Former Bruins Kevan Miller Retires

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Ends his career getting illegally hit by Orlov. Complete BS. I'd throw in to see Miller come back another game against the Caps.

But what a player he was and turned into...still believe 100% Bruins win the Cup in 2019 with him in the line up.

Although sad to see him go....good to stay healthy and enjoy life.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Fantastic career grinding it out. I'll never forget that LA game back in 2014 where it was like "woah...okay...what do we have here with this guy?"

He had a really good stretch before one of his injuries where he was still nails defensively, but he started carrying the puck a lot more. I remember he had a couple shifts where he toured the offensive zone with the puck on his stick and it looked like he was taking another step.

Unfortunately I think he went down again shortly after that stretch and I don't remember seeing that part of his game anymore.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
He had a really good stretch before one of his injuries where he was still nails defensively, but he started carrying the puck a lot more. I remember he had a couple shifts where he toured the offensive zone with the puck on his stick and it looked like he was taking another step.

Unfortunately I think he went down again shortly after that stretch and I don't remember seeing that part of his game anymore.

That slow and steady progression was most impressive.

There was a game vs LA, we lost something like 1:9, from then on it was up and up for him.

And yeah his skating got better, he started to carry puck more. He used ot be that d zone pass guy and that was pretty much it for him game wise but as you said he started to carry puck deeper and deeper into the o zone, sometimes even do Marchand like tight turn in the corner and turn back up, pass to rushing forward or whatever.

Bad luck with injuries...i am going to miss him. Carved out a decent career, worked hard and actually progressed on his path full of obstacles.

One of my fav Bruins on this team.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Cannot say his play will be missed but he was very useful when the games was played the right way just a few years ago.

heartfelthastyeasteuropeanshepherd.gif

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
:yo:Nothing but respect and gratitude for his grace and determination to keep coming back. I think it’s very likely that he ends up in coaching or leadership position fairly soon (I hear Providence might need someone:naughty:). Enjoy time with your family Kevan, we’ll miss you in uniform, but hope you are sticking around our community.:heart: Hope we see you soon!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad