Kessel, JvR, and Kulemin in Sochi

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Lets hope he doesn't run out of gas. That's lot of hockey and traveling time... and he's still in Russia I believe (not 100 percent though)

He played his last game on Saturday, and will play his next one on Thursday. That alone is more than enough time to rest up.

NHL players are creatures of habit, the ones coming from the olympics will be in top form.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Sigh.. People are arguing Kessel didn't deserve the top forward because he didn't 'show up' when the team was shutout back to back.

At least now we know Kessel is considered better than Wayne Gretzky. :laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sigh.. People are arguing Kessel didn't deserve the top forward because he didn't 'show up' when the team was shutout back to back.

They are just looking for reactions those posters. Kessel was the only USA fwd that was remotely dangerous against Canada.

No one showed up against Finland, who cares about a bronze medal, in 4 years no one will remember.

blendermf

GO LEAFS GO!
Dec 11, 2010
matthewfraser.ca

Especially when you consider in the game against Canada they were playing against probably the best team defence I've seen in my life. (and the other game being the bronze medal game, which they were probably completely deflated for)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
They are just looking for reactions those posters. Kessel was the only USA fwd that was remotely dangerous against Canada.

No one showed up against Finland, who cares about a bronze medal, in 4 years no one will remember.

Except, you know - Finland.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It seems all hope for Kessel getting respected by non-Leaf fans is lost yet again.
All hope of that was lost when he signed an extension with the Leafs :laugh:. Just the way things go.

Other fans don't care what Kessel accomplished against Boston in the playoffs either. If he scored a few goals in the last couple games for the US (and lost) people still would have forgotten about it within a few weeks.

Last edited:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
It seems all hope for Kessel getting respected by non-Leaf fans is lost yet again.

Kessel was by far USA's best forward through the tournament, showing up players like Kane and Parise (both "highly respected" players). If other people can't respect a player like that, then who cares. Leafers know that Kessel is a top tier player, we don't need vindication.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
All hope of that was lost when he signed an extension with the Leafs :laugh:. Just the way things go.

Other fans don't care what Kessel accomplished against Boston in the playoffs either. If he scored a few goals in the last couple games for the US (and lost) people still would have forgotten about it within a few weeks.

Ya the funniest is when you see comments like "Kessel was invisible again in a big game"... I must have missed the first time :laugh:

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
How bad is the injury to JVR? I heard he hurt his hand or something. Also he took that puck right under the chin and looked like off his collarbone in the Bronze game. Is he injured or just really banged up?

Hope he isn't our mini-Tavares.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Some players will come home from the Olympics on success highs while others will be coming home on disappointing lows.

Be interesting to see how that effects NHL play based on Olympic experience.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Ended up being best case scenario. Phil lit it up and Canada won gold.
Well I think the best case scenario was Kessel playing well even against Canada but Canada still winning. Then Kessel lighting up the Bronze Medal game to leave on a high note.

This was more of the mostly positive scenario. As a whole Kessel played great and lead the tournament in scoring, Canada won the Gold, but Kessel had a rough last two games of the tournament.

zong

Apr 2, 2013
How bad is the injury to JVR? I heard he hurt his hand or something. Also he took that puck right under the chin and looked like off his collarbone in the Bronze game. Is he injured or just really banged up?

Hope he isn't our mini-Tavares.

Puck to the throat, he seemed fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad