Former Bruins Kevan Miller Retires

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
It was a nice surprise seeing him prove a lot of us wrong (myself included) with his strong play this past season. A damn shame to see him call it quits but it's definitely time given all the injuries. All the best to him and his family moving forward and hopefully we'll see him involved in the Bruins organization in some capacity in the future.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Cannot say his play will be missed but he was very useful when the games was played the right way just a few years ago.

heartfelthastyeasteuropeanshepherd.gif

yeah can’t get on board with the diss on his play. I recognize I was often in the minority in my view of his ability, maybe I overvalued him but I don’t think so….but “cannot say his play will be missed” is pretty harsh. My opinion, that’s all.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He deserves to enjoy life after hockey with those injuries. His return last season ended up being very welcome and he played well in the playoffs.

The Bruins get softer.

After this has happened the Bruins must keep Lauzon & Clifton. Otherwise yes they'll be softer than a pile of dog shit on the front lawn.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
What I always admired about Kevan (besides his toughness on the ice) was his tenacity. He never gave up on becoming an NHL defenseman and he never gave up on improving his game once he finally got here.

I'm going to miss watching #86 out there taking care of business.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Thanks Killer. Came back and gave it as honest an effort as I can imagine. Went out demonstrating that he can be a darn effective Dman…as long as he was healthy…which proved to be impossible. But he put up some good tape in his retirement season. Can go away with his head held high.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
The very last Bruins warrior, suddenly this team is very very much softer, after Lucic, Quaider, Big Z...now Miller...not gonna replace him!

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Another warrior that will be missed. Really bothered me when posters said things like Miller is injury prone, fragile, or things like that. Players like Miller get hurt often because they play much harder than others, put themselves at greater risk, and do things others are unwilling to do. That's what separates them from the others and keeps them in the lineup.

I was one of those posters. Over the years, I gained respect for Mr. Miller.

Good luck to him.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Didn’t one or more of the fitness guys move to BU? maybe this guy trains the team. Stacked

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Taking a break from my summer siesta to chime in on Miller's retirement.

I've been critical of Miller. I've praised Miller. But I never questioned his character or work ethic. He turned himself into an everyday NHL defenseman through sheer hard work.

Will be interesting to see if he stays in the organization? Or does he focus his time on his business ventures with Marchand?

Best of luck to Mr. Miller in his retirement.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He really impressed me last year with his comeback and playmaking abilities. We all kinda knew the odds were against him, so it was eventually the right thing for him to do, his health is more important long term. He came from a non traditional hockey market and made it as a walk on out of college to becoming a Pro. Be nice if he stayed around in some capacity on the staff to teach the young guys. Now it is up to Lauzon and Cliffy to bring some of his tenacity and physicality.

Reactions: BaBaBruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad