Proposal: Kevin Hayes to St. Louis

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hayes was wing turned center...
Hayes is 100% a Center at this point in his career.

He’s played some wing during his tenure here in NY but he’s always looked, off there.

Hayes likes to control the puck and set up plays. He has a terrific IQ and rarely puts himself out of position defensively.

He’s become an ideal 2C that produces offensively and plays a hard, blue collar, 200 foot game.

If we weren’t rebuilding I’d love to keep Hayes here in NY. Nothing but respect for him.

Reactions: bl02

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Crazy how the Blues went from talking about top 3 pick and selling off some of their "vets" to possibly going very far in the playoffs if they acquire someone like Hayes
Binnington has been sparkling. Petri is healthy. The whole team is rejuvenated.

3 shutouts in a row. Nobody wants to play them right now. They’re clicking in all areas.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Binnington has been sparkling. Petri is healthy. The whole team is rejuvenated.

3 shutouts in a row. Nobody wants to play them right now. They’re clicking in all areas.

I am going to the game on Tuesday. In December when we talked about going my buddy thought it was going to be a shit show. Now it's going to be tremendous exciting game

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Oh come on now. This is the 6th game I will have been too and we have only lost 1. So I am current 4 -1 not bad
Just givin ya shit. Blues seem to own the Leafs, but they've got to be running out if gas and the leafs just got embarrassed by the Yotes

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I am going to the game on Tuesday. In December when we talked about going my buddy thought it was going to be a **** show. Now it's going to be tremendous exciting game

St. Louis is an easy team to root for as an outsider.

The 7, 671, 455.03% turnaround to their season when everyone was writing them off is a great recipe for a Cinderella story.

*Edited because of beer*

Numbers now make sense.

Last edited:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Just givin ya ****. Blues seem to own the Leafs, but they've got to be running out if gas and the leafs just got embarrassed by the Yotes

I really hope they win and kick the crap out of them. There were a lot of smug azz leaf fans who got bitter during the petro parayko to leaf threads. We would say no they would say well your team sucks needs a shake up. Lol

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I really hope they win and kick the crap out of them. There were a lot of smug azz leaf fans who got bitter during the petro parayko to leaf threads. We would say no they would say well your team sucks needs a shake up. Lol
Bah, it's only a handful. Most leaf fans are enjoyable

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
St. Louis is an easy team to root for as an outsider.

The 360 turnaround to their season when everyone was writing them off is a great recipe for a Cinderella story.
I hope it's not a 360° turn around :laugh:

180°:thumbu:

Reactions: Kupo

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
The Blues season is one for the roller coaster record book. What would it take to get Hayes in the Blue note?

If he’s traded, the package starts with a 1st but the Blues don’t own one in the 2019 draft.

I’m sure there’s Blues fans that do not want to make any trades. Certainly an argument can be made if the Blues can win 9 in a row then don’t rock the mojo with a trade. I’m not debating if they should or shouldn’t. I’m simply interested in what it would take from the Blues to get him.

My personal guess is a 2020 1st + good prospect + young roster player. The adds might be a little higher since the 1st is in 2020.

I don’t think Armstrong makes the deal unless he knows Hayes will resign. If the deal is a trade with an extension in place I’m not sure how much it raises the price tag.

The main reason for acquiring Hayes is to fill the weakness at 2C. Bozak is fine at 3C but he’s just not skilled enough to be an everyday 2C. Bozak could then be traded in the offseason and allow Thomas to settle in as the 3C.

Hayes for 2020 1st + Kostin + someone like Sanford or Barbashev is my best guess.
With the emergence of the Schenn O'Reilly Tarasenko line, there is definitely a need for 2C. I'm just not sure we have the ammunition to make a big trade.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
With the emergence of the Schenn O'Reilly Tarasenko line, there is definitely a need for 2C. I'm just not sure we have the ammunition to make a big trade.
I'd rather Thomas get spotted in. They should have been doing that in the 3rd periods of the last 3 games

Reactions: Mike Liut

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You do. Hayes would shine on your 2nd line.

You just aren’t willing to part with the necessary assets for him because like most ppl on these boards, including myself, You don’t like the idea of moving young, cost controlled assets with high ceilings for rentals.

Sather did that for a good decade and literally *****ed what should have been a true rebuild in NY.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
You do. Hayes would shine on your 2nd line.

You just aren’t willing to part with the necessary assets for him because like most ppl on these boards, including myself, You don’t like the idea of moving young, cost controlled assets with high ceilings for rentals.

Sather did that for a good decade and literally *****ed what should have been a true rebuild in NY.
History shows paying 1sts or top prospects for rentals is rarely good idea. Hayes would be fine addition but unless came with reasonable extension would be hesitant to pay rumored price.

Reactions: Kupo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad