Kevin Dineen and coaching staff fired!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
So, who is going to coach the AHL squad?

Bummer for the Rampage.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Peter Horachek, new coach of the #FlaPanthers, coached the AHL San Antonio Rampage for a few weeks after being asst for #Preds

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 1m
Fired #FlaPanthers coach Kevin Dineen getting out of Ottawa ASAP. hope to have something from him and fired assts Craig Ramsay/Gord Murphy

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 6m
#FlaPanthers have fired Kevin Dineen and coaching staff...John Madden and Brian Skrudland will assist San Antonio coach Peter Horachek

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Weber again in the AHL. House did need to cleaned. I'm guessing this is an interim leadership until a more perm solution.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Well glad they cleaned house if Dineen was getting canned.

Now time to dump our veteran underachievers.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Florida Panthers Executive Vice President & General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that head coach Kevin Dineen, assistant coach Gord Murphy and assistant coach Craig Ramsay have been relieved of their coaching duties.

Will be very interesting to see how this goes. A step in the right direction though. Was time to let Dineen go.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
What specifically did you guys think Dineen did wrong? What would you have changed?

GernBlanston

May 20, 2011
Smyrna, GA
A change had to happen. I'm not sure how much of this current train wreck can be blamed on which pieces of the puzzle, but it had to start somewhere. I had high hopes for Dineen, and I am probably the biggest Gord Murphy (as a player) fan alive. But... well...

I am NOT looking forward to commentary from the rest of the league today.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
What specifically did you guys think Dineen did wrong? What would you have changed?

I don't think it was any particular thing Dineen did.

There's only so much you can do with a ****** roster.

At some point he lost the attention of the guys in the locker room.

Changed? Brought in some talented players instead of Gilbert, Whitney and Gomez etc...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Dineen coached the Pirates very well in the AHL but I think he lost control of this ship and veered off course. I was hoping for a veteran coach to come in but a change is what we needed more than anything and I hope a trade is coming as well.

The PP was just sad, the offensive plays, defensive strategies and some of his line combos made alot of us scratch our heads.

GernBlanston

May 20, 2011
Smyrna, GA

There's a thread that specifically addresses this question. There isn't really an easy answer to this one. Low talent level? Unmotivated, lazy vets? Inability to motivate? Terrible schemes? Lines changing 10 times within each game? Craptastic goaltending?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Rats96Yo

Oct 17, 2006
Coral Springs
Wish Dineen the best, but this was a necessary evil.

Skrudland and Madden are new assistants. As for Horachek, I wanted an NHL experienced coach in there, but we'll have to wait and see.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
This team failed at some of the most basic concepts in hockey re: positioning, forechecking, etc. the team simply could not execute the most general of plays. Everything looked difficult on the ice, and I don't think that's because of a lack of talent. The team played more east/west hockey than teams with much more talent. This isn't all of Dineen's fault, but the team on most nights has looked like an absolute train-wreck.

PanthersAllDay1225

MORDE-KULI
May 20, 2010
Wish Dineen the best, but this was a necessary evil.

Skrudland and Madden are new assistants. As for Horachek, I wanted an NHL experienced coach in there, but we'll have to wait and see.

It Seems Pete is just the interim coach. Perhaps we do go after Laviolette

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
San Antonio Rampage Head Coach Peter Horachek has been named Interim Head Coach of the Florida Panthers.

Original Panthers Captain Brian Skrudland and Stanley Cup Winner John Madden will join the Panthers staff as assistant coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad