Former Bruins Kevan Miller Retires

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Too bad I don't think twice about giving him a 1 year deal and letting him be in the mix/7th D man even if hes not 100% and can't be in the lineup nightly. He had a very good season for us.

Best of luck to him after hockey.

Reactions: StrBender

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
After this has happened the Bruins must keep Lauzon & Clifton. Otherwise yes they'll be softer than a pile of dog shit on the front lawn.

If Ritchie gets fat this offseason (most likely) and can'tskate/ hit anyone and Bruce doesn't consider Frederic a regular we will be in contention for softest team in the NHL and a lock for bottom 5 softest.

Hard to see where we would add 'grit' too paying for it via UFA is how you end up with Backes/Beleskey deals.

Reactions: BMC

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
In Germany we say Dankeschön Kevan.
He knew what the spoked B stands for.
watch

Reactions: PetePeeters1

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
His story about trying to come back and play for the 2019 run only to have an injury again was heart-breaking to read.

I am sure this wasn't an easy decision.

The bruins will miss his grit and his leadership.

Thanks Killer for a great Bruin career. You'll be missed. Best of luck in your next phase!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Too bad. Such a capable 7th defenseman.

Better than that. As genuine a 5-6D as you'll find. Not the fastest or most talented, or the best puck mover. But gritty, tough to shift or pass, responsible and rarely out of position, and the kind of guy who made opposing forwards earn every inch of ice. Fully fit he makes almost any 3rd pair in the league on merit. And that's probably the shame and frustration of his career - with all his injuries we never really got to see how good Miller could be with some more consistent and sustained ice time. There were signs of a more dynamic player emerging as he grew more experienced had his body permitted it. But he still did more than enough to prove his credentials as top 6 NHL defenseman.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I understand there were skeptics when he came back, but I like to think his hard work and effort won them over. I don’t begrudge them rethinking their comments now and paying proper respect as he hangs up his skates.
For sure, there were some real douches too. . . and they know who they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Loved him very much. Bruins will miss him and now look more like a disney princess on ice group !
Bruins need some bad very bad guys in lineup very fast.
Teams will continue to charge best players tu hurt them without any response
Enought is enought

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Killer was a great Bruin but it was definitely time. Tough as nails, that role is definitely needed in this current D group.

Was a great year for him I thought, his game is still there he just can’t keep it on the ice anymore.

I’m sure the Bruins will move him into some player development job at some point.

Reactions: inactive user

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I understand there were skeptics when he came back, but I like to think his hard work and effort won them over. I don’t begrudge them rethinking their comments now and paying proper respect as he hangs up his skates.
I was a big skeptic of his, but his improved skating won me over to a great degree.

Kraken put our friend Khulman on waivers to make room for Tolvanen. I wonder if Europe is in his near future?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Does anyone know what might be up with Killer? His Instagram account has been deleted :oops:
Saw him a couple months ago - he and Marchand did a kids clinic up at Sig Sauer in NH. Based on the reaction of all the moms there, it seems he was doing just fine.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad