Kevin Dineen and coaching staff fired!

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I've been hoping for a scouting change for about 20 years now. But, if you are going to relieve KD and assistants, get goalie coach, S&C coach, batting coach, pitching coach and everyone in between.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I enjoyed his time here and give him a massive amount of respect for helping us make the playoffs in his first year, but it needed to be done.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Any defensemen on our 93-97 roster coaching anywhere in the AHL?

Unfortunately we got rid of Gord Murphy in this process.

And well, um, Jovo is the captain of this (what's the opposite of miracle?) on ice.

Moller is a broadcaster.

Who's left? Don't know where Woolley and Carkner are. Someone get Svehla and Laus in this group, stat!

FlaPanthers7

May 31, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
Had to happen - maybe Dineen wasn't the best for this young team, but you can't squeeze water from stone. This is a team lacking talent overall and I'm not sure anyone could have done better. Yes, last year was a disaster with all of the injuries, but then we lose Weiss and don't replace him (but say Matthias is ready for that spot) and that trickles down the center. It's the same old story with this franchise - guys playing on higher lines than they belong and before they are ready for such duties. It will only change via the draft and development of guys like Barkov and Bjugstadt, who are not top line guys yet, or trading/signing FAs. I would really like to see some moves to shore up our #1 center spot, even if it costs us something big. It's a move that has needed to be done for many years now.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Saw this reply on FB. Louis Molina: "Panthers are all about scraping by at the bottom of the NHL while spending as little money as possible and hoping the northerners will show up to games to see their favorite teams beat the Panthers. Prove me wrong Panthers, I dare you!" Is this guy on here? He knows the Cats as well as we do!

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
A lot of times great players don't make great coaches. The guys that have unreal natural abilities can't teach them. The backups had to count on positioning and sound mechanics usually make better coaches.

It usually is the lesser guys who played that make the best coaches. Strange phenom in sports.

Clearly that hasn't been the case for the Panthers with Tallas :laugh:

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site

And well, um, Jovo is the captain of this (what's the opposite of miracle?) on ice.

Moller is a broadcaster.

Who's left? Don't know where Woolley and Carkner are. Someone get Svehla and Laus in this group, stat!

Get Tommy Fitzgerald up in the booth with Lindsay. 2 peas in a pod, those guys!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Moller is a broadcaster.

Ya I was hoping someone knew the whereabouts of these two guys.

Svehla - "On January 14, 2009, Å vehla joined HC Dukla Trenčín and signed a contract as assistant coach"

"Å vehla was also strong defensively and was a willing bodychecker. He led the NHL in hits on multiple occasions during his time in Florida. Despite this, Å vehla was a durable player missing only 6 games during his final 8 seasons in the NHL."

Tallon, find Robert!!

zosodp

Oct 22, 2013
Side note

We can look forward to a new Service America commercial tomorrow

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Ya I was hoping someone knew the whereabouts of these two guys.

Svehla - "On January 14, 2009, Å vehla joined HC Dukla Trenčín and signed a contract as assistant coach"

"Å vehla was also strong defensively and was a willing bodychecker. He led the NHL in hits on multiple occasions during his time in Florida. Despite this, Å vehla was a durable player missing only 6 games during his final 8 seasons in the NHL."

Tallon, find Robert!!

Svehla hitting stats were always very very high @ home. He had like 13-20 hits every home game. Then 3-5 on road games. Just saying... :sarcasm:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Side note

We can look forward to a new Service America commercial tomorrow

I'm pretty sure were gonna see Dineen in those commercials for a long time. With how professionally things are handled around Panthers broadcasts too I wouldn't be surprised if we still see him in them

Erick*

Thank you, Kevin Dineen, for getting this franchise to the playoffs. Something no other coach has been able to do in the past decade.

It's a shame you had crappy talent on your roster as was the case for every coach that's been here. You'll get another job and do way better. It's a blessing in disguise for you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad