Kessel, JvR, and Kulemin in Sochi

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
MOD EDIT: Might as well add Kulemin. We'll use this thread to discuss our guys

I just caught myself cheering real hard when their line scored that goal. I almost want the US to get a silver medal for our boys over there. I might prefer they lose every game but Kessel and JVR both get hat tricks every game lol. :help:

Such a conflict of interest here, all in all what do you guys think they will accomplish over there? The US team is fast and seems to have some real hard working guys as well as some of the best goalies in the world.

IMO Canada is the favorite but Russia is an offensive juggernaut and U.S. is a pretty well rounded team with elite goalies and a devastating PP unit, Sweden is also really well rounded with King Henrik back there as well.

Also sorry in advance mod if there is a thread that I didnt see for this type of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
They have elite goalies and a talented hard working team . They have a chance to win it all .

Man for man they don't have the talent of Can outside of the goalies but in a one game situation i could see them knocking us out .

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
They have elite goalies and a talented hard working team . They have a chance to win it all .

Man for man they don't have the talent of Can outside of the goalies but in a one game situation i could see them knocking us out .

I think they could outwork a lot of times like you said. I pretty much agree with everything you said actually but I don't consider them favorites but I'm not sleeping on them either. I wish we had Stammer ready to go.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I think they could outwork a lot of times like you said. I pretty much agree with everything you said actually but I don't consider them favorites but I'm not sleeping on them either. I wish we had Stammer ready to go.

I think we're the favorites but i'd put them right behind us .

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I'm cheering for Slovenia. Always need a dark horse to cheer for.

Team Japan for women's. It's been a rough start :(

But seriously, it seems every year there is an upset from a hard working team who someone takes lightly. Switzerland seems to take advantage of it.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Grabbing Kessel was a brilliant move by Brian Burke. Trading Schenn for JVR was even better. Having two Americans playing together like that, with their chemistry, in a hockey mad market like Toronto, really works. If Kessel was the lone Yank, it might not.

Fun to watch.

Here's hoping for US silver at this Olympics.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009

they have a very blue collar team with a few game breakers (kane and kessel) and goalies who have the potential to go into god mode.

I think we're the favorites but i'd put them right behind us .

its definitely canadas medal to lose. i think if we had a better goaltending situation there would be zero doubt. i think price will be fine though.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
its definitely canadas medal to lose. i think if we had a better goaltending situation there would be zero doubt. i think price will be fine though.

I hope Price plays well because i don't have much faith in Lou .

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
They got the chemistry together and that is pretty big in short tournaments like this. Knowing where the other will be and their tendencies will help a lot.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Sadly I still think USA or Sweden takes the Gold.

I honestly would not mind if USA won gold, especially when Kessel and JvR are big parts of the team. The olympic stage is the most competitive hockey in the world ever and the winning experience would be very valuable for both of them. But I obviously still want Canada to win.

Also, Kessel already with more points than in 2010 lol

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I just want Kessel to outscore Kane to shut up everyone who says Kane > Kessel because he outscored him last olympics

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I want Kule, JVR and Kessel to do well, but nope, still Canada all the way.

Want to see the Maple Leaf raised, and this would give us 3 gold medals in 5 Olympic games. Undisputed best Hockey nation in the world.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
This is the first time I've ever caught myself cheering for the US a bit...

Me too, it feels icky. Its a pretty insane 1-2 punch with Kessel bringing the speed and then Kane swerving all over dangling and slowing the play right down. That skirmish in front of the net on the Backes goal I loved seeing Kessel right in the mix, hopefully he keeps it up no matter what jersey he has on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad