Kevin Bieksa is not an NHL caliber defenceman

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My (and most Ducks fans) problem with the guy, is that he fricken skates all casual (hence the name Casual Kev) around the ice. Then, there's the whole fact that once he is skating, he goes to the wrong place. He absolutely makes poor decisions with the puck and doesn't defend well. Every goal against seems to be his fault when he's on the ice. I thought Sbisa was bad, but I'd take him back so fast.

I wouldn't be as hard on Kev if he were playing 5 minutes a night, or sitting half the games or something. But the guy plays every game and averages almost 20 minutes a game. That is a THIRD of every game we are behind the 8 ball. It sucks.

I can't tell you how many goals against I've seen this year where Bieksa is nowhere to be found.

On one recent one Fowler was chasing the puck behind the net and Bieksa was just chilling by the boards by the left face off dot not covering anyone leaving Nick Ritchie alone to defend the slot. He's horrible. Great guy, horrible player.

I'd welcome Luca Sbisa back in his current spot if we didn't have guys like Theodore and Montour (even Holzer) who would be better in his place.

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
He had some good years in Vancouver but the last few were hot garbage. He was brutal.
Is it weird that Don Cherry praised the hell out of Bieksa during coach's corner?

I think Cherry helped us land that 2nd round pick.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He had some good years in Vancouver but the last few were hot garbage. He was brutal.
Is it weird that Don Cherry praised the hell out of Bieksa during coach's corner?

I think Cherry helped us land that 2nd round pick.

I think Murray's Beauchemin panic and lack of options helped more.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
just some i found off the top of my head

Corsi rel 2016-2017
Girardi -5.8
Kindl -6.8
Bieksa -8.0
Polak -8.2
Hunwick -8.3
Willie Mitchell -8.4
Josh Georges -10.4

Credibility shot to 0 after that LOL. Unless Mitchell has been playing under Ekblad's name while Ek recovers from his concussion :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad