vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
D Oliwer Kaski - Avangard
F Reid Boucher - Lokomotiv (rights)
F Lucas Wallmark - CSKA (rumour)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Boucher is a big surprise, not gonna lie. Avangard's tittle defense does begin to look somewhat questionable.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
F Taylor Beck & Metallurg terminated the deal
F Josh Currie & F Philippe Maillet verbally agreed to terms.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Glad to finally see Zaar graduate from the SHL. I think he will do well in the KHL
There is one interesting moment. Two most productive SHL players - Hrivík & Zaar - moving to Torpedo. And, hoping Torpedo fans will not be offended, Torpedo is average KHL club by sport standards, I would say under average financially & lowest level by arena standards. So, my question, why are both guys moving there? No offers from better KHL teams? What does this say about the SHL?

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
There is one interesting moment. Two most productive SHL players - Hrivík & Zaar - moving to Torpedo. And, hoping Torpedo fans will not be offended, Torpedo is average KHL club by sport standards, I would say under average financially & lowest level by arena standards. So, my question, why are both guys moving there? No offers from better KHL teams? What does this say about the SHL?
I don't think this says much more about the SHL than it did before. Top players leave the league because both the NHL and KHL are better leagues and pay better. Way too often we see top SHL players try the AHL route. I'm happy Zaar and Hrivik chose the KHL over AHL

Reactions: vorky

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It says that Torpedo are competitive in bidding war against Rogle or Leksands. Not a huge shock. Also, players don't care about "arena standards", no one does.

It also says pretty much the same thing as Nigel Dawes signing with Adler or Hrivik's linemate Cehlarik signing with Ava - European hockey teams are not that far apart in terms of salary. It's nothing out of the ordinary and no real conclusions can be made from a few separate cases.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
More importantly, Kossila is the guy brought in to replace Regin. Which is interesting. By far the biggest hole in the lineup now filled with the guy who can definitely work there and is Finnish. Great job overall. I love Regin but the way last season went this effectively has to be an upgrade despite being pretty much an unknown name in Europe or even Finland.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wallmark I think is in the class of the best players KHL teams can realistically get - ones that almost made it in the NHL, rely on skill, and ultimately just run out of patience with not being considered every-night players.

"Very important that he knows how to win in the playoffs" - Sochi coach after getting Hellberg. Kinda hilarious. Probably more hilarious than Hellberg signing with Sochi itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anton Babchuk

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Helberg to Sochi, Altonen to Vityaz' all the talented young players from Vityaz' to ska, this league is a f....disgrace. I think I have vomited.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Vityaz and Sochi are not SKA farms by the way :laugh: Well at least every player SKA took was mentioned in the breakout player thread so that one is working as intended.

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
According to media sources in Russia Nikita Gusev's career in the NHL is slowly coming to an end. Any chance to see him back in KHL?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He was on a fast track to the KHL before the addiction issues stalled his career so I think this was a very predictable move albeit one that happened over a somewhat delayed timeline. If his life went a bit differently he would have moved to the K in 2020 and a better team than Amur too.

Interestingly enough that whole situation started the train of consequences in which Petr Kvaca (Trinec's 3rd goalie at the start of the 19/20 season) is now on the very same KHL fast track.

Reactions: rohky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad