Confirmed with Link: Khudobin for Wisniewski

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
Poor Wiz... waves his NTC to come to Anaheim, praises the place, and then gets stuck in a situation where a rookie preformed better then anticipated making him once again expendable.

Well, GL in Carolina I suppose.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
So this is making it look like one of our young goalies is going to be traded soon

I wouldn't assume that.

Keeping Khubodin allows the Ducks to keep Gibson in the AHL. Not only will it help to continue his development, but it will also help in negotiations after this season when Gibson is a RFA.

But I am very much with others that say they should have traded Wiz for a winger. This was an old school Murray move that smells of terrible asset management....

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Feel bad for Wiz. Don't think he got a fair chance. I also don't get the goalie thing unless we are shipping out somebody. I'm sure this will all make more sense when we see what else happens.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I just have a bit of an issue moving Wiz for a sideways move in goal. How much will that help us next year? I understand it might help us in the future, but man it would have been nice to help out the forward corps.

Obviously we aren't done yet, so nothing can be truly graded.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Why would we sent Gibson to the AHL.
He needs some NHL games from time to time, 20 games for him would be best scenario.
This is 3rd season in a row we are going up and down with John.
We have legit goalie, in worst case scenario, 2nd best G prospect, and we are sending him in AHL for full season.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Wow based on what we traded for Wiz plus the fact he never really had a chance I'm surprised at this. Especially for a backup goalie. I hope Murray is up to something.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
So we traded away one of our best prospects and our best center prospect easily (even over Rakell) for a backup goalie.

add a 2nd rounder as well.

amazing.

Oct 18, 2011
so we burned two assets for only a few games of wiz, and now we have khudobin to show
very poor asset management by murray here

giant870

Jun 27, 2015
Why would we sent Gibson to the AHL.
He needs some NHL games from time to time, 20 games for him would be best scenario.
This is 3rd season in a row we are going up and down with John.
We have legit goalie, in worst case scenario, 2nd best G prospect, and we are sending him in AHL for full season.

I don't think it makes much sense to keep Gibson backing up Freddy when he can get more experience and develop more while playing in the AHL. He's wouldn't be playing enough this next year backing up Freddy.
I think Gibson is going to be a superstar goalie, but I think he still needs a little more time before he gets there. I see this as a good thing keeping him in the AHL for the year.
Who knows. Maybe Gibson has a great training camp and Freddy falters, but I don't see Gibson beating Freddy out just yet.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
So we traded away one of our best prospects and our best center prospect easily (even over Rakell) for a backup goalie.

Don't be ridiculous - he wasn't easily a better center prospect than Rakell. I can see the argument being made, and I think I made it myself a few times, but even that is an uphill battle with what both have done in NA. It's not easily.

Bottom line stays: it ended up being bad asset management for sure. But Khudobin isn't worthless, either. I think many are underrating him. He'll be interesting to see on a good team again. This season was a bit of a setback, but the year before, I felt he showed starting potential. Not that that's necessarily what we need out of him, but he isn't a zero-value asset in this equation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad