Value of: Kevin Hayes to The Toronto Maple Leafs

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Good good, that Zaitsev contract is brutal. I don't think I realized just how bad that is until every leafs fan on the planet keeps offering him.

Only way I take that contract is if it comes with something truly amazing
What's funny is a year ago some of them were pumping him up as a top 4 for years to come.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Leafs don't have a reliable 4C, and need someone to play up and down the lineup come playoff time.

one of kadri/nylander moves to centre and you plug hayes at 3C.

What do people expect them to have at 4C? A 20 goal scorer? It's called a 4th line for a reason. Gauthier is doing just fine. Center depth is the very least of the Leafs' problems. I suggest people take a look at the 4th line C on pretty much every team in the league before inventing a problem that Toronto doesn't have.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Dubas proceeds to trade for Hayes them re-sign him right away to a longterm contract at just under $8 million per year.
Marner and his agent goes ballistic.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Are Rangers adding and is Nylander coming to NY to be 1RW bookend with Kreider?
Hayes at half
Skjei
DeAngelo
McQuaid
TB's 2nd late if there = conditional last 1st if Bolts win Cup

for
Nylander
Liljigren
Marincin

didn't do the math but that looks ballpark = cap
remember Nylander at 10.x rate this year, 6.9 going forward

Also gives Leafs FO to zing Nylander for holding out so long

-----------------------

if not Nylander package, then
competition likely requires something like
Hayes at half expiring
for
1st + Lilj minimum + maybe Kapanen

Thanks for the early comedy show

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kevin Hayes is a good player, we don't need Kevin Haye, Kadri will be back and then our top 3 centers are solid, we do a 4th line guy because Gauthier and Lindholm provide NOTHING

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
For
No need for Hayes, well take Kreider though

Offer for Kreider.....I don't want to see Bracco, Brown or Zaitsev in the offer. Unless it is Vasily Zaitsev, the Russian Sniper from WWII who killed 34 German soldiers at the battle of Stalingrad. That guy can play a hell of a D.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Kevin Hayes is a good player, we don't need Kevin Haye, Kadri will be back and then our top 3 centers are solid, we do a 4th line guy because Gauthier and Lindholm provide NOTHING
What do you mean provide nothing? It looks to me when I watch the games that they are constantly forechecking and cycling the puck in the offensive zone. They seem to be doing a decent job with the limited time they get. Are you looking for production.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What do you mean provide nothing? It looks to me when I watch the games that they are constantly forechecking and cycling the puck in the offensive zone. They seem to be doing a decent job with the limited time they get. Are you looking for production.

I get they are 4th line guys but they have to give you SOMETHING, it's been 50+ games since Lindholm scored a goal, I don't care that he's a 4th line guy that is unacceptable teams need 4 lines that can chip in you can't have a guy going 50+ games without a goal you just can't .

Gauthier has 2 goals in 51 games that is NOT good enough even for a 4th line

Last edited:

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Are Rangers adding and is Nylander coming to NY to be 1RW bookend with Kreider?
Hayes at half
Skjei
DeAngelo
McQuaid
TB's 2nd late if there = conditional last 1st if Bolts win Cup

for
Nylander
Liljigren
Marincin

didn't do the math but that looks ballpark = cap
remember Nylander at 10.x rate this year, 6.9 going forward

Also gives Leafs FO to zing Nylander for holding out so long

-----------------------

if not Nylander package, then
competition likely requires something like
Hayes at half expiring
for
1st + Lilj minimum + maybe Kapanen

Oooof. I wouldn't do that 2nd deal if Hayes was locked up for 8 years a 1 mill and you want it for a UFA?

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
For

Offer for Kreider.....I don't want to see Bracco, Brown or Zaitsev in the offer. Unless it is Vasily Zaitsev, the Russian Sniper from WWII who killed 34 German soldiers at the battle of Stalingrad. That guy can play a hell of a D.
Liljigren, Brown, 2020 3rd
(Brown is there, but not the main piece)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Oooof. I wouldn't do that 2nd deal if Hayes was locked up for 8 years a 1 mill and you want it for a UFA?

Yeah.
I mean McQuaid I'm flexible you want or not, supposedly it is on the boards you have interest.

But the rest of it, you are looking at extended contract Skjei and rfa years on DeAngelo.
So setting aside the rental indulgence of Hayes, that is long term value for long term value.

Helps facilitate Gardiner for futures
adds quality RD you also supposedly searching for
Hainsey is older expiring UFA

And there is a need to repurpose some of the pivot C so it goes to balance of roster.

Yes, I consider it worthwhile for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad