Kevyn Adams GM thread

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Calling that press conference performance "tone deaf" would be the understatement of the year.
*Purposely* tone deaf though. I love how he totally, and purposely misconstrued the question about Tuch.

“Are you worried Tuch is going to demand to be traded, or refuse to sign his next deal with Buffalo?”

“We never wanted to trade him, the media sucks for reporting that we did.”

That wasn’t the question bro

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
*Purposely* tone deaf though. I love how he totally, and purposely misconstrued the question about Tuch.

“Are you worried Tuch is going to demand to be traded, or refuse to sign his next deal with Buffalo?”

“We never wanted to trade him, the media sucks for reporting that we did.”

That wasn’t the question bro
It was like watching a pro wrestling heel with God-tier level psychology knowing exactly what to say to get nuclear heat from the fans.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
the new organizational task is getting top line forwards. Skinner is washed. Tuch is a 2nd line guy. Thompson is a big question mark. Cozens is far from it.

If our best forwards are scoring 55 points we’re not gonna be that good
A big part of whether someone is optimistic about the team is if you think those players previous 2 scoring seasons (Tage specifically) were out of the norm for them.

I see a team that all but minimized their own rush offense in which they were one of the best in the league, to slow games down and win 2-1 or 3-1.

This is not the personnel for that. Never has been.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
A big part of whether someone is optimistic about the team is if you think those players previous 2 scoring seasons (Tage specifically) were out of the norm for them.

I see a team that all but minimized their own rush offense in which they were one of the best in the league, to slow games down and win 2-1 or 3-1.

This is not the personnel for that. Never has been.
They weren’t one of the best in the league. They didn’t even qualify for the top half. Firewagon hockey doesn’t work. You need to be able to win the 2 1 3 1 games. I agree they do not have the personnel but management doesn’t seem to think that way. They do seem to think firewagon hockey isn’t the answer either. There is the rub.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
the only way that press conference could have been more tone deaf is if it ended with an ad for season tickets.

He spent a half an hour telling you they’re going to be bad again next year.

Reactions: BFLO

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
They weren’t one of the best in the league. They didn’t even qualify for the top half. Firewagon hockey doesn’t work. You need to be able to win the 2 1 3 1 games. I agree they do not have the personnel but management doesn’t seem to think that way. They do seem to think firewagon hockey isn’t the answer either. There is the rub.
If thats the case then they might as well start a rebuild again. Trade Thompson, Cozens, Peterka, Quinn and Dahlin. Try for the 3rd time and maybe in 10 more years we will have a playoff team.

At this point I would welcome that. This fanbase doesn't deserve a winner ever due to the toxicity that it emits. No matter the move they do, this fanbase craps on it.

Reactions: HOOats

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If thats the case then they might as well start a rebuild again. Trade Thompson, Cozens, Peterka, Quinn and Dahlin. Try for the 3rd time and maybe in 10 more years we will have a playoff team.

At this point I would welcome that. This fanbase doesn't deserve a winner ever due to the toxicity that it emits. No matter the move they do, this fanbase craps on it.
The toxicity might have to do with being the single biggest laughingstock in the history of the sport. They make the Fishstick Islanders look like the dynasty Islanders by comparison. But did you know this could all be changed using one very simple trick: fire the inept coaching staff and replace them with actual proven professionals with a track record of success.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
The toxicity might have to do with being the single biggest laughingstock in the history of the sport. They make the Fishstick Islanders look like the dynasty Islanders by comparison. But did you know this could all be changed using one very simple trick: fire the inept coaching staff and replace them with actual proven professionals with a track record of success.
It's funny how last season when they were high flying, scoring goals and came with in a point of making the playoffs everyone loved this team.

This season they take a step back, now they are no good. The toxicity is due to not giving this core a chance. I'm sure next season these guys will want out just like Eichel and the core before.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
It's funny how last season when they were high flying, scoring goals and came with in a point of making the playoffs everyone loved this team.

This season they take a step back, now they are no good. The toxicity is due to not giving this core a chance. I'm sure next season these guys will want out just like Eichel and the core before.
They weren’t flying high. They started off like arse and regressed to that mean and missed the playoffs. There is no core on a team that doesn’t win. You keep tweaking moving out those that do not help you win. When you win you can choose a core.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I refuse to believe he is that dumb

I do. Guy had too many concussions to count when he played

He does not have the mental capability to run a department any more. Same as most retired players.

A team that hires someone who never played before as coach and GM is going to run laps around the others just due to having fully functioning brains

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Dumb take. Yea, maybe the moves they make often suck…..hence the whole record breaking playoff drought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad