Player Discussion Kevin Shattenkirk

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The fact that it was discussed after the season was over and it was said they would rely on those guys less, and that Gorton explicitly said that Shattenkirk is here to play top 4 minutes.

I mean I"m purely speculating but reading between the lines it feels like the team and AV knows that he ****ed up in the playoffs with the defensive deployment and it feels like there's a bit of an implied threat looming in the air when it comes to running the defense this year.

Definitely, add replacement of the defensive assistant coach. Very strong signal to AV to get with the program.

A bit of a side note. I'd love to bring Gonchar here in some capacity. I believe he's a big reason that Pens largely no name defensive group performed as well as they did.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Our coach "lost" our best defensive pair in a game.

Our coach put Tanner Glass out there to protect a lead.

Our coach consistently put marc staal out there to close out close games...we blew how many late game leads? 3?

What on earth makes you think that something other than the catastrophically stupid decision will be made?

I don't think any other decision will be made. I'm one of the biggest AV bashers on here.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If you think Staal will be used by AV the same way you purposely ignore what transpired since the season end. If AV is just as ignorant he will not survive as the HC the upcoming season.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If you think Staal will be used by AV the same way you purposely ignore what transpired since the season end. If AV is just as ignorant he will not survive as the HC the upcoming season.

Yeah that's pretty much my point. There seem to be signs pointing to management not being terribly happy with how things worked out at the end of last year and the implied threat is that if AV doesn't change how he handles the defense then he won't be head coach for long.

You don't want the GM trying to coach the team himself but it is their job to evaluate the coach and either work with them to make changes or to replace them if necessary. After the "I lost them on the bench" fiasco I think it's completely fair to send the message of "that was a mistake that you need to fix"

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Are we ignoring what transpired at season's end when Staal was on the ice to protect a last second lead literally two games ago?

I fully expect Prometheus to play Staal more minutes than Skjei.

If that means he gets fired, then he'll just run himself off a cliff and get fired. He's the most stubborn man in the world.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah that's pretty much my point. There seem to be signs pointing to management not being terribly happy with how things worked out at the end of last year and the implied threat is that if AV doesn't change how he handles the defense then he won't be head coach for long.

You don't want the GM trying to coach the team himself but it is their job to evaluate the coach and either work with them to make changes or to replace them if necessary. After the "I lost them on the bench" fiasco I think it's completely fair to send the message of "that was a mistake that you need to fix"

What? Why do you guys fill in so much unknown detail?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He looks good in a Rangers uniform.

Natural.

Also, the new Adidas jerseys look good on an actual body. Obviously will look different with pads and everything, but I like them.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Shatty is even more bald than I am! He does have the same random spot of hair up front just like me.

Anyway, he looks good in Rangers blue.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
He looks good in a Rangers uniform.

Natural.

Also, the new Adidas jerseys look good on an actual body. Obviously will look different with pads and everything, but I like them.

Yes, I agree. He also looks happy, as if he's glowing. I like it. :yo:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I can't recall a player coming here in better circumstances and saying/doing more of the right things than he has.

I really hope he brings it on the ice. He can be a classic ranger if he plays well and especially if they won with him on this nice deal.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I can't recall a player coming here in better circumstances and saying/doing more of the right things than he has.

I really hope he brings it on the ice. He can be a classic ranger if he plays well and especially if they won with him on this nice deal.

He is going to be a huge upgrade and is going to give it his all. Playing for the Rangers really means a lot to him.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
If his first slap-shot from the point ends up not being blocked, I'll go ****ing ape ****. Getting hyped for the new season. Got two papers to write but after that it's back to Rangers hockey!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
only like 2 more months until training camp, 3 more months until the season starts, woo

Been finding myself less excited about hockey the past couple of seasons, maybe just more stuff going on, maybe just tired of the downslide of the team, but the revamped defense looks like it could be a lot of fun so I'm excited again. New faces are fun I guess

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
only like 2 more months until training camp, 3 more months until the season starts, woo

Been finding myself less excited about hockey the past couple of seasons, maybe just more stuff going on, maybe just tired of the downslide of the team, but the revamped defense looks like it could be a lot of fun so I'm excited again. New faces are fun I guess

I feel the same way. For some reason my interest has dipped a bit over the past few years. It really started when I began my full time job, it just ends up taking up a lot of time.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
This looks like Christmas morning snapshots after he opened up a Nintendo 64.

Beautiful. That is a sick jersey. The legend of #22 lives on~

This is also true. We've now had four players wear this number since 2010. And two had the same last name!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad