn't bring him back than stating that I wouldn't be bummed if we didn't bring him back. But all right.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Not sure how I could have made it more clear it wouldn't bum me out if we didn't bring him back than stating that I wouldn't be bummed if we didn't bring him back. But all right.
i'd have taken him back....not as a pining for a 1st rounder gone awry hoping he finds himself, but as a cheap enough guy familiar with the team and system to fill in for the ancient players who can't and won't stay healthy for the long haul

looking at the roster where he's going, they have 2 guys in their mid 30s so at worst, Keifer will get tutelage on how to be a career hanger on

Last edited:
Reactions: Seph

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
i'd have taken him back....not as a pining for a 1st rounder gone awry hoping he finds himself, but as a cheap enough guy familiar with the team and system to fill in for the ancient players who can't and won't stay healthy for the long haul

looking at the roster where he's going, they have 2 guys in their mid 30s so at worst, Keifer will get tutelage on how to be a career hanger on
or aim higher, there are a lot of better options or someone who brings something different, maybe taking a chance on finding a good complementary guy (Bunting/Hyman/McCann/Bratt/Necas/Kempe/Lekhonen) - I don't know, I think the Islanders need to scour for upgrades where they can.

But this is lower-end tweaking.

i feel Lou is more of a big-game-hunting type.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
or aim higher, there are a lot of better options or someone who brings something different, maybe taking a chance on finding a good complementary guy (Bunting/Hyman/McCann/Bratt/Necas/Kempe/Lekhonen) - I don't know, I think the Islanders need to scour for upgrades where they can.

The time is now. These old guys won't last 82. The upgrades should have been gotten in off season

Hopefully Lane has some magic up his sleeve because this team in current form fragile to make playoffs

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
The time is now. These old guys won't last 82. The upgrades should have been gotten in off season

Hopefully Lane has some magic up his sleeve because this team in current form fragile to make playoffs
you seriously expecting a big move at the deadline? it's possible, there's cap space and surely someone will be available.

The Eichel move by Vegas was smart (and risky). We'd be wild-guess-pointless speculation at this stage, and frankly, the fans and media know SHIT anyway

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

I dont think anyone was saying they'd be interested in claiming Bellows for the purpose of him playing in the NHL, at least not without more seasoning in the AHL first. Claiming him wouldn't have precluded bringing in any of those guys you mention.

But he cleared anyway, so the point is moot.

Reactions: redbull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad