7 from SHL
6 from Liiga
4 from DEL
3 from NL (Swiss)

-surprisingly SHL leading the transfer market, earlier the Liiga was top
-no player from Czech league

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
I see that Kunlun signed Andrej Sustr and Trevor Murphy from San Diego. Did Sustrs performance fall down a cliff or something? I remember him being servicable for Tampa not too long ago.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I see that Kunlun signed Andrej Sustr and Trevor Murphy from San Diego. Did Sustrs performance fall down a cliff or something? I remember him being servicable for Tampa not too long ago.
It did, pretty much. He didn't even make Gulls PO roster once. Looks like he had zero interest/motivation to play in the AHL. Everyone but him getting NHL call-ups probably worsened the situation even more.

Reactions: Witte49

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hardly a groundbreaking deal but my personal favorite, Oleg Lomako, signs with Admiral. The guy who has amazing offensive skills and spent 6 years in the VHL finally gets his KHL chance, very nice to see. Admiral is also exactly the team he should have gone to. I don't expect him to set the league on fire but at the price affordable for the small teams he brings package very few players do.

I also feel KHL heavily lacks those good "the guy who made it stories" as far as the transition from VHL to KHL is concerned. Hope this is one.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Hardly a groundbreaking deal but my personal favorite, Oleg Lomako, signs with Admiral. The guy who has amazing offensive skills and spent 6 years in the VHL finally gets his KHL chance, very nice to see. Admiral is also exactly the team he should have gone to. I don't expect him to set the league on fire but at the price affordable for the small teams he brings package very few players do.

I also feel KHL heavily lacks those good "the guy who made it stories" as far as the transition from VHL to KHL is concerned. Hope this is one.
Can't find whether it is a real contract or just a try-out so far, but then again my effort to find confirmation for this was pretty half-hearted at best.

Reactions: Rigafan

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Kunlun adds Simon hrubec.

For them, a non Russian team, the import rule is that they must have 10 players either Russian or Chinese every night, correct?

If so, I'm not sure how they pull that off as of now. 2 goalies, 6 defenseman and 7 forwards signed, two Chinese and zero Russians among them.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Kunlun adds Simon hrubec.

For them, a non Russian team, the import rule is that they must have 10 players either Russian or Chinese every night, correct?

If so, I'm not sure how they pull that off as of now. 2 goalies, 6 defenseman and 7 forwards signed, two Chinese and zero Russians among them.
Not correct. it is not 10 players (Chinese+Russians) on roster every night, but on season´s roster list (25 players). If you look at KRS roster at KHL website right now, you can see 10 Chinese.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What vorky said. It's not a big deal, really. You aren't taking into account the players who will get their citizenship soon like Riche and Fram. Also, they haven't officially extended "Chinese" guys like Lockhart and Yip yet who are almost certainly going to play for them.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Not correct. it is not 10 players (Chinese+Russians) on roster every night, but on season´s roster list (25 players). If you look at KRS roster at KHL website right now, you can see 10 Chinese.

That makes sense then.

Thanks

Reactions: vorky

lindelof

Jul 7, 2018
Earlier Swedish players refused to sign in the KHL. So, the KHL clubs targetted the Liiga as their primary players market. Another reason in favour of Liiga were out-clauses.
False.

They preferred NHL and NLA but KHL has never been out of the question, except for some players with an bad experience of KHL. But to say that swedish players refused is not in any way true.

Reactions: Jussi

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Nikita Scherbak to Avangard and the board seems very hyped about this for some reason.
And it is for 3 years. Good to hear about such long contracts, it indicates the stability of a team/league. If I am correct, Yakupov is also for 3 years.

And it also shows the clubs work with new salary cap model.

Reactions: Witte49

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
And it is for 3 years. Good to hear about such long contracts, it indicates the stability of a team/league. If I am correct, Yakupov is also for 3 years.

And it also shows the clubs work with new salary cap model.

Long contracts are indeed nice to see but I'm not sure about how smart of an idea it is to sign a 3-year contract with Scherbak. The guy barely played hockey this past season, most of which was at AHL level anyways. His recent years are far from being impressive and he also had an operation on his knee.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Here I agree on Scherbak. The point was longer deals than usual.

IIRC CSKA GM said that Grigorenko & co (coming back from NA or guys like Sorokin) did not want to sign for a year or two. So, it was 3-years or staying in America. Players want security. Unfortunatelly, not all clubs are able to sign such deals.

We will see the development when the new salary cap is in place.

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
From what I remember about seeing Scherbak in AHL and NHL, I'm more positive. More space would suit him well. Probably not a top line player but very serviceable in Avangard. Also they wouldn't offer him that many years if there was health concerns?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
From what I remember about seeing Scherbak in AHL and NHL, I'm more positive. More space would suit him well. Probably not a top line player but very serviceable in Avangard. Also they wouldn't offer him that many years if there was health concerns?
I will refer to "more space"... looks like at least 14 clubs will use NHL (6) or Finnish (8) size rinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad