News Article: Kessel on his way out of Pittsburgh?

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Look at Vegas. They are still not that talented. They are well coached and have good depth. Every team has a Marchessault.

Four forwards scoring over 60 points during the regular season, a defense that is overall better than our own, and a goalie that has won the cup repeatedly. Yes, they have little talent. It's all a bunch of Zach Hymans. We should just swap teams at this point. Apparently Gallant took the Babcock recipe to the extreme, and turned a bunch of players that were little more than depth and 4th liners, into one of the top scoring teams in the league. THEY ARE STILL NOT THAT TALENTED. YOU DON'T NEED TALENT TO BE A TOP TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Im starting to think some of you dont get it, when youre throwing words like "compete" around so easily, when theres roughly 372 forwards in the NHL. so out of the hundreds of thousands of people, potentially millions, who play hockey, only 370-400ish make the NHL as forwards and you have the nerve to question Kessel's compete?

Just cause he doesnt go head first into the corners so he can have CTE at 45 doesnt mean the guy doesnt compete. The 2 rings and PPG? playoff record speaks more of his compete.

Reactions: WildWolfdog

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Im starting to think some of you dont get it, when youre throwing words like "compete" around so easily, when theres roughly 372 forwards in the NHL. so out of the hundreds of thousands of people, potentially millions, who play hockey, only 370-400ish make the NHL as forwards and you have the nerve to question Kessel's compete?

Just cause he doesnt go head first into the corners so he can have CTE at 45 doesnt mean the guy doesnt compete. The 2 rings and PPG? playoff record speaks more of his compete.
Ok. He doesn't compete properly

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Quite odd to visit a website many years before you actually make an account in my opinion.
Odd that so many believe the "Joined" date means you never visited this forum or had an account before. I was posting on here as far back as 2007. I replied to a thread about Brandon Saad being a part of the Kessel trade on the main board.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Odd that so many believe the "Joined" date means you never visited this forum or had an account before. I was posting on here as far back as 2007. I replied to a thread about Brandon Saad being a part of the Kessel trade on the main board.
So u posted here 11 years ago and you only made an account only 2 years ago?

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
How do you see that?
I mean if he's replacing JVR it's more offense in and equal or better defense. That seems like a net plus to me
1. Because we would give up valuable assets
2. He doesn't fit into the team first culture.
3. The minutes not given to JVR would have to come from the other young promising players to justify the cost.
4. His performance WILL decline due to his age and his lack of training predisposition. Older players only stay in the league if they train like workhorses. He eats hotdogs, golfs and fishes during his down time.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Acquiring Kessel wasn't the problem. The problem was where the team finished in the standings and the pick(s) and player(s) that came from that. Burke didn't think he'd be trading away a 2nd overall and eventual 1C in Seguin. A RD like Hamilton would've also been good to have. Those pieces also never materialized otherwise in his time here.

The team is in much better shape now compared to then. I still don't believe Kessel would be coming back here, if he's even moved at all.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
1. Because we would give up valuable assets
2. He doesn't fit into the team first culture.
3. The minutes not given to JVR would have to come from the other young promising players to justify the cost.
4. His performance WILL decline due to his age and his lack of training predisposition. Older players only stay in the league if they train like workhorses. He eats hotdogs, golfs and fishes during his down time.
1 can't be determined until we see what the trade would be
2 I agree with
3 if he's better then the minutes are well spent
4 you know he's an iron man right? His style of play should extend if longevity

For reason 2 alone I'm against aquireing Kessel, but to say he would make the team worse is a little bit if a stretch imo

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Acquiring Kessel wasn't the problem. The problem was where the team finished in the standings and the pick(s) and player(s) that came from that. Burke didn't think he'd be trading away a 2nd overall and eventual 1C in Seguin. A RD like Hamilton would've also been good to have. Those pieces also never materialized otherwise in his time here.

The team is in much better shape now compared to then. I still don't believe Kessel would be coming back here, if he's even moved at all.
Boston moved Kessel for a reason. It wasn't because his individual numbers were crap. Toronto moved Kessel for a reason. It wasn't because his individual numbers were crap. Pittsburgh might be moving Kessel for a reason. It isn't because his individual numbers are crap.
There is a pattern here. Strong no

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
That is the absurdist...No he wont.
He would be a cancer to the young players
this might just top it all. kessel would not be a cancer to the young players. you are just saying ridiculous things to justify why kessel shouldn't be on this team. just because you're jealous that he's having success in a place other than toronto, like many former leafs, doesn't mean he'd be a terrible addition on this team.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Boston moved Kessel for a reason. It wasn't because his individual numbers were crap. Toronto moved Kessel for a reason. It wasn't because his individual numbers were crap. Pittsburgh might be moving Kessel for a reason. It isn't because his individual numbers are crap.
There is a pattern here. Strong no
the leafs moved kessel because they wanted to continue the rebuild and that meant bug contracts had to be moved. if the leafs weren't rebuilding, no way he gets traded

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
this might just top it all. kessel would not be a cancer to the young players. you are just saying ridiculous things to justify why kessel shouldn't be on this team. just because you're jealous that he's having success in a place other than toronto, like many former leafs, doesn't mean he'd be a terrible addition on this team.
I'm not jealous. I'm also a Pens fan. Also aware that he couldn't play with Crosby and Malkin didn't want to play with him.
If the pens want to offer up one of those guys, you would be surprised what I would offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad