Kevyn Adams GM thread

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Does not deserve a fifth year. Didn’t deserve the fourth one. Because he didn’t take it seriously. The lack of consequences start with Adams. His weaknesses far outweighs his big strength of listening to scouts. f***ing promote a scout. No one could do worse. No one could do less.

No other pro organization would continue down this path. Not one. Even teams who were trying to tank the first two years wouldn’t continue with this lack of action and lack of results.

How many are still defending this? Are you going to do it again for year six? Where is your line?

Reactions: jd1970

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If (when) Adams brings back Granato it should count as a massive strike against him. It should count as his second time choosing a coach. It’s so obvious that a change is needed that not making one should tie directly to Adams’s own future. And he shouldn’t get to pick a third time when it goes sideways again and blows another season.

I’m positive that Ellis is still here to be the one they execute when the season ends. Granato should be gone. Adams should to. But they’ll keep themselves insulated. And it should be seen through completely. Keeping Granato is a mistake. An obvious and preventable one by GM who can’t make any more mistakes. There should be consequences when he does.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If (when) Adams brings back Granato it should count as a massive strike against him. It should count as his second time choosing a coach. It’s so obvious that a change is needed that not making one should tie directly to Adams’s own future. And he shouldn’t get to pick a third time when it goes sideways again and blows another season.

I’m positive that Ellis is still here to be the one they execute when the season ends. Granato should be gone. Adams should to. But they’ll keep themselves insulated. And it should be seen through completely. Keeping Granato is a mistake. An obvious and preventable one by GM who can’t make any more mistakes. There should be consequences when he does.
Whether Granato stays or goes is highly unlikely to be a Kevyn Adams only decision. And regardless of what you, or any other fan or media member, thinks, the only opinion on both Adams and Granato that really matters is Terry Pegula's opinion.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
GMKA and Snowballs aren't going anywhere. I would hope that Granato is forced to get new assistants (Ellis is the sacrificial lamb, deservedly so) and that Donnie has a very short leash for next season. Not showing results by early November... gone.

If GMKA had the support and budget, he would back the Brinks truck up to Brind'Amour's house and offer the highest salary in the history of coaches (50M, 5 years). And as a good will measure, buyout Skinner.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
GMKA and Snowballs aren't going anywhere. I would hope that Granato is forced to get new assistants (Ellis is the sacrificial lamb, deservedly so) and that Donnie has a very short leash for next season. Not showing results by early November... gone.

If GMKA had the support and budget, he would back the Brinks truck up to Brind'Amour's house and offer the highest salary in the history of coaches (50M, 5 years). And as a good will measure, buyout Skinner.
The rumors in Carolina are that RBA has agreed to a new deal with the Canes and he is just waiting for the Canes to take care of his assistants before signing it. I think Adams would love to have RBA here. I just don't see that being a realistic option even if Pegula gave Adams a blank check.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
The rumors in Carolina are that RBA has agreed to a new deal with the Canes and he is just waiting for the Canes to take care of his assistants before signing it. I think Adams would love to have RBA here. I just don't see that being a realistic option even if Pegula gave Adams a blank check.
There's always a number that gets it done, but no way would Terry pay that much. Agreed on the lack of realism.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
There's always a number that gets it done, but no way would Terry pay that much. Agreed on the lack of realism.
RBA loves it in Carolina and loves coaching the Canes. Until that situation changes and there is a huge change of heart by RBA and a divorce between RBA and the Canes, it's not even worth discussing, IMO.

And if RBA is out there and is looking to be a coach outside of Carolina, I think his relationship with Adams and if RBA feels like Adams is a GM that could build a winner would be more important than how much money Pegula would offer up.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If this slug isn't immediately canned on the 16th, the owner officially doesn't care about our franchise.
Well, then, I guess the owner officially doesn't care about HIS franchise. Because there will be more moves with the roster, and multiple firings of coaches (assistant and head coaches) before the GM is at risk of being fired due to with the reason of why Adams was hired in the first place. You're probably looking at Adams having his seat start to warm, at the soonest half-way through the 27-28 season, especially if the teams hovers around where they are.

Assistant Coaches may be let go after this year, giving Granato another chance with a different staff. If they continue to falter, Granato would then be let go next, and Adams choice for 2nd coach would be given a chance. He would be given probably 1.5 to 2 seasons of time to "correct the ship", and then if that continues to not change things, then Adams is up next for the finger blame.

Of course, with Pegula, and how easily swayed he can be, an outside force might disrupt things sooner, but I don't see anything change drastically at the end of this season.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Well, then, I guess the owner officially doesn't care about HIS franchise. Because there will be more moves with the roster, and multiple firings of coaches (assistant and head coaches) before the GM is at risk of being fired due to with the reason of why Adams was hired in the first place. You're probably looking at Adams having his seat start to warm, at the soonest half-way through the 27-28 season, especially if the teams hovers around where they are.

Assistant Coaches may be let go after this year, giving Granato another chance with a different staff. If they continue to falter, Granato would then be let go next, and Adams choice for 2nd coach would be given a chance. He would be given probably 1.5 to 2 seasons of time to "correct the ship", and then if that continues to not change things, then Adams is up next for the finger blame.

Of course, with Pegula, and how easily swayed he can be, an outside force might disrupt things sooner, but I don't see anything change drastically at the end of this season.
Retaining a coach everyone in the world knows has to go Nan’s every organization that isn’t tanking would have moved months ago IS A f***ING SECOND CHOICE AT COACH. Decisions need consequences. Bringing back Granato is a decision. It had to f***ing count

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Retaining a coach everyone in the world knows has to go Nan’s every organization that isn’t tanking would have moved months ago IS A f***ING SECOND CHOICE AT COACH. Decisions need consequences. Bringing back Granato is a decision. It had to f***ing count
Trust me, I don't want Granato. My comments are just what I think will happen, not necessarily what I want.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Tick, tock, tick, tock....

You're next bro. Maybe as soon as this weekend.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Tick, tock, tick, tock....

You're next bro. Maybe as soon as this weekend.
What are you basing this on?

He is trusted and well like by Pegula. He (Adams) is also the one who sold the owner on the rebuild and doing it from within. It would come with an understanding that there wouldn’t be playoffs for a few years. From what this front office set out to do, this season was the first failure.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Glad to be wrong for the coaching part, for now. Their coaching hire is obviously TBD.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I'm just saying, no one knows who makes the decisions in Buffalo. Anyone saying they know is just guessing.

Right.

Who would be surprised if Pegula is involved with every step of the head coaching search and has the final say?

Anyone?

I’m glad Granato’s gone but I still remain very skeptical the right moves will be made going forward because of ownerahip.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
John Warwow continues to ask the most complicated, over extended questions.

Love how Kevyn is giving it back to him also.

Glad to hear this answer from him.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
There's no way Adams can go into next season with a similar roster after what he's saying up there right now.

kevyn is f***ing spitting right now

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
When asked about trying to become a harder team to play against

"bottom 6 can have more of an identity"- Adams

I like what I m hearing from KA but he needs to actually do it

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino