Proposal: Kessel to Dallas

Vesna

Jul 1, 2016
I dont want Kessel in Dallas, Panarin a lot better and could be cheaper than hamster.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
these teams aren't good trading partners. PIT C depth is Sid, Geno, Brassard and Sheahan. So PIT gives up their PPG+ Winger in order to get a 4C as the main piece coming back? Brutal.

Vesna

Jul 1, 2016
he wont be cheaper at all... you realize Kessel's cap hit is only 6.8M?
"cheaper for trade" i mean, 1st + hintz + oettinger + some shit + radulov as a drinker partner in dallas bars could be enough

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
dont care, he is totally beat Kessel, 2kk more is not a big price

Their production is very similar.

Rather have Kessel at 6.8 than Panarin at 8-9 mil.

Panarin has age going for him though. Kessel is 30.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
lol, CBJ will never get 1C for panarin, faksa/turris/haula/same centers is maximum
+ picks + minors + ets

Then I doubt they trade him. Faksa ain't even moving the needle for CBJ. Turris+ probably would, as he is a 55 point good #2 C.

Reactions: DRW204

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
If the Stars miss out on Karlsson I assume they'd target Panarin and then Pacioretty to improve out LW side, but I wouldn't mind Kessel at all. Great experience and we could still acquire Pacioretty for pretty cheap. Not a fan of giving up Faksa in this deal though, our center depth is bad enough.

If we could somehow roll out a lineup of:

Benn-Seguin-Kessel
Pacioretty-Spezza-Radulov
Janmark-Faksa-Nichushkin
Comeau-Hanzal-Pitlick

I'd be thrilled. Fine with giving up Hintz + a 1st, what else would it take other than Faksa though? Another prospect or pick? Hard to judge Kessel's value based on the mixed opinions I see on here, but I've always liked his game

I’m really wondering what’s left for you to think you could grab Pacioretty? Honka, that’s pretty much the only thing left for a player of that caliber (pending 1st is out, Faksa N/A, 1st 2018 draftee won’t move, Heiskanen N/A)

Legit curious...

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
lol, CBJ will never get 1C for panarin, faksa/turris/haula/same centers is maximum
+ picks + minors + ets
Faksa+picks+prospects is the deal that is proposed in the OP, how is that cheaper? Who are the picks and prospects on top of that?

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Phil put up 92 points last year and with a couple of really good playoff performances (one of which people still argue was robbed of the Smythe). There is not a single sign of him slowing down. If Kessel was a UFA this year then he would have been signed for 9 million with some team.

But he's at 6.8 thanks to Toronto.

People sticking their noises up at Phil Kessel are hilarious.

But this is fine with me cause I don't want him traded lol

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’m really wondering what’s left for you to think you could grab Pacioretty? Honka, that’s pretty much the only thing left for a player of that caliber (pending 1st is out, Faksa N/A, 1st 2018 draftee won’t move, Heiskanen N/A)

Legit curious...

Honka + other prospects + a 2nd round pick probably

Reactions: Hardworker33

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This seems like a really mediocre return for the Penguins. Like I'd actually be pissed if Kessel got traded for this, and I'm someone who has been very open to trading Kessel.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This seems like a really mediocre return for the Penguins.

It is, but if you flip both 2019 1sts to Carolina for Skinner - an understanding that would have to be a prerequisite for this deal - I think it really does make the team better and gives us some extra depth moving forward.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It is, but if you flip both 2019 1sts to Carolina for Skinner - an understanding that would have to be a prerequisite for this deal - I think it really does make the team better and gives us some extra depth moving forward.

I don't think you can justify a crappy return with another unrelated move. I'd also rather not trade Kessel and a 1st for Faksa, Skinner and a mediocre forward prospect.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't think you can justify a crappy return with another unrelated move. I'd also rather not trade Kessel and a 1st for Faksa, Skinner and a mediocre forward prospect.

Just give it some thought. It might sit better after a little time haha.

Faksa's 24 years old, plays LW and C, won 51% of his draws last year, played 1:50 SHTOI/G, scored 17 goals and 33 points despite only 33% OZ starts, and he's signed through '19-'20 at 2.2 mil per, after which he's still an RFA. He gives us built-in insurance after Brass and Sheahan move on to greener pastures.

Skinner's 5 years younger than Kessel, has exactly the same number of EV points over the past 3 seasons, and almost guaranteed won't cost more than Kessel's present deal to re-sign.

Hintz isn't anything remarkable, but he's a decent LW with size and speed drafted in the 2nd round who isn't waiver-eligible until '20-'21, so he has time to develop here. He's probably not too far off from what we'd be picking in the late 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad