KHL TV news and discussion

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Sad to see Khavanov, Fedotov and Fedorov leaving NTV Plus. Even if they get their Hockey Night on KHL it probably will be exclusively KHL-oriented now.

It does not make sense to promote other league. ;)

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Just found out that on www.khl.ru you can see short clips of every goal and penalty on the game page. Great!

Well, almost..... Shchitov's goal for Neftekhimik isn't there..

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
All these new graphics features are cool, but it is high time to get people who can utilize them properly. Sick and tired to see that game clocks are very often off by as much as thirty seconds.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Apparently PanoramaHD crew in Khabarovsk have moved from 10-cam OB van to the arena studio this season. Looking good.

http://panoramahd.ru/news/1549

2013-09-06_21.40.04.jpg

2013-09-06_18.23.13.jpg

2013-09-06_21.07.06.jpg

2013-09-06_18.22.02.jpg

PanoramaHD is one of the biggest broadcasters in KHL right now, they're making HD broadcasts from Ufa, Khabarovsk, Yekaterinburg. They could have covered Kazan as well, as they have 24-cam FullHD OB van there, but TNV prefer their own crew (shame about that).

Last edited:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Unfortunately they won't be getting the new equipment any time soon.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
I wonder where they put microphones on Fetisov Arena in Vladivostok?
I barely heared a commentator but learned all advertisement jingles.

thevreelander

Nov 10, 2013
I don't understand why the KHL doesn't get a TV Deal with someone in the United States and I'm not talking about a stupid ESPN3 Live Stream deal. They could even do the broadcasting the way MSG Network did during the lockout (from their own studio in the States, watching the game on a screen) which would really cut costs. Sure some errors might happen, but it actually worked well surprisingly. Also let's be honest, there is absolutely no hockey programming at all running in the States during the early AM hours till 2PM EST (when NHL Live comes on which is blahhhh). I would think hockey fans would rather watch the KHL than all the sports talk shows like First Take (where they only talk about the NBA) and Dan Patrick (the show I currently watch in the morning). Especially Fox Sports (who is broadcasting only the afternoon UEFA Champion's League games during the Winter) or CBS Sports (who barely has any programming beside some college sports and no one even knows this network exists). The KHL should go make a move at those Networks, they honestly have nothing better to show during the time the KHL is on.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't understand why the KHL doesn't get a TV Deal with someone in the United States and I'm not talking about a stupid ESPN3 Live Stream deal. They could even do the broadcasting the way MSG Network did during the lockout (from their own studio in the States, watching the game on a screen) which would really cut costs. Sure some errors might happen, but it actually worked well surprisingly. Also let's be honest, there is absolutely no hockey programming at all running in the States during the early AM hours till 2PM EST (when NHL Live comes on which is blahhhh). I would think hockey fans would rather watch the KHL than all the sports talk shows like First Take (where they only talk about the NBA) and Dan Patrick (the show I currently watch in the morning). Especially Fox Sports (who is broadcasting only the afternoon UEFA Champion's League games during the Winter) or CBS Sports (who barely has any programming beside some college sports and no one even knows this network exists). The KHL should go make a move at those Networks, they honestly have nothing better to show during the time the KHL is on.

Because there's no interest?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not at the moment because it's not on TV. NHL fanbase is growing which means the hockey fanbase is growing. If you put the KHL out there hockey fans will follow.

US hockey ratings are largely local driven meaning fans like to watch their home town team. Since there's no attachment to KHL, there wouldn't be viewers. Return of invest would be nonexistent for networks.

thevreelander

Nov 10, 2013
US hockey ratings are largely local driven meaning fans like to watch their home town team. Since there's no attachment to KHL, there wouldn't be viewers. Return of invest would be nonexistent for networks.

There's no reason a United States fan wouldn't pick up with a KHL team. Not to mention hockey games that are shown nationally are becoming more and more popular in the United States. NBC Sports has one almost every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The issue still is the lack of exposure in the United States. Hockey fans know it exists but have no access to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad