Post-Game Talk: Kicked right in the Cernak. Oilers lose 3-1 By Kass

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Calling up Cave with McDavid going down is a joke the odds of Russell,Cave or Kharia scoring even 1 goal by time McDavid returns about 3%

Reactions: Aerchon

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
images

Reactions: Cloned

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
What's that phrase that mouthbreathers keep spewing out? Oh yeah something about the cost of rent in their heads.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Did Pronger get 3 games for stomping on that guy's leg a few years back? Or was it the usual one game for him?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Why does anybody in the bottom 9 make more than league minimum? They could be replaced by waiver fodder and we wouldn’t notice a difference
Absolutely right. There is no reason for anyone aside from McDavid, Draisaitl, and Nuge to be making more than league minimum in this forward group. How disgusting is that? You could literally plug and play 9 forwards off waivers into our lineup and it would look pretty damn similar talent-wise to how it does now. Does anyone here think:

Kassian
Neal
Chiasson
Archibald
Sheahan
Gagner
Haas
Nygard
Khaira
Russell
Cave

Any of those players would get claimed off waivers? Maybe Kassian? Probably not though. We could have just as easily built 9 of our 12 opening day forward spots with waiver wire pickups and minimum salary contracts seen at worst an even amount of scoring generated. This is not an exaggeration. Hell, most of our team is already comprised of people who were in the AHL last year or who were healthy scratched a majority of last year. OUR ENTIRE BOTTOM 9 IS COMPLETE TRASH!

We just got outchanced by a team missing 4 of their top 6 scorers. Is that comical to you? We have the top two scorers in the entire league out of sheer luck. Imagine if we lost the McDavid lottery for just a second. We would be easily in the basement with Detroit and Ottawa right now. God, it makes me sick to my stomach just how bad this team is after its first three players. I'll include RNH and Yamamoto as .5 players each.

Team is nowhere close to competing until we have depth like the Tampa Bay's, St. Louis', etc. Man that is such a sickening roster we have.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Didn’t get blown out. Well played by Smith. Hate TB so much. Only guy to like on that club is Vasilevskiy.

Can’t believe the ‘goobers’ calling for ten plus games for Kassian before there’s even been evidence provided that a) it was an aimed kick, and b) it connected. According to Rob Brown, who seems to believe it was a kick that connected, Jeff Skinner got two games for a similar play.

I was thinking it would be longer than 2, but the Skinner play is essentially identical and he got 2. We all know precedent and, honestly, any kind of reasoning really doesn't play much into into the league's decision, but if we were to go by precedent, 2 is probably what he'd get. I actually think he should get around 5 because of how dangerous it is, but an argument can certainly be made for 2.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Winnable game due to injuries and a lot of luck early.

Kinda felt the team was going through the paces. Tampa played a great frustrating game but the Oilers were not at their best.

Draisaitl and Klefbom trying too hard and culprits of it tonight. Lot of missed passes and flubbed plays. Klefbom most likely could not have done anything on he SH or the EN but you could tell he gave up on those plays.

Haas Chaisson Russell Cave Gagner and Kharia had a few good moments between the bunch but imo showed they were all are not up to be able to impact a team as good as Tampa. Really showed their lack of talent/nhl effectiveness.

Really missing that true #3 center that can help a line look dangerous at least.

Hope the Oilers play with a bit more stability next game.

Edit: Kassian should not get suspended for the kick. Chara cross check Gallagher in the throat and got a fine. Kassian "pushed off" in frustration. That was not a kicking motion. If it was a goal it would have counted.

Stupid thing to do, but no real chance to injure with the angle and force. I'm not even sure if he actually made contact.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’m not upset. A bit drunk. But not upset. We win the game in FLA. Iron maiden T or not. f*** em and eat em.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
On a positive note, Bear, Yamamoto, and Jones all had great games. Our development is really improving and we're starting to feel the results of it.

Hopefully by next year benson is contributing at a top 9 level. Other than that though, we really need some forwards in the pipeline or on the team asap.

oldtimehocky

Mar 16, 2010
Who needs points, moral victories are where it's at.

Ha. That was the OLD Oilers (like the last 12 0f 13 years). Losing a McD on a team like the OIL leaves a much bigger hole than losing a Stamkos/Kutcherov does on a TBL team. That said, the SHG and the other goaler were the difference. This team played hard and had a real chance at at least a point. No real reason to hang their heads.

Reactions: Samus44

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
It was a good game except I thought Klefbom was brutal tonight, he might be our worst defensman for holding the line.

If someone is going to carry the puck in post McD give it to Yammo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad