GDT: Kids playing tonight vs CHI (Oct 1) 8:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Come on guys we're usually much sharper than this.
This line up ties in directly with the Big News in the Works which is a MT thing and not a MB thing.
Lars Eller is in a dog-fight with DD for that 4th line C spot. We may see him with Prust Weise...

AG starts the season at C the signs are all there. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Cool DD in a dog fight with MM for 4th line duties...:laugh:

Doesn't matter.. We all know Therrien will stubbornly stick with the same lines even it they're not working unless of course Davey slumps.

Wow, even Franky Bouillon get's the night off with the veterans. That's bad news folks!

Damn folks it's a GDT, DD isn't even playing and you're already derailing it into yet another DD discussion ? Or is it a contest about who's going to come up with the dumbest joke in an attempt to blast anyone of MT, DD and Bouillon ?

'cause y'know, we could actually have a discussion about the hockey game and not two players that aren't even playing tonight. DAT OBSESSION. PRSEASN SRS BZNSS !!1!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Bummed I have to miss this :-(

But I will definitely be there 12/5 when we take on the Hawks. Also plan on seeing them on 12/3 vs the Wild.

Btw, any idea why Dowell getting such a long look?

I'll be right there Dec. 5 in Chicago at the United Center. I am psyched!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Doesn't matter.. We all know Therrien will stubbornly stick with the same lines even it they're not working unless of course Davey slumps.

That's not fair...
He let Davey Twist in the Wind about 15 games before he acted...
15 fn games after the initial 5 game slump...
Brilliant piece of head coaching skill.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hope Drewiske has a good game, he was solid against Colorado and having another good performance could hopefully mean we don't end up signing ****** Bouillon.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
I'll be right there Dec. 5 in Chicago at the United Center. I am psyched!

Nice! I have to get a new jersey, the only one I have is kovalev which was a gift from in-laws and funny because probably the last Hab I'd put on my jersey.

Anyway, may go old school with a 20 for Pete Mahovlich, loved him growing up

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I guess Therrien is just praying his lines work on the 8th...

Wasted last preseason playing rookies and stupid line combos... midway through the season he still couldn't come up with good stable lines aside from his top line.

Ruznak on 690 this aft, saying this was to be expected as in yesterday's scrum, Therrien mentioned they would get one last opportunity before cuts are announced.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Damn folks it's a GDT, DD isn't even playing and you're already derailing it into yet another DD discussion ? Or is it a contest about who's going to come up with the dumbest joke in an attempt to blast anyone of MT, DD and Bouillon ?

'cause y'know, we could actually have a discussion about the hockey game and not two players that aren't even playing tonight. DAT OBSESSION. PRSEASN SRS BZNSS !!1!

One man's humour is another mans trash? :nod:

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
By3ywnvCIAAdMHw.jpg

Not sure how Therrien comes up with these only anyway a week until the season starts :yo:

Last chance for the youngsters....

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Let it go man. Consider it the way it is; Pathetic.

Mad Habber

Jul 5, 2006
Bouillon isn't getting a contract. He's played 1 game so far. That should tell you something right there. Unless we lose 2 or 3 defensemen to injuries from now til the first week or two of the season, the next time you hear his name mentioned with the Montreal Canadiens will be to announce that the Habs have hired Bouillon in some other capacity, either front office, assistant coaching, or something to do with prospect development.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Bouillon isn't getting a contract. He's played 1 game so far. That should tell you something right there. Unless we lose 2 or 3 defensemen to injuries from now til the first week or two of the season, the next time you hear his name mentioned with the Montreal Canadiens will be to announce that the Habs have hired Bouillon in some other capacity, either front office, assistant coaching, or something to do with prospect development.

We already know what Frankie can't do.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Let it go man. Consider it the way it is; Pathetic.

I can't dude, I just can't.

I'll be a supporter 'till I die, I bleed bleu blanc rouge since I can remember (1986 I cried of joy, 1988 cried of sadness, 1993 cried of joy again), I will never accept that fans from my team can blast away at players that don't deserve it (DD finished 3rd in points on a pathetic offense, not his fault if team is deficient offensively), or MT as a coach that has that image of tough and stubborn SOB, yet has won everything in his career but a Stanley cup (and could've if he was kept by the Pens as we all know it was his system that bylsma inherited).

Also, on a side note, I think it's funny when poster(s) claiming he 'liked' Bouillon when he was younger, but thinks that now he's finished, was calling the Boo and Dandenault pairing 'Dandouillon' as if it's not pejorative and hateful (that's actually considered what is fun for them). They're like, but I ain't even hatin' dude Lolz high5. Yeah right, all that is consistent by the 'know it all' community for all these years following this team has been the belittlement of the 'you know whos', and that just drives me even harder to support them anyway I can. Since I started following the Habs HF boards forums, the trend hasn't changed, and I won't back down. Funny how these same fans were all 'NOOOO don't boo Gomez, won't atttact UFAs anymore blahblah' Pathetic yeah, that's the right word.

TLDR Real supporters don't trash on their own team's players.

habitue*

You're darn right.

This board is becoming a real farce, an annoying place to talk "HOCKEY". Every single thread is turning into mud slaying/bashing of specific individuals. There is about a dozen of nasty posters- always the same - who had kidnapped this board and are working on their agendas to promote their favourites and mainly, trash some others + coaching staff. They don't ****ing care about the TEAM. Anyone can have a favourite player, but why trash another one ? They are all playing for the same TEAM, and they very possibly likes each other and are happy to play with each other.

I have a suggestion: real Montreal Canadiens fans - the TEAM - should not respond anymore to these morons when they are writing about DD, or Bouillon, or how Therrien must be an idiot... . They still don't understand that NO ONE loves these guys, - we can have some respect for what they have accomplished, and could repeat in the future - but at some point, they have to understand that we got the message, and it's time to turn the ****ing page and talk about the TEAM and its performances. ... But they keep going. They will keep playing in their own little sand box, make circles with their obsessions, keep trapped in their tunnel vision.

Where are the REAL Montreal Canadiens fans ?

Last edited by a moderator:

pine*

You're darn right.

This board is becoming a real farce, an annoying place to talk "HOCKEY". Every single thread is turning into mud slaying/bashing of specific individuals.

Where are the Montreal Canadiens fans ?

Go to the talkbacks on RDS.ca if you want your typical pro-Desharnais pro-Bouillon ********

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
You're darn right.

This board is becoming a real farce, an annoying place to talk "HOCKEY". Every single thread is turning into mud slaying/bashing of specific individuals.

Where are the Montreal Canadiens fans ?

I second that. Was going to post something similar but figured it was an excercise in futility. Every thread on here is about Therrien, Bouillon and DD.

If you're looking for something else I've been reading lots of Hockey Inside out lately. Much more intelligent conversation there. Haven't signed up yet though.

habitue*

By3ywnvCIAAdMHw.jpg

Not sure how Therrien comes up with these only anyway a week until the season starts :yo:

If you would understand hockey, you would know that this line up makes great sense. They are playing away from Montreal. They want to have a last chance to evaluate some youngsters while resting the vets (one less travel) for the last pre-season games in Montreal and the first few real games at the beginning of the season. + in the NHl convention, vets players are not allowed to be used more than a certain number of games in the pre-season. And Habs don't owe nothing to the Chicago fans and organisation.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I second that. Was going to post something similar but figured it was an excercise in futility. Every thread on here is about Therrien, Bouillon and DD.

If you're looking for something else I've been reading lots of Hockey Inside out lately. Much more intelligent conversation there. Haven't signed up yet though.

Folks chill out. It's pre-season and the majority of the posters will back down some when the season starts. HF has not changed since the day I stumbled across it. What is so special about this year?
You may not realize it but you are coming across as the whiners not those who are advocating change.
Chances are if a poster(s) comment(s) hurt you it is probably because it's true.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
I think this makes a lot of sense. Save the vets the trip to Chicago. But I'm keen to see the kids, including those destined for Hamilton.

Smokies430

Nov 21, 2009
So far every pre-season game I've got the "not available in your area" message. I assume rds is carrying the games elsewhere? Do you think I will still not get the games once regular season starts?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Good luck with that, and you are of those who are jumping happily on specific players that I won't name again.

I certainly do reference certain players most often with tongue in cheek.
But please realize I can't help it either. There are certain positions given to certain players
who have no business occupying them. A successful team can not be run that way.
Is it okay if i say it like this?

habitue*

I certainly do reference certain players most often with tongue in cheek.
But please realize I can't help it either. There are certain positions given to certain players
who have no business occupying them. A successful team can not be run that way.
Is it okay if i say it like this?

The coaching staff have to play with the puzzle pieces (not all perfect) they have in their hands and make sure the team OVERALL is succesful. And that's the bottom line.

They got 100 points, went to Eastern Conference Finals. That's the bottom line. How they got there and with which combination they won is secondary. Every single NHL teams have "special" players who have serious shortcomings but can at least fit somewhere in the line up and be helpful and productive and good complement to some of their team mates. DD was not "given" a spot. he was "assigned" to a specific job.

As I wrote over and over, I'd rather have Getzlaf or Giroux as our first line center. It did not happen. So now, let's be patient, and a better centerman will emerge in a near future within the org, or will be acquired (but that's gonna cost a LOT.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad