Kessel the gift that keeps on giving

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Reaves laughing is also priceless, he just cant stop...

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
If any Leafs fans turned on him it was because Kessel is the one who came up with "Salute Gate" because he told Dion Phaneuf for the team to not raise their sticks after they won a game, even though the previous game they lost 9-2 to Nashville and got booed off the ice.

As for the trade if non Leafs fans got on Kessel and bashed him because of it and today no one does it anymore since he's now in Pittsburgh, doesn't it make others who took part look bad? If any trades was worse how about Scott Gomez for Ryan McDonagh or Martin Erat for Filip Forsberg. If Boston never drafted Tyler Seguin and instead they selected Dylan McIlrath (Who went 10th overall in 2010) with the Leafs 1st round pick because it was not 2nd overall does anyone care?

What a load of crap.
You have no proof nor way of confirming that Kessel "is the one who came up with Salute Gate".
Have you been in contact with Simmons lately? Was he your source on this scoop?
How is the hot dog guy doing these days. You know, the one Simmons confirmed in his story that Kessel visited every day despite living ridiculously far away.

Pathetic.

People have short memories around here.

Kessel came into the league with a "Rep"

He was widely disliked by his collegiate teammates and was considered a selfish and negative presence.

His contract problem and subsequent trade from the Bruins confirmed that he was not considered "Good in the room"

Starting in TO, he maintained his status as a unlikable character, it was PLANNED that he be picked last in the all-star game as he was not well thought of around the league. When the final pick happened players are seen with their cell cameras ready and having a good laugh at his expense.

I think he faced so much adversity in TO that he had to get humble, I think then his reputation may have improved

So funny when I see these "Such and such is such a great human being" threads when a PR company has started working on the player's image. It's like people don't remember anything more than the last thing they heard on TV,

I remember when Alex Mogilny was with the Leafs, they started working on his public image, all of a sudden everyone is talking about what a "character" guy Mogilny was when for years Mogilney had been a complete twit to everyone (I was in Vancouver in the 90's I know all about what a great guy Mogilny was)

This is even more pathetic than the one above.
Again, it's all conjecture being passed off as fact.
Tell us who it was that claimed Kessel had a reputation.
Tell us who it was in Boston that considered Kessel not "Good in the room".
Tell us who it was in Toronto that considered Kessel unlikable.
Oh, by Boston and Toronto above, I mean in the organization. Someone reputable that we can draw actual conclusions from.
As far as I can tell, Kessel has been more than well liked everywhere he's been.

Oh yeah, let's also forget how the guy spent his day with the Stanley Cup at The Hospital for Sick Children in a city he didn't live or work in anymore, in a country he didn't live or work in.
Well, I guess it was all that publicity he made beforehand, the constant announcements he made that he was bringing the Cup to Toronto.....wait a second, we found out after he had already left the city!
I guess this guy is the worst PR savvy person on the planet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad