GDT: Kids playing tonight vs CHI (Oct 1) 8:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
You're darn right.

This board is becoming a real farce, an annoying place to talk "HOCKEY". Every single thread is turning into mud slaying/bashing of specific individuals. There is about a dozen of nasty posters- always the same - who had kidnapped this board and are working on their agendas to promote their favourites and mainly, trash some others + coaching staff. They don't ****ing care about the TEAM. Anyone can have a favourite player, but why trash another one ? They are all playing for the same TEAM, and they very possibly likes each other and are happy to play with each other.

I have a suggestion: real Montreal Canadiens fans - the TEAM - should not respond anymore to these morons when they are writing about DD, or Bouillon, or how Therrien must be an idiot... . They still don't understand that NO ONE loves these guys, - we can have some respect for what they have accomplished, and could repeat in the future - but at some point, they have to understand that we got the message, and it's time to turn the ****ing page and talk about the TEAM and its performances. ... But they keep going. They will keep playing in their own little sand box, make circles with their obsessions, keep trapped in their tunnel vision.

Where are the REAL Montreal Canadiens fans ?

All among us. It just appears that quite a few of them added the word "boy".

With all predictable consequences to follow.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The coaching staff have to play with the puzzle pieces (not all perfect) they have in their hands and make sure the team OVERALL is succesful. And that's the bottom line.

They got 100 points, went to Eastern Conference Finals. That's the bottom line. How they got there and with which combination they won is secondary. Every single NHL teams have "special" players who have serious shortcomings but can at least fit somewhere in the line up and be helpful and productive and good complement to some of their team mates. DD was not "given" a spot. he was "assigned" to a specific job.

As I wrote over and over, I'd rather have Getzlaf or Giroux as our first line center. It did not happen. So now, let's be patient, and a better centerman will emerge in a near future within the org, or will be acquired (but that's gonna cost a LOT.)

Quoted for truth and common sense.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The coaching staff have to play with the puzzle pieces (not all perfect) they have in their hands and make sure the team OVERALL is succesful. And that's the bottom line.

They got 100 points, went to Eastern Conference Finals. That's the bottom line. How they got there and with which combination they won is secondary. Every single NHL teams have "special" players who have serious shortcomings but can at least fit somewhere in the line up and be helpful and productive and good complement to some of their team mates. DD was not "given" a spot. he was "assigned" to a specific job.

As I wrote over and over, I'd rather have Getzlaf or Giroux as our first line center. It did not happen. So now, let's be patient, and a better centerman will emerge in a near future within the org, or will be acquired (but that's gonna cost a LOT.)

Not a valid argument The coach is unfortunately one of them... :help:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Not a valid argument The coach is unfortunately one of them... :help:

Haaaaa... The classical "coach doesnt see things like the great mind I am, so he inevitably sucks" argument.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
If people think the Canadiens could've done much better with Galchenyuk or Eller playing with Pacioretty, and had the potential to be much more than a 100 points team, it says a lot about their evaluation and knowledge of the league.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
If people think the Canadiens could've done much better with Galchenyuk or Eller playing with Pacioretty, and had the potential to be much more than a 100 points team, it says a lot about their evaluation and knowledge of the league.

Hey it worked on NHL 14 :laugh:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

How many other GMs would take DD over Galchenyuk on a one-year loan, with the proviso that they absolutely need to play either at Center? I suspect none.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Haaaaa... The classical "coach doesnt see things like the great mind I am, so he inevitably sucks" argument.

This particular coach has sucked ever since he left the junior ranks.
If it was soley my great mind I would defer, but the Habs front office previously, the Pens front office recently (in the run up to the cup no less) I swear I don't make this stuff up.

habitue*

This particular coach has sucked ever since he left the junior ranks.
If it was soley my great mind I would defer, but the Habs front office previously, the Pens front office recently (in the run up to the cup no less) I swear I don't make this stuff up.

Lots of morons as GMs in the NHL to have given a job to this guy, then

MT is as good or as bad as 90% of all NHL coaches with his strenghts and flaws. His win-lost record is what counts overall, like all the others.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
You're darn right.

This board is becoming a real farce, an annoying place to talk "HOCKEY". Every single thread is turning into mud slaying/bashing of specific individuals. There is about a dozen of nasty posters- always the same - who had kidnapped this board and are working on their agendas to promote their favourites and mainly, trash some others + coaching staff. They don't ****ing care about the TEAM. Anyone can have a favourite player, but why trash another one ? They are all playing for the same TEAM, and they very possibly likes each other and are happy to play with each other.

I have a suggestion: real Montreal Canadiens fans - the TEAM - should not respond anymore to these morons when they are writing about DD, or Bouillon, or how Therrien must be an idiot... . They still don't understand that NO ONE loves these guys, - we can have some respect for what they have accomplished, and could repeat in the future - but at some point, they have to understand that we got the message, and it's time to turn the ****ing page and talk about the TEAM and its performances. ... But they keep going. They will keep playing in their own little sand box, make circles with their obsessions, keep trapped in their tunnel vision.

Where are the REAL Montreal Canadiens fans ?

It's impossible...

'cause DD stole my lunch money and I can't think straight with an empty belly, I got yelled at by MT so hard that I soiled my underwears and Bouillon cubes ain't good I'd rather have some pea soup.

Analyzer*

I gotta go meet with a contractor and see if he'll work on the house, so I shouldn't miss any of the game!

habitue*

For this to happen, Galchenyuk and Beaulieu need giant years.

...Price, even more. right now, he,s the main reason why the Habs could reach the SC Finals. Lots of question marks elsewhere in the line up even with PK.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Line-up :

Bork – Eller – Sekac
DLR – Andrighetto – Thomas
Bournival – Prust – Weise
Bowman – Dowell – Dumont

Beaulieu – Gilbert
Tinordi – Pateryn
Drewiske – Dietz

Price
Tokarski

Oh and Lebrun is trolling he trashed Emelin and Gilbert and said our D is bad on TSN last friday.

Edit : Gotta love the angry fan boys

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Maybe he thinks Bergevin won't sit on his hands all year if our D does indeed suck at Christmas.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Line-up :

Bork – Eller – Sekac
Bowman – Dowell – Dumont

Beaulieu – Gilbert
Tinordi – Pateryn
Drewiske – Dietz

Price
Tokarski

Oh and Lebrun is trolling he trashed Emelin and Gilbert and said our D is bad on TSN last friday.

The East was wide open going into the playoffs last year. He's gotta pick somebody. Doesn't mean he thinks the Habs don't have weaknesses. But lucky for us we don't have to get through Anaheim/LA/SJ/St.Louis/Chicago to get there. Still, I think it bodes well for the Habs to be one of the better teams even in a weak division. Add a true impact player, or develop one or two more....

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

It's kind of ironic how you criticize people who are whining the same way they criticize the same players over and over again. You go after them every chance you got just like some go after specifics players every opportunity they have. It's also funny that you're so condescending about the people's knowledge yet fail to see that the team had a lot of trouble last year and that things could have been better (I'm not saying we're a 120 pts team, but we could of had the same or slightly better results without relying so much on Price, like we did in 12-13). Evaluation is more than just looking at numbers, even pro-stats people know that.

Also, I'm not saying there isn't some unnecessary whining here. There is. I even agree with most of what Habout said. It's just that this post was kinda ironic :laugh:

Koivu 11

Jul 23, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Line-up :

Bork – Eller – Sekac
Bowman – Dowell – Dumont

Beaulieu – Gilbert
Tinordi – Pateryn
Drewiske – Dietz

Price
Tokarski

Edit : Gotta love the angry fan boys

RDS says its emelin not gilbert along side beaulieu , gilbert not playing

Analyzer*

Bowman is given little to no chance to prove himself every game he's played.

Koivu 11

Jul 23, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Bowman is given little to no chance to prove himself every game he's played.

yet hes been decent, he tries hard out there , forechecks, hits, shoots, goes to the net, could be a decent 13/14th forward, better than a Dumont (sorry haters) and even Bournival depending on the opponent (bruins/flyers). never hurts to have a 4th line pot a couple goals off rebounds from going to the net. He essentially replaces Moen.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
yet hes been decent, he tries hard out there , forechecks, hits, shoots, goes to the net, could be a decent 13/14th forward, better than a Dumont (sorry haters) and even Bournival depending on the opponent (bruins/flyers). never hurts to have a 4th line pot a couple goals off rebounds from going to the net. He essentially replaces Moen.

Blunden pt 2: son of Blunden.

I just don't see it. I don't get replacing Moen with him, nor do I get taking Bournival out of the lineup if he makes the club.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Pateryn came to camp believing he is an NHL DMan. Chances are he gets cut or traded. Dietz is about to pass him on the depth chart. That Western hockey lad has solid upside, Pateryn has shown me squat beyond AHL Abilities.
Habs should keep Beaulieu and Tinordi, alternating them. Both would develop at NHL Paces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad