Injury Report: Kevin Klein - Post #1 For All Updates: Klein says he's good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
I see no reason to play Dylan McIlrath over Hunwick at this point. Hunwick knows the system and is a serviceable #6 guy. I know it would be nice to see where he's at, but now isn't the time.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Um... Don't they have plenty of space available due to LTIR?

At least until Lundqvist gets back they'll have enough romm to recall anybody. And he won't be back this weekend. And if Klein is out for longer and can be put on LTIR, replacing him won't be an issue either.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I see no reason to play Dylan McIlrath over Hunwick at this point. Hunwick knows the system and is a serviceable #6 guy. I know it would be nice to see where he's at, but now isn't the time.

This is about as good a time as any. We're very firmly in a playoff spot.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC

He's also a LD. We're thin on the right side, which is where McI naturally slots in.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
McIlrath looked like absolute garbage earlier in the season. Don't want him anywhere near this team right now. Hunwick is much more serviceable during this time, and will be the one called on to play in Klein's (potential) absence.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I think it makes sense to give McIlrath a few games and give him 15 minutes or so. Really let him play a few games to get a good look at him. You aren't going to get the best look when he's paired with Mike Kostka...

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
No need to disgrace our lineup with McIlrath. Hunwick has been decent and if you want a righty, Koskta has at least proven to be an NHL player.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
What are people talking about McIlrath like this for? Does anybody watch the guy?

He's grown a lot since his last stint, and he naturally plays the right side. Hunwick doesn't play the right and is a marginal defender on his natural side.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
What are people talking about McIlrath like this for? Does anybody watch the guy?

He's grown a lot since his last stint, and he naturally plays the right side. Hunwick doesn't play the right and is a marginal defender on his natural side.

Yeah, some of these remarks regarding him are pretty offbase and hilarious.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
McIlrath looked like absolute garbage earlier in the season. Don't want him anywhere near this team right now. Hunwick is much more serviceable during this time, and will be the one called on to play in Klein's (potential) absence.

That was literally more than 4 months ago and he saw limited ice time. I watched Hartford this weekend and save for one shift against Manchester, he was pretty ****ing awesome. Much better than where he was even just a month ago.

If this is going to be a short term thing then it doesn't really make sense to call him up but if Klein will be out 2+ weeks, I want to see McI get a few games in. Doesn't have to be every game, but an extended look to see how he matches up against NHL competition in the heat of a playoff race can give the organization a pretty good idea of where he stands in terms of NHL readiness.

I'd be lying if I didn't wish he was in the game yesterday. The "deterrent" didn't deter Wilson from running around like an idiot, McIlrath at the least would have kicked the crap out of him.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

All I hear is about how hes grown and how hes improved, yet every game he has actually played in the NHL he has stuck out like a sore thumb.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
People still blindly hating on McIlrath based on the three NHL games they've seen him play. Excellent. I'd advise everyone to take in a Wolf Pack game or two, or check out the Wolf Pack thread. McIlrath has grown by leaps and bounds this season. Which is totally weird for a kid who has spent most of his prime development years injured until this season. Who'd have thunk it? :dunno:

Either way, this discussion doesn't really matter as it does not appear the Rangers have the cap space for another body. They're already using Lundqvist's stint on LTIR to afford Skapski...

Good thing we traded for Sheppard so he can sit in the press box for Glass. At least we got SJ to retain $100K :naughty:

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Hunwick has been with the team the entire year, and has played decently. So yeah, he's going to be in the lineup. Its not an insult to Mcilrath, its just stating the obvious.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
“@NYP_Brooksie: If Klein is out a while, Rangers will have to go with 6 D at least for immediate future due to cap issues.â€

Not going to be able to call up McI it would seem even if they wanted to.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Yeah, some of these remarks regarding him are pretty offbase and hilarious.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but by both sides, those who want him up and who don't want him recalled. Both are exaggerating the truth.

Hopefully Klein isn't out long, but Hunwick is fine for now.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
“@NYP_Brooksie: If Klein is out a while, Rangers will have to go with 6 D at least for immediate future due to cap issues.â€

Which isn't true at least as long as Hank is on LTIR or if Klein goes on LTIR.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

As ,long as Lundqvist is on LTIR, they can call McIlrath up, if they choose. Might not be a bad idea to see what they have before the playoffs start

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Really hope he can get back by the playoffs..

Part of what makes us so good is the depth that we can throw out there from pairing to pairing.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
This is the ideal time for McIlrath to get called up. Security with a playoff spot, Yandle would be his partner which IMO couldn't be a better fit for a third line pairing.

This, besides next camp should be his last two shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad