KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Skudra to take charge in Chelyabinsk. Two-year contract. No idea how ambitious Traktor will be but I totally like this. Now time to bring back Francouz and concede just 0.2 goals per game while beating the shit out of everyone on the ice.

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
6 people leaving spartak, interestingly enough - some were team's leaders and veterans. Was Kalinin team's captain?
Yes, he was captain. At 38 years old he might consider retirement.

Of the ones leaving Im only saddened by Voronin. He spent almost his full carreer here. I wish him success in the future.

Lisin im happy to see leave. Good in the playoffs, but during regular season nothing happened with him on our offensive lines.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Yes, he was captain. At 38 years old he might consider retirement.

Of the ones leaving Im only saddened by Voronin. He spent almost his full carreer here. I wish him success in the future.

Lisin im happy to see leave. Good in the playoffs, but during regular season nothing happened with him on our offensive lines.

What about Grigoriev?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Really none of the guys leaving were any good.. Grigoriev might bounce back but guys like Kalinin or Lisin aren't what they used to be.

Reactions: Witte49

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
looks like Prokhorkin is going to LA - likely AHL
Mikheev is between Vegas and ML - imho has a chance to stick if they get rid of some pricey guys in Toronto (less chance in Vegas)
Andrighetto going to CSKA
Goldobin wants to stay in NHL
rights for Ozhiganov will go to Ak Bars
Kravtsov is signing with NYR

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Magnitka is really, really going at it hard. Loktionov reportedly moving there as well. Meaning by the first day of free agency (today) they have already signed him, Galuzin, Kozun, Yakovlev, O'Dell. That's quite a haul. Also after only really having 1 decent center last year, they are really loading up on those for the next one.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Magnitka is really, really going at it hard. Loktionov reportedly moving there as well. Meaning by the first day of free agency (today) they have already signed him, Galuzin, Kozun, Yakovlev, O'Dell. That's quite a haul. Also after only really having 1 decent center last year, they are really loading up on those for the next one.
Add Galimov and Parshin to the list. Woof.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Kvartalnov to coach Ak Bars. Kemppainen to SKA. Loko signed Da Costa & Lander. Torpedo in ruins. Sirens in the distance.

I'm glad Magnitka is going full YOLO. East will be a bloodbath once again. This is why I keep bringing up salary cap all the time. In my opinion, KHL's eastern conference is the second best thing after NHL. If we find the same parity in west, imagine how fantastic it would be. Imagine having three unpredictable first round series in west. Imagine both second round pairings with potential to go either way. Maybe excluding the first round, East totally provides that. It shouldn't be very difficult to have the same in west.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean sure Torpedo lost good players but were they irreplaceable? Nah.. If anything, I'd wager Parshin and Galimov were pretty overpaid.

Also add Postma to Magnitka's list. They basically have a full squad on April 1st.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Sekac signed with CSKA

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ak Bars have been reportedly looking really hard for an import goalie. Garipov, evidently, hasn't proven anything to them. Which I don't care much about but what I do care is Bilyalov coming back to Kazan seems unlikely in that base. Unless he wants to play in the VHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They have both Kalnins and Zapolski under contract, how does that even work? They are going to trade one of them for a bag of pucks just to make space for ancient Niemi?

Having said that, I will gladly welcome Kalnins back in Riga.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
They have both Kalnins and Zapolski under contract, how does that even work? They are going to trade one of them for a bag of pucks just to make space for ancient Niemi?

They are going to let Zapolski go.

I wouldn't say that Niemi is ancient. Rinne, Thomas, Kipper, and lots of others have proved that goalies can be better at an old age. Eremenko vs Jokerit few months back was just another statement of that. Niemi - Kalnins sounds very good to me!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad