Kevin Fiala, reborn (23 points in last 10 games)

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I remember watching the Preds in the playoffs years ago before I was in to prospects and thinking "WHO THE HECK IS THIS FIALA GUY". He was easily the flashiest guy on the ice for the Preds that game and I was surprised to see his point totals were so low when I looked him up. It's cool to see Kevin Fiala, reborn
FYI he also played sub-putrid, lazy defense in a 3rd/4th line role. But yeah he’s so skilled, and Minnesota is using his skills well

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
FYI he also played sub-putrid, lazy defense in a 3rd/4th line role. But yeah he’s so skilled, and Minnesota is using his skills well
He is a ferocious forechecker, a puck thief in the neutral zone, plays a decent defensive game in the D zone, and is on the PK. I mean, he's no Mark Stone, but he is well above average without the puck for an offensive winger.
I do think he has changed his game after being benched by Boudreau, and later Evason, early on.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
most impressive thing to me about Fiala on his game is how strong he is. really doesn't look like he should be but he outmuscles people all the time when he's on.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He is a ferocious forechecker, a puck thief in the neutral zone, plays a decent defensive game in the D zone, and is on the PK. I mean, he's no Mark Stone, but he is well above average without the puck for an offensive winger.
I do think he has changed his game after being benched by Boudreau, and later Evason, early on.

He's improved by leaps and bounds defensively and away from the puck in his time here. Even his decision making is getting better.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's improved by leaps and bounds defensively and away from the puck in his time here. Even his decision making is getting better.
Yup. Helps that he finally has someone to play with....having Boldy around has allowed to him to relax and not do everything himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad