Injury Report: Kevin Klein - Post #1 For All Updates: Klein says he's good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
“@NYP_Brooksie: This can't be good: Klein going back to NY to be examined by team physicians after blocking Ovechkin shot with left arm at 19:41 of 3d.â€

No way is he playing against Buffalo anyway. Rangers are back home against the Cats the next day. If it was a break would he have to continue to be examined?

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
No way is he playing against Buffalo anyway. Rangers are back home against the Cats the next day. If it was a break would he have to continue to be examined?

Considering NYC is on the way to Buffalo and there was probably no way he was playing against the Sabres, I don't see this development as the end of days just yet. I'd take the news worse if they were in the middle of a West Coast road trip and they sent him home. I'm definitely not optimistic though.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The look on his face right after he skated off the ice said it all. He looked very concerned.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I just wanted to ask where the rest of the team went if not NY?

Field trip

The Rangers do not have a practice today but they do have a team activity scheduled.

Vigneault said the Rangers would visit the U.S. Secret Service James J. Rowley Training Center in Laurel, Md. It will be a hands-on experience for the players.

"The whole kit and caboodle," Vigneault said.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/hockey/rangers/rangers-notes-kevin-klein-has-x-rays-1.1287504

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'd hope they call up McI over playing a 7th guy on his off side.

I'd much rather give McI a chance against Buffalo to see where he is in terms of readiness. Besides, if he's going to play the stay at home game, a mobile Yandle would be a good partner.

Last edited:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
McIlrath will be recalled if K2 is out for an extended period. He might not play every night, but Kostka blew any shot he had of being a recall and McIlrath makes the most sense. Could be a huge thing for the kid as he's really made a giant leap forward in Hartford since the new year.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
McI won't find a better game or position to come into than playing with Yandle against Buffalo if that does actually happen.

The Beezer

Jan 24, 2010
Jersey
“@NYP_Brooksie: This can't be good: Klein going back to NY to be examined by team physicians after blocking Ovechkin shot with left arm at 19:41 of 3d.â€

Technically speaking, wasn't the whole team going back to NY? Its not like they were in LA on the first day of a trip and he was coming back.

(Someone beat me too it) :shakehead:shakehead

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: #NYR Injury Update: Kevin Klein has returned to New York to meet with team physician after blocking shot last night”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: So, expect to see Matt Hunwick in Buffalo on Saturday and presumably Sunday at home vs. Florida. Has played 40 games this season.”

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Klein is the defenseman I have the least problems with getting hurt, honestly..

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I really hate this blocking shots crap. I know this was more of a flukey thing, but man, you employ a goalie for a reason!

The saving grace is that it was a wrister and not a slapper. OV can really bring it though, and when it comes to a bone injury, all it really takes is the puck to be oriented a certain way or for it to hit just the right spot - the speed of the shot is almost secondary. Hoping this is something that will heal relatively quickly.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Klein is the defenseman I have the least problems with getting hurt, honestly..

Even less than Girardi? After the acquisition of Yandle, I'd say Boyle would be the "least impactful" injury. Klein has regressed a bit since the ASB but he's still been mostly steady. I'm not OK with him being out long-term at all.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: Klein back to NY. Rangers in DC through Friday's practice before flying to Buffalo for Saturday game.â€

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: If Klein is out a while, Rangers will have to go with 6 D at least for immediate future due to cap issues.”

**** me.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
“@stevezipay: So, expect to see Matt Hunwick in Buffalo on Saturday and presumably Sunday at home vs. Florida. Has played 40 games this season.â€

I'd really wish they gave McIlrath a shot. By all reports he's been much improved and this is about as good a situation as it gets for him.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Even less than Girardi? After the acquisition of Yandle, I'd say Boyle would be the "least impactful" injury. Klein has regressed a bit since the ASB but he's still been mostly steady. I'm not OK with him being out long-term at all.

He's regressed a lot actually........he played great in December but totally fell off since then, and is back to being a bottom pair defenseman.

We need more Boyle like players........not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad