Injury Report: Kevin Shattenkirk Meniscus Tear. Out indefinitely.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Does AVs style of play cause more injuries or something? Ive never seen the Rangers have so much trouble staying healthy.
Yes, it`s his north/south hockey, and don`t keep the possession system can take a toll on anyone. :)
I`m just waiting for Julien to get released from his contract by the Canadians since they are rebuilding, and if they move Max Pacioretty before deadline - it`s an ideal coach candidate for us Rangers. ))

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Just in time for the road trip against the western powers.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This explains a lot and maybe even explains the reluctance to put him on the top pair with those tough mins.

Guy absolutely lit it up the first 20 something games then just has fallen off a cliff. Big time loss here.

Will AV give DeAngelo those pp mins? Will be interesting to see.

member 116805

Not really, we have just been luckier than other teams most years.

Perhaps. Perhaps we've just been lucky in past years and that's how it feels so bad.
But, were got our 1st line wing out, 2/3 rd line center, and now our ppqb. Earlier we missed our 1st line center and our workhorse in Fast. I don't feel like we've been lucky, lol

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
OMFG.. Kreider, Staal, Hayes, Shattenkirk... :ha:
TDL will be interesting.

Time for ADA .. now he will show his value

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Perhaps. Perhaps we've just been lucky in past years and that's how it feels so bad.
But, were got our 1st line wing out, 2/3 rd line center, and now our ppqb. Earlier we missed our 1st line center and our workhorse in Fast. I don't feel like we've been lucky, lol
We have consistently been one of the least injured teams in recent seasons. That wasn't going to last forever.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Oh come on. He "didn't want to disappoint a lot of people"????

That's a piss poor excuse. I get that something like a meniscus issue isn't super critical if you're feeling some pain every now and then and unsure if there is even a tear at all. But if you're at the point where you're taking multiple injections to counteract the pain and whatnot, and you've been battling through it since September, it gets beyond the point where "Well, it was his decision."

Reactions: Ail

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I know a lot of people are hoping this is the catalyst for selling, but I still don't know if I see that happening if this team is in a playoff spot.

If the injuries push them team into a bit of a spiral, it's more likely. But we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: Claxton

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC

That's a piss poor excuse. I get that something like a meniscus issue isn't super critical if you're feeling some pain every now and then and unsure if there is even a tear at all. But if you're at the point where you're taking multiple injections to counteract the pain and whatnot, and you've been battling through it since September, it gets beyond the point where "Well, it was his decision."

September?

What did he do in the offseason to injure it?

Or was he damaged goods when he was traded to Washington last spring?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Shattenkirk is one of the few players we can replace in our farm system. I still don`t understand why we signed him if he was injured too, because he looked injured in the last year playoffs with the Caps when they played against the Pens.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

It's not an excuse, it's just the reality. He wanted to play and could play through it until now. What is so hard to understand about that?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I know a lot of people are hoping this is the catalyst for selling, but I still don't know if I see that happening if this team is in a playoff spot.

If the injuries push them team into a bit of a spiral, it's more likely. But we'll have to wait and see.
This upcoming road trip will likely be huge in their decisions going forward.

Reactions: Siddi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad