Confirmed with Link: Kevin Connauton claimed off waivers

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
Solid move for you guys, this guy has some potential. Has never really had a chance to play. Low risk, potentially high reward move.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I think some people expect too much out of a waiver wire pick-up.. Yes, he's probably no more than a 3rd pairing D-man, but I imagine he's more skilled and has more potential than St. Denis. If it doesn't work out, it's not like it's a huge loss.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Nathan Paetsch might be the most irrelevant Blue Jacket of all time.

That made me laugh. And then think. Which skater played the most games for Columbus without scoring a point?

Ben Simon 2005-2006 13 games 0 points
But Paetsch was 2nd! 10 games 0 points

good call

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Former Canuck prospect..
Showed alright at rookie camps, but disappointed in progression after a couple seasons..
Moved to Dallas, shocked many Canuck fans that he makes the team and gets positive reviews..
Overachieved in making the NHL when he did..
Not sure what happened between that and today tho...

Dallas has shed Gonchar and Connauton on the backend when from the outside looking in its their problem area. I don't know..

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Will he play this weekend if everyone else is healthy? Slot him in for Erixon or Prout for game?

“@smitchcd: #CBJ pairs: Erixon-Wisniewski; Johnson-Prout; Leopold-Savard. Connauton extra.â€

Looks like as of now he is the number 7 Dman.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
^Didn't say there was a problem, just stating a fact.

If/when the blue line is healthy someone (or two) will have to be moved.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
^Didn't say there was a problem, just stating a fact.

If/when the blue line is healthy someone (or two) will have to be moved.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong. It come off as being a negative comment to me, but maybe you ment it differently.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
^Yeah, sorry I meant he became D #7 for the moment as we sent St. Denis now. Wasn't sure if the team saw him at that #6 slot or not.

sirwilliam

Assume it's sarcasm
Nov 29, 2006
Victoria
K Con has a great shot and a big frame. He was also a defensive standout on the Wolves, better than his +/- indicates, often their best D. I'm sad we traded him for an ineffective rental (Roy).

I think he'll fit well with the youth movement in CBJ.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
K Con has a great shot and a big frame. He was also a defensive standout on the Wolves, better than his +/- indicates, often their best D. I'm sad we traded him for an ineffective rental (Roy).

I think he'll fit well with the youth movement in CBJ.

Does he miss the net a fair bit or is he just trying too hard to impress? Seems like he has a hard shot though

sirwilliam

Assume it's sarcasm
Nov 29, 2006
Victoria
Does he miss the net a fair bit or is he just trying too hard to impress? Seems like he has a hard shot though

His shot is is biggest asset, pretty accurate, good backhand. He can jump up on the rush effectively. He's got a great stick too, breaks up a lot of plays heading the other way. He'll fight on occasion.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
At least he was noticeable last night. Has a cannon for a shot. Looks to be a pretty good skater. Not a bad pickup in my mind after seeing him play.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad