Kevin Bieksa is not an NHL caliber defenceman

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Bieksa also bleeds leadership. You need guys like him to teach your young ones.

Had the Ducks won a cup in the last few years, no one would be mad about Bieksa.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
He was in a pretty good scrap recently, wasn't he? Ferland I think? That's all I've seen from him recently, but he looked like he still had it.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Sad too hear that. His play definitely dropped significantly his last couple years in Vancouver, but he was an easy guy to cheer for.

Thanks for the 2nd though.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
You're telling me this is not the face of a solid NHL'er?

30086a232d37466ad782d3830edbbbc71.jpg

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
My (and most Ducks fans) problem with the guy, is that he fricken skates all casual (hence the name Casual Kev) around the ice. Then, there's the whole fact that once he is skating, he goes to the wrong place. He absolutely makes poor decisions with the puck and doesn't defend well. Every goal against seems to be his fault when he's on the ice. I thought Sbisa was bad, but I'd take him back so fast.

I wouldn't be as hard on Kev if he were playing 5 minutes a night, or sitting half the games or something. But the guy plays every game and averages almost 20 minutes a game. That is a THIRD of every game we are behind the 8 ball. It sucks.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
i still think we should rotate him out with boll on the 4th line.

keep him from running into out goalies and stop him from sliding on the ice every other shift. he could just call for a change and we could get someone into the play faster.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He sucks he sucks, he really really sucks.

He sucked before the ducks got him, it just shows what a terrible talent evaluation the ducks did he has no brain.

There was some interview he did I think in his last year with the Canucks where he basically said that he forgets everything that happens as soon as he gets to the bench and that guys will try to ask about a play and he won't remember which one. Tongue in cheek or not, it seemed to explain a lot.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sad part is hes taking a spot away from kids like larsson and montour, or a pylon. All 3 would undoubtly be better options.

Flyboy34

Registered Something
Jul 7, 2003
33,000 FT
Bieksa and Stoner contracts...yeesh.

TBH, Stoner has looked far more serviceable and competent when he's been in the lineup compared to Bieksa. Stoner's contract might be an overpayment, but not more than 25%.

Bieksa on the other hand looks lost and out of place whenever he is on the ice. Like the game is too fast for him. Casual Kev is being paid 2x to 3x more than he is worth. He's a liability but hey, Randy loves his vets..

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
TBH, Stoner has looked far more serviceable and competent when he's been in the lineup compared to Bieksa. Stoner's contract might be an overpayment, but not more than 25%.

Bieksa on the other hand looks lost and out of place whenever he is on the ice. Like the game is too fast for him. Casual Kev is being paid 2x to 3x more than he is worth. He's a liability but hey, Randy loves his vets..

This. Stoner is a bit overpaid, but still very solid for what his actual job is. Bieksa on the other hand is a tire fire. On the rush he wants to pretend he's a forward and in his own zone the closest comparable is that Travolta confused gif. 90% of the time if the puck is in the net it's because Bieksa lost his guy *again*.

I like him but he needs to be in a limited role.

If by limited you mean sitting in the press box then yes. Otherwise the only thing he hasn't screwed up this year was that promo stint he did with the ice crew. Come to think of it that may be the best use of his "talents"

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Last year he was still capable of playing 3rd pairing minutes (for some reason BB was using him on the top pairing though). This season he's looked completely done, he's been an absolute liability in his own end and his days of contributing anything offensively are long behind him.

The Ducks third pairing has been bleeding goals against this season and Bieksa is a huge part of that.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The thing that makes Bieksa so bad, is him being paired with Theo has seemed to make Theo actively worse each night. He must be giving him terrible advice on the ice and it's just starting to completely ruin Theo's development.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Probably the first time in a long while that there isn't an Edmonton Oiler in the conversation for worst defenseman in the league.

Thank you Andrew Ference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad