KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kunlun has also added Brule and Traktor Hyka whom I'm very happy about.

On the Minsk front, their president confirmed the goalie they are targeting is Johan Mattson. They are yet to agree on the compensation with Frolunda, however.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Kunlun has also added Brule and Traktor Hyka whom I'm very happy about.

On the Minsk front, their president confirmed the goalie they are targeting is Johan Mattson. They are yet to agree on the compensation with Frolunda, however.
I have not seen a confirmation for Hyka.

Regarding Mattson. If you are right, I must LOL to Frolunda. Losing the starting goalie & back-up to DEL & Minsk? Like really?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I have not seen a confirmation for Hyka.

Regarding Mattson. If you are right, I must LOL to Frolunda. Losing the starting goalie & back-up to DEL & Minsk? Like really?
You probably won't be seeing it for quite some time as his contract officially expires on 30th of June so he can't be signed until then.

And regarding Frolunda, Gustafsson was good riddance (nobody in the SHL even offered him a job anymore) and they aren't losing Mattson, they are selling him.

Or not selling, if Minsk doesn't pay. It would be a different story if KHL teams were smart enough to talk to the players they are targeting before they sign their extensions. Which Mattson did at the end of March. So I think LOLing directed at Dinamo would be way more accurate.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I know that you support the NHL "world" where contracts are not honoured, but it is another topic.

The point is that the best-European club outside the KHL, as people use to say, is losing their two goalies to DEL and Minsk.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Jokerit holding a press conference tomorrow at 11:00 (GTM+3) about "two significant" player signings. Owner/GM Kurri said that after that the team is ready for the next season.

Let the rumors fly!

My guess: Goalie Antti Niemi and Sami Lepistös extension. Nothing that stunning but still a great addition to an already solid squad.

Joensuu - Norman - O'Neill
Savinainen - Kontiola - Haapala
Jensen - Regin - Moses
Pihlström - Niemi - Anttila
Oksanen - Ikonen - juniors

"Lepistö" - Lehtonen
Kivistö - Grant
Eronen - Lauridsen
Lööv - Räsänen
Juniors

"Niemi"
Kalnins
Juniors

I'd love to speculate with names like Filppula or Lehterä, but extension for 'Leppä' seems much more likely. I dont think there is room in the offence department for antoher "significant" player.

All in all, looking good for Jokerit!

Reactions: Rigafan and Exarz

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Would've loved to see Pulkkinen or Berglund but the most logical signing is Lepistö and Niemi.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Jokerit are also the first team in the KHL ratings at the end of 2018/19 season, having moved up two places. If the salary cap is actually implemented and Jokerit have enough money to last a couple of years, maybe we'll even see them at conference or Gagarin Cup finals.

Indeed, I tend to believe KHL will want this to attract possible candidates for expansion. Chernyshenko will say, "You see, we have very successful expansion teams. Yeah, they still spend so much money that it is impossible to generate profit but at least they get to be one of the best teams in a really, really good league!" and they will listen to Chernyshenko.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Jokerit are also the first team in the KHL ratings at the end of 2018/19 season, having moved up two places. If the salary cap is actually implemented and Jokerit have enough money to last a couple of years, maybe we'll even see them at conference or Gagarin Cup finals.

Indeed, I tend to believe KHL will want this to attract possible candidates for expansion. Chernyshenko will say, "You see, we have very successful expansion teams. Yeah, they still spend so much money that it is impossible to generate profit but at least they get to be one of the best teams in a really, really good league!" and they will listen to Chernyshenko.
Regarding Jokerit - the league changed the calculation of the TV criterion in favour of teams like Jokerit. You bring the most money into the league? Great, you get the most revenues in return. And you named the reason.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Jokerit holding a press conference tomorrow at 11:00 (GTM+3) about "two significant" player signings. Owner/GM Kurri said that after that the team is ready for the next season.

Let the rumors fly!

My guess: Goalie Antti Niemi and Sami Lepistös extension. Nothing that stunning but still a great addition to an already solid squad.

Joensuu - Norman - O'Neill
Savinainen - Kontiola - Haapala
Jensen - Regin - Moses
Pihlström - Niemi - Anttila
Oksanen - Ikonen - juniors

"Lepistö" - Lehtonen
Kivistö - Grant
Eronen - Lauridsen
Lööv - Räsänen
Juniors

"Niemi"
Kalnins
Juniors

I'd love to speculate with names like Filppula or Lehterä, but extension for 'Leppä' seems much more likely. I dont think there is room in the offence department for antoher "significant" player.

All in all, looking good for Jokerit!

Is joensuu on the team? He's not listed on elite prospects as having a contract with us

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
But yeah, it's definitely interesting what SKA is going to do, they are in a rather tough spot as far as available players go. One thing for sure, they need to get Kagarlitsky if they want to even stay close to the level they are used to being at.

And so the other shoe drops. Kagarlitsky to SKA.

Lehtera becomes/would become 6th SKA's import so that situation raises some questions.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

That's the big question mark. Kurri said there won't be any money coming from Russia anymore and there just isn't that kind of money in Finland to cover the losses. They's have to bring down the player salary costs a lot. But that would make them less attractive for "star players".

Last edited:

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
That's the big question mark. Kurri said there won't any money coming from Russia anymore and there just isn't that kind of money in Finland to cover the losses. They's have to bring down the player salary costs a lot. But that would make them less attractive for "star players".

Jari Kurri tells us in iltalehti that there is "no debt on his neck", but also that there will be no more money from Timtshenko. So they have to get the money from some other source. He also tells us that they are planning to play with samekind of player budget, than before. So maybe Kurri has found some new money source for Jokerit. Could it be Red Bull or some other global corporation or local money from Finland?

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
€10mm player budget, average attendance of 8765 and they lost, what, €12mm? That’s literally not possible.

Reactions: Jussi

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Rather a stupid question, of course there's a lot of travel as there is in the NHL but Jokerit has never had to fly directly to Vladivostok.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Rather a stupid question, of course there's a lot of travel as there is in the NHL but Jokerit has never had to fly directly to Vladivostok.
Just last season they flew from Helsinki to Shanghai which is an even longer distance. Of course, they only do one trip to the Far East per season so this isn't really something central to focus on.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Just last season they flew from Helsinki to Shanghai which is an even longer distance.

If they did that was on them then, last season they had a game in Moscow on September 6 and the Far East tour starting in China on September 9, 2017. Coming back to Helsinki in between seems pointless.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
If they did that was on them then, last season they had a game in Moscow on September 6 and the Far East tour starting in China on September 9, 2017. Coming back to Helsinki in between seems pointless.
Last season, as in, the 18-19 season, obviously. They played against Dynamo in Helsinki on January 8 and then against Kunlun in Shanghai on January 13.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
That's a different thing as it was originally scheduled with a stop in Siberia which got cancelled due to the arena situation in Omsk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad