Kevyn Adams - New GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Adams these days were constantly presented with claims why he did not return Kahun, who could have earned 4 million in arbitration, why he did not return Larsson (maybe they wanted to), and Larsson himself confirmed that there was an interest. The answer is obvious - Taylor Hall.

Yeah considering they knew the pressure was on, it was prettt obvious , espically after hearing he wanted short term. It’s perfect fit for both parties

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Adams these days were constantly presented with claims why he did not return Kahun, who could have earned 4 million in arbitration, why he did not return Larsson (maybe they wanted to), and Larsson himself confirmed that there was an interest. The answer is obvious - Taylor Hall.
Again, he could have likely had Larsson and Kahun for the same price as Girgs as Eakin, so I don't know if thats the case. Its like originally when people said "you dont get skinner without moving ROR" which was shown to not quite be the case.

I don't know if the other moves can be rationalized by saying they were necessary for the Hall deal, and thats the mark of a good GM right? The good GM doesn't know they want Hall, everyone does, the good GM gets the good player while not sacrificing quality elsewhere.

Of course the moves I don't like are still TBD. Eakin and Girgs could tear it up and Larsson and Kahun could do nothing on their next teams. Just with the info we have now I'm not confident it will happen, but it always can.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Again, he could have likely had Larsson and Kahun for the same price as Girgs as Eakin, so I don't know if thats the case. Its like originally when people said "you dont get skinner without moving ROR" which was shown to not quite be the case.

I don't know if the other moves can be rationalized by saying they were necessary for the Hall deal, and thats the mark of a good GM right? The good GM doesn't know they want Hall, everyone does, the good GM gets the good player while not sacrificing quality elsewhere.

Of course the moves I don't like are still TBD. Eakin and Girgs could tear it up and Larsson and Kahun could do nothing on their next teams. Just with the info we have now I'm not confident it will happen, but it always can.
If Kahun goes to arbitration, then he could get 4 million, this is not the same thing. Why Larsson left, I do not know, but he confirmed that there was interest, albeit small. Maybe he asked for more money or didn't really want to return? I'm okay with Zemgus, although it seems that he was overpaid a little, but he had a good season. Eakin seems like an odd choice, but Krueger probably has some plan for Eakin.

I liked Adams from the beginning, although he has no experience, but he seems like a smart guy and seems to want this organization to flourish. I liked his draft. Great trade for 2C. Hall's signing of course is not only his merit and Krueger and Eichel's presence in the team played a big role, but it all happened under Adams. I hope he continues in the same spirit.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If Kahun goes to arbitration, then he could get 4 million, this is not the same thing. Why Larsson left, I do not know, but he confirmed that there was interest, albeit small. Maybe he asked for more money or didn't really want to return? I'm okay with Zemgus, although it seems that he was overpaid a little, but he had a good season. Eakin seems like an odd choice, but Krueger probably has some plan for Eakin.

I liked Adams from the beginning, although he has no experience, but he seems like a smart guy and seems to want this organization to flourish. I liked his draft. Great trade for 2C. Hall's signing of course is not only his merit and Krueger and Eichel's presence in the team played a big role, but it all happened under Adams. I hope he continues in the same spirit.
Ok so forget kahun for a moment, just Larry vs Girgs and Eakins. I know it might seem like a small deal but we saw the impact Larsson can have on the team. Losing that role could make a big difference and was not influenced by Hall, and choosing Eakins as the guy to replace him was not influenced by Hall.

Whether or not you think people's reactions to Larsson vs Eakins is rationale, it can't be seen as part of the plan for Hall and continues to have people questioning the this team's ability to identify bottom 6 guys. Maybe Ralph has a plan for Eakins. The same could be said when we got Frolik and Simmonds.

Reactions: Chainshot

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The Hall deal is a non-brainer since it's only one year and we have the cap. Good thing that he pulled it off but he needs to fix the hole left after Larsson and a goalie. Without those two pieces we'll be crushed anyway.

The Hall signing doesn't really make the rest of the moves any less weird.

I do like the Rieder signing.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
If the next move he makes is trading Risto for something of value/need will everyone change their tune on him?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The Hall signing doesn’t make the bad moves better.
Totally true but some people were acting like the off-season was over instead of just starting. The Eakins signing really rubbed me raw after letting Larsson walk but in terms of the whole picture it wasn't time to start judging the off-season.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Ideally they can find a way to keep Kahun on the team, but that's a dramatic change to the top 6 in the span of a week.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
The Hall deal is a non-brainer since it's only one year and we have the cap. Good thing that he pulled it off but he needs to fix the hole left after Larsson and a goalie. Without those two pieces we'll be crushed anyway.

The Hall signing doesn't really make the rest of the moves any less weird.

I do like the Rieder signing.
Eakin is REPLACING Larsson. Done.
There is not another move. Adams said he likes Eakin’s compete and he plays the game the right way. Who knows what Larsson was like off the ice or in the dressing room. Larsson was an average skater at best and provided very little offence. I’ll take my chances with Eakin. I agree 100 percent on a goalie.

Reactions: BananaSquad

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
There is not another move. Adams said he likes Eakin’s compete and he plays the game the right way. Who knows what Larsson was like off the ice or in the dressing room. Larsson was an average skater at best and provided very little offence. I’ll take my chances with Eakin. I agree 100 percent on a goalie.
Larsson is Drury Lite tho.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Eakin hasn't showed he is capable of playing the kind of role LOG has, so if he is replacing Larsson the role is different.

Reactions: brian_griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad