KHL TV news and discussion

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
As it should be considering they've faced the 13th and 14th placed teams from last season.

Oh I so want to see SKA fail this year. :D Considering that they still without that boy Kovalchuk maybe makes it wishful thinking for this year, but come play-offs. As a female singer sang ''anything could happen''.

Though maybe we should just let Mr. Medvedev have his Cup and perhaps league would only improve after that win.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Guys from a local cable TV called me yesterday and asked if I want to add KHL TV and other sport channels to my package. 5$ per month. Not bad :)
Drinking beer and watching the last season playoff games

RicEsteban85

Jan 20, 2013
Aachen
hey guys I need an estimation on the best subscription candidate in the west...

I want to purchase a one-team season pass for khl tv, usually I would go for Omsk as this is my favorite team and I follow the eastern conference more than the western. Unfortunately I finished studying and work now, so I would miss most of the home games due to the time difference and my working hours, therefore I decided to chose a western team, so I can watch the games after work.

So which team do you think offers the best entertainment package?

good hockey/HD broadcasting during the home games/good atmosphere in the arena/ and being able cheer till the last game for the team to make the playoffs

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Cheering for SKA is like cheering for FC Barcelona or Real Madrid -- not too much fun, in my opinion, but a yawn-inducing experience, as you just know they're gonna end up close to the top every year. Also, cheering for someone who's stinking-rich and drowning in money (questionable money, as many Russians claim)?? Nah, not for me... :p:

There's nothing better than cheering for the underdog, though not an utterly hopeless one. (Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.) :handclap: Also in terms of the NHL, I could sing songs about that, as a long-time LA Kings fan -- who used to be that hopeless underdog for a number of seasons, in fact. Which made the next-to-last season all the sweeter. :yo:

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
hey guys I need an estimation on the best subscription candidate in the west...

I want to purchase a one-team season pass for khl tv, usually I would go for Omsk as this is my favorite team and I follow the eastern conference more than the western. Unfortunately I finished studying and work now, so I would miss most of the home games due to the time difference and my working hours, therefore I decided to chose a western team, so I can watch the games after work.

So which team do you think offers the best entertainment package?

good hockey/HD broadcasting during the home games/good atmosphere in the arena/ and being able cheer till the last game for the team to make the playoffs

I hate saying this but SKA is the only team on the west resembling the legendary Red machine

P.S. But they will not get Gagarin Cup!

Cannot help it. How a real player kicks the ass of a glamour boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JmkUgy5vygs

Last edited:

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Cheering for SKA is like cheering for FC Barcelona or Real Madrid -- not too much fun, in my opinion, but a yawn-inducing experience, as you just know they're gonna end up close to the top every year. Also, cheering for someone who's stinking-rich and drowning in money (questionable money, as many Russians claim)?? Nah, not for me... :p:

What is questionable about Gazprom Export? They sell gas to the EU and get money for it.

The only KHL team with questionable sponsors was, well... Vityaz.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Is there any tv, which wants broadcast Riga Cup? I would like to see SKA vs LEV

Latvian TV5 and TV6 I believe will show Dinamo Riga games, but that's Dinamo Riga games only. So unfortunately no SKA and LEV (as they're not in our group). As KHL.tv will cover Donbass Cup, Romazan Cup and Bashkortistan Cup in the next few says, they won't show ''our'' cup it seems... A shame but well, there will be plenty good games in those other cups too. Season is getting closer and closer.

But still it seems that our Railways Cup as regards the quality of teams offered is very good, so perhaps KHL.tv could've covered it.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Well, well, well, that's some major improvement! :handclap: I was just about to cancel my Sport 1 & Sport 2 subscription. I'm getting it for free until October, and starting from then, I'd have to pay €2.50 per month to continue receiving the sports package (Orange Fiber TV here). This may change my mind, and persuade me to keep the subscription.

The best improvement compared to last season is -- if it's really true -- that the article says Sport 1/2 will definitely be showing all of Slovan's and Lev's home games. :yo: I was infuriated last season (on my friends' behalf, me having been a season-ticket holder) when Sport 1/2 did not show some of Slovan's home games, including crucial ones when advancing to the play-offs was on the line. Just inexcusable.

There's one caveat in the article: they say they will show Slovan's and Lev's away games, too, but only "if the quality of the provided signal meets our quality criteria" (my paraphrase). :shakehead I do not want to hear that. I decidedly prefer a bad quality broadcast over no broadcast -- and I'm sure all hockey diehards do as well. So, I'm still OK with purchasing KHL.ru's webcast subscription for all of Slovan's hockey games this season, for only €23; it may well be that KHL.ru will webcast some of Slovan's away games that will not be shown on Sport 1/2.

synobyte

Canucks Cultist
Mar 23, 2007
100 mile house
Sorry if this has been posted but is there a Canadian station to watch khl games in English I wanna watch it as I love all hockey. I'm looking forward to Swedish German and other euro teams joining the khl

ult

Sep 21, 2009
The new unified mic coverage is now part of KHL regulations:

vUtrDds.jpg

The full article is here.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Well, well, well, that's some major improvement! :handclap: [...] if it's really true

The joy didn't last long. :shakehead I've just learned in this article that Sport 2 will only show 7 out of 10 Slovan games in September. So, 30% of Slovan's games in the KHL in September won't be broadcast on TV in Slovakia at all. :rant: It appears they won't be broadcasting not just Slovan's games in Novosibirsk and Novokuzneck, but they will also skip Slovan's second game of the season, on Sunday @ Spartak Moscow. :rant:

What justification is there for that? I don't think there can be any. So, I think I'll be canceling my Sport 1 and Sport 2 subscription in a month from today after all, just as I originally wanted to.

The big question is, of course, if KHL.ru will provide better service to their online webcast subscribers than those 2 awful Hungarian/Czech TV stations. We'll see on Sunday, I guess, if purchasing an "All games by Slovan" subscription from KHL.ru really means all games, or only some games, like last season! :shakehead

The online webcast link for Slovan's opening game @ Doneck on Friday has now actually appeared on KHL.ru, which is good news. We can only hope that the same thing will happen for Slovan's game in Moscow on Sunday. :amazed:

Last edited:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Oh, and one more thing... If you want to have a good laugh, but sad laugh, this is Sport 1 and Sport 2's official website:

www.sport1tv.cz

1995 webdesign, anyone? :help: When you click the big red link "OZNAM" (= Announcement) on the right, it will bring you a news item from... September 2008. That's right, September 5 years ago. And that is the only news item on the site.

So, this is the KHL's official TV broadcasting partner for the hockey-mad countries Czech Republic and Slovakia. Is it any surprise they will skip broadcasting 30% of the home team's games in the first KHL month?

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
So, this is the KHL's official TV broadcasting partner for the hockey-mad countries Czech Republic and Slovakia. Is it any surprise they will skip broadcasting 30% of the home team's games in the first KHL month?

Will they show all home games at least? or will we end up with no coverage at all of certain Slovan games again?

Today is the day that I try out this one-day package to see if it is worth buying the season package. :nod:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Yes, all home games. (Or so they say.) But Slovan plays 6 games on the road in September, and they will only show 3 of them. So, I'll be cancelling Sport 1 & Sport 2.

I hope that the official KHL.ru webcast streams will give us more than just 7 out of 10 Slovan games. They should give us 10 out of 10, because they sell "All games by Slovan" subscriptions.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Yes, all home games. (Or so they say.) But Slovan plays 6 games on the road in September, and they will only show 3 of them. So, I'll be cancelling Sport 1 & Sport 2.

I hope that the official KHL.ru webcast streams will give us more than just 7 out of 10 Slovan games. They should give us 10 out of 10, because they sell "All games by Slovan" subscriptions.

I guess you are really better off with KHL webcast. :)

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Sad to see Khavanov, Fedotov and Fedorov leaving NTV Plus. Even if they get their Hockey Night on KHL it probably will be exclusively KHL-oriented now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad