KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Bryntsev to Spartak.
The meat have a reasonable defense for once. I like them this year; could use a little more depth up front though.
A huge hit for Neftekhimik though if anyone cares about them. It looked ok after they managed to extend Poryadin and Bryntsev but looks like the latter never really wanted to actually stay.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Henrik Karlsson gives Boyarkin a contract with Barys. Kinda funny. Lets see how it goes.

Curious about Boyarkin. Won championship in Kazakhstan as 22-year-old with .949 save percentage in 14 playoff games. Is he THAT good and worth watching?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Curious about Boyarkin. Won championship in Kazakhstan as 22-year-old with .949 save percentage in 14 playoff games. Is he THAT good and worth watching?
His Kazakhstan league stats are pretty much worthless. His WC exploits with team Kazakhstan were the ones that turned heads, but whether he can be above average over the course of a serious league season is what we need to see.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
somebody please tell me why Kitsyn is still playing in vhl. i just don't get it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kuznya likely pays him reasonably well and no one in the KHL is prepared to give him an actual top-9 contract.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Some big trades/signings before the opener:

Zernov basically called his teammates a bunch of scrubs and got traded to Magnitka for Prokhorkin.
Stromwall got sold to Minsk because evidently, SKA realized carrying 7 imports doesn't actually make sense.
And last but not least Chekhovich got released by Sharks to sign with Torpedo making their top-9 truly scary.

Reactions: Rigafan

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
somebody please tell me why Kitsyn is still playing in vhl. i just don't get it.
He isn't good enough, has critical lapses in his game to be in the top-6, he does nothing in bottom-6.
VHL is where he can deliver pretty much on regular bases. There was always hype about him, but I never though it amounted to much.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
there is 38 swedes right now in khl. suprising high since there is no swedish team in khl and never have
Is it really though? Sweden produces an insane amount of players leaving for NHL/AHL and roughly half of the Swedes in the KHL have come directly from North America. The net pay is much, much higher than playing in the SHL and the other financially sound league to play in would be Switzerland, but the KHL has more than double their foreign limit. Plus, for tax reasons it can be quite difficult for players to directly return to Sweden from North America.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Is it really though? Sweden produces an insane amount of players leaving for NHL/AHL and roughly half of the Swedes in the KHL have come directly from North America. The net pay is much, much higher than playing in the SHL and the other financially sound league to play in would be Switzerland, but the KHL has more than double their foreign limit. Plus, for tax reasons it can be quite difficult for players to directly return to Sweden from North America.
Can you elaborate on the last (bold) sentence?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Can you elaborate on the last (bold) sentence?
Some players returning from a non-EU country are hit with a tax bill on their foreign income if they return to Sweden within a certain date/time. I'm not completely sure about the tax rules and how it counts, but something like that.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Some players returning from a non-EU country are hit with a tax bill on their foreign income if they return to Sweden within a certain date/time. I'm not completely sure about the tax rules and how it counts, but something like that.
Thanks.

Reactions: Exarz

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

well with how many players we have in nhl , ahl, nla, liiga its actually suprising we have that many in khl too.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
It's entirely possible their goal is to build their fanbase in Estonia this way, they signed Arrak and Slessarevski before who are even weaker prospects.
No. Kombe will play mostly in 2nd tier Finnish league "Mestis". He has upside with the puck and might be a backup stuntman if Jokerit struggles with injuries.

Since Jokerit doesn't have a proper farm team in the top national league "Liiga", Jokerit has to find players that are relatively young and "too good to Mestis" but not good enough to play regularly in Liiga. Tough one I'd say...

Hopefully the will find out a way to work with some Liiga teams and loan there a few players in order to keep the best prospects in the system. Now there is not much sense for the best prospects to stay with Jokerit, since there won't be any khl games (maybe 1 or 2) for them and they have to play in Mestis or U20 league.

Jokerit loaned Hirvonen to Liiga a few years back after the authorities have deemed Liigas ban for loaning Jokerit players illegitimate.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
No. Kombe will play mostly in 2nd tier Finnish league "Mestis". He has upside with the puck and might be a backup stuntman if Jokerit struggles with injuries.

Since Jokerit doesn't have a proper farm team in the top national league "Liiga", Jokerit has to find players that are relatively young and "too good to Mestis" but not good enough to play regularly in Liiga. Tough one I'd say...
Not really sure how one contradicts the other. Sure Jokerit has to find those kind of players to create organizational depth but it's just as evident they are going for Estonian guys if only the opportunity allows them to.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
rumours: Atte Ohtamaa (Ak Bars), Saku Mäenalanen (Dynamo Moscow)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Anisimov is left without a contract, he is still a pretty big catch by KHL standards. Maybe Loko, his one and only team so far?

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
So Händemarks contract was mutually terminated. I don't follow SKA closely, how had he been doing until today? Great player in the SHL tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad