Kevin Stevens arrested on drug distribution charges

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Seems like this could be the end of his sad saga. If these charges stick, he's going to jail for a long time:

Ex-hockey star Kevin Stevens charged with drug offense

Famed former pro hockey player Kevin Stevens, who was raised in Massachusetts and won the Stanley Cup twice with the Pittsburgh Penguins, was charged in federal court Thursday with conspiring to sell oxycodone.

Stevens, 51, of Pembroke, and another man, Christopher Alonardo, who is in his late 40s, from Medford, are charged with conspiracy and possession with intent to distribute oxycodone around the fall of 2015, according to court records.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
One moment totally derailed the guy's life. Sad really. But he has had plenty of time to turn it around after previous incidents.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
It's a conspiracy charge so he may get off a little easier. That said, prescription pills are becoming a global nightmare. I won't get too much into it but it's getting a bit crazy how easily they're obtained as well as the amount of people who are hooked has skyrocketed.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I hold him responsible for Kevin Steven's behavior. At least he got the NHL's equivalent of being "posterized" (dunked on) by being a part of the Mario Lemieux statue outside the CEC.

Idk if that's a tongue in cheek joke or something but ultimately everyone is responsible for their own actions.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Depends how much they were trying to move. Plus it's just conspiring. If it's a first offense it could just be small charges.

Stevens does have a history of drug abuse though, and was arrested in 2000 on drug-related charges (as well as solicitation), and was in the NHL's substance abuse program for a while. Don't think the charges went anywhere, or even if it would make a difference here, but it is not his first run-in with illegal substances.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I hold him responsible for Kevin Steven's behavior. At least he got the NHL's equivalent of being "posterized" (dunked on) by being a part of the Mario Lemieux statue outside the CEC.

are you actually familiar with the play or have you just read Pens fans account of it? Maybe you need to watch the video posted above...

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
Has anyone gone down hill like he did so badly after a facial injury? I'm he had a serious concussion along with everything else. Did he mess up his nose and have to switch to smoking? I'm trying to be a jerk, but people act like it obviously makes sense that he was never the same after that injury, but it really doesn't.

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
Are you guys sure that hit explains it all?

He had a great season in 93-94 and a good (though injury shortened) season in 94-95, and he actually played well when he was traded back to Pittsburgh in 2000-01. It seems like he was only good in Pittsburgh for some reason.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Prescription pain meds are scary stuff. I'm a big guy (6'6" 230) and when I had my wisdom teeth out two years ago, the surgeon wrote me a prescription for Percocet, because he wasn't sure if just Advil and Tylenol would cut it for someone of my size.

I filled the prescription, but wound up not taking a single one, because of the addiction horror stories I had heard of. Pain was surprisingly not even that bad anyway.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Actually, many states treat conspiracy crimes with harsher penalties than attempt crimes and even some choate crimes. It's kind of a quirk in American jurisprudence that I think gained steam during the rise of organized crime, but it's still around in most jurisdictions, largely justified by the idea that if you're going to the length of planning a crime and recruiting people to join you, you're a more significant criminal threat than some blokes who just decide to sell some drugs on the side.

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
What a shame, Stevens was a very good player, especially on the Pens when he was fortunate to play with Lemieux. My fondest memory of him will always be him and Trottier giving it to Bellows from the bench lol.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Are you guys sure that hit explains it all?

He had a great season in 93-94 and a good (though injury shortened) season in 94-95, and he actually played well when he was traded back to Pittsburgh in 2000-01. It seems like he was only good in Pittsburgh for some reason.

mario-lemieux.jpg

I'm hoping this was sarcastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad