Former Bruins Kevan Miller Retires

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Another warrior that will be missed. Really bothered me when posters said things like Miller is injury prone, fragile, or things like that. Players like Miller get hurt often because they play much harder than others, put themselves at greater risk, and do things others are unwilling to do. That's what separates them from the others and keeps them in the lineup.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

x7gjmBuaHrWak.gif

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
We saw the difference in the Bruins attitude on the ice when he was in the line up. This is what they need going forward.

Thanks dude. Loved your style and take no shit attitude. Something the team should watch in training camp.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Warrior and a lot better all around player than given credit for IMO... A self made player. All the best to him in the future.
I remember a few years ago Kevan came to camp and his skating had really improved.

He had worked hard with a skating coach.

The guy gave everything he could.

The Bs need a new enforcer because Kevan made the Bs a better team. He was a leader also.

I will miss him

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I just looked up his stats for no particular reason at all but I honestly had no idea that he spent his entire career in the Bruins org. For some reason, I thought he was a UFA signing. The B`s are in a severe need for a few more like him in the lineup for the upcoming season as this D, currently assembled is Charmin soft

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good for him. Wish his body held up. Warrior; wish we had a clone and other players were committed to his fitness and enhancing his abilities.
hard to believe that a body that looked like his did couldn`t hold up, too bad, he will be missed, love to see him stay on in some capacity with the B`s

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Miller's probably the player who's proven me wrong the most since I've been a fan.

I thought he was AHL fodder when he initially signed, and he turned into much more than that. I hated the contract they signed him to after 2016, I thought it was a mistake to protect him over Colin Miller in the expansion draft, and I thought signing him to more than a minimum contract last year was insane when he hadn't played for over a year.

He turned into a quality bottom pairing defenseman and it's a shame he just couldn't stay healthy. Feels like there are a few 'what ifs?' if he'd been healthy at different moments.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Wish Miller all the best and he is making the right decision, his health come first. It is too bad for all the injuries he had, this guy was the epitome of what a Bruins player is, he was not drafted I believe and signed as a UFA, worked his butt off to improve every aspect of his game, his skating got much better. I keep thinking Don Cherry would have loved this guy on his teams back in the 70's, he would have been a Big Bad Bruin for sure. Appreciate all he did for the team and seems like he was a great teammate as well.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
When he was on the ice, he was a beast for the most part. Sure, you never wanted to count on him for top pairing minutes, but it felt like he never really stopped getting better from when he started to when he finished. And he also never changed his style one bit from the day he put on a Bruins sweater. I have a lot of respect for that and the way he prepared and came ready to play a hard physical game every night. Unfortunately that style is a big factor in having to exit too early.

Best of luck to him and his family in their future.

Reactions: bruins19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad